Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I mean, I think everyone here probably knows that I loved Tynion's run on Detective passionately. I think his work with Steph was the weakest (well, that and poor Luke, who I love), but it still had some really good stuff. She got her relationship with Tim back (which was abrupt, and was too much of her characterization, but I still think it's really nice to get back, since it was a huge part who her history), she got to prove she's not incompetent, and she got to see her history as Robin and Batgirl.

Batman got to hug lots of people, got beaten by Shiva, and showed that he was able to inspire and train his team.

Batwoman got some really complex development and a huge supporting cast upgrade (I know it was controversial, but I loved the Colony and think it's very much in line with Rucka's trajectory for Jake, even if Rucka hates that Jake and Martha are siblings).

Tim got to be Batman's loyal right hand, an idealist who screwed up, and he got Steph back.

Cass got Clayface and a working of her death wish/self hatred stuff.

Clayface got a huge story of trying to be a hero.

Jean-Paul got his dual nature of gentle, faithful guy, and BOMBASTIC AZRAEL, plus Batman software in his brain and genetic engineering, like he originally had.

Luke got awesome gadgets, his sister Tam, and Rookie!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

I fundamentally see Tim as a pragmatist after his many early failures. He is a bit cheesy sometimes but he definitely started caring more and more about the result after someone died because he wasnt prepared enough.
    Tim should have been much better in a fight and incapable of bringing down the colony with a single button press. They are never a threat because from the first moment we know their systems are helpless against Tim. And we never see him do anything interesting because why would he when he can end it with a single button press?

I also saw Bruce telling Tim that he needs him as completely tone deaf. Bruce would never say that to his face, hed probably confide it with someone if pressed or even forced, but he would never tell him.

I thought stephs stuff was in the fanfiction territory. She should have been the heart of the team, the one that everyone strived to protect and the one that everyone just relied on to keep their sanity. Maybe force them to get together for more than just training or patrolling. In this continuity she is a genius hacker daughter of supervillains with superb acrobatic skills and we never see her struggle to get there. Her only struggle is that she disagrees with Batman. We dont see her struggling with Tims death, she kinda accepts it and uses it as fuel to her own agenda.

Batman of tomorrow should have been an only Tim story. The team had nothing to do there but take up space in the story and dilute the narrative.

Steps story should have been about acceptance and moving on, and it should have been up to cass and harper and maybe a bit of azraels wisdom to get there. She shouldnt have spent a night destroying the Batsignal, but growing as a character. She can get good later, the important thing is make her likable, thats the reason she survives today despite her incredibly humble origins.

Cass conflict shouldnt have been with Shiva, it was rushed and robbed the character of one of her finest moments in the past continuity. Cass struggle shouldnt have been "beat an unlimited amount of ninjas", should have probably involved her father wanting to take her back and the entire team being unable to stop him or something. Make him into a threat after the joke he was in eternal. We knew she was good, the whole story was overly indulgent.

Clayface was fine, but to me her friend should have been steph, not cass.

Luke should have not been there, he added absolutely nothing and wasnt developed at all.

Kate shouldnt have taken about so much space space in the book, it felt we got more development for her than from everyone else combined. Could have saved it for her solo, and sold her leadership skills by showing, instead of telling.

Azrael was fine, i would have liked a bit more of his more insightful persona. His own story was complete crap. felt like the ending of a story arc of a big run devoted to the character. The development wasnt earned either.

I dont think Tec sucked, but i think Tynion just has bad habits. He is one of those writers that rarely ever earns the developments he gives the characters (clayface being the only one i can think of for which he did).

You make many good points, especially about Steph and likeability (even though I still find her likeable), but I think I just like the stuff Tynion does well, and am not as bothered by the stuff he doesn't. I also don't mind the priorities he had (like Kate).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Lets bump this thread with a good drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post

Nice! But also so sad, because that continuity is off in another timeline...but I know it's out there, and one day, we'll see it again!

ALL of Steph's Batgirl run is available for DC Universe members!

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/se...a-c929ab5da384

I've already tweeted at DC Universe, thanking them, and posted on all my social medias, I'm so excited!

BANNED

Best Batgirl best Batgirl run

Best Batgirl best Batgirl run
    So true!

Also, Tom King just posted a page from Tec 1000: https://twitter.com/tomkingtk/status...211436033?s=21

AND TIM AND STEPH ARE IN IT!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    ALL of Steph's Batgirl run is available for DC Universe members!

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/se...a-c929ab5da384

I've already tweeted at DC Universe, thanking them, and posted on all my social medias, I'm so excited!
    Awesome! Now all we need is some more love on Young Justice .
    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    So true!

Also, Tom King just posted a page from Tec 1000: https://twitter.com/tomkingtk/status...211436033?s=21

AND TIM AND STEPH ARE IN IT!
    Oh cool, Steph has her old mask and we have the entire Bat-family together. 'Tec 1000 hype .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Awesome! Now all we need is some more love on Young Justice .

Oh cool, Steph has her old mask and we have the entire Bat-family together. 'Tec 1000 hype .
    HYPE HYPE HYPE! You know it!

This is a drawing? I thought that this happened in R. Robin book because I can´t remember this from Batgirl Steph book..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    This is a drawing? I thought that this happened in R. Robin book because I can´t remember this from Batgirl Steph book..
    I think it's a reference to the end of the pre-Flashpoint universe, or possibly convergence. It's so sad, but well done.

Steph is in this ¿cover? Under Batman with Cass and Huntress.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

This is a proablem, their suits are becoming more and more similar, tim needs to get his own idenity like lost bird or somthing
    AMAZING COVER..

So excited!!!!!!

I saw this in Damian appreciation but... The person who put this didn´t reveal his source... Maybe is one Detective Comis 1000 cover.
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-16-2019 at 02:24 AM.