Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And maybe you could write it off as some kind of maternal instinct that she knew what the gender was even if she didn't see the baby .
    I strongly dislike that particular trope. But I have never been and never will be able to test the theory myself...I should ask my mom, though.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I strongly dislike that particular trope. But I have never been and never will be able to test the theory myself...I should ask my mom, though.
    I didn't even know if that was a trope. You mean how expecting mothers seem to have a feeling what the gender of their child will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't even know if that was a trope. You mean how expecting mothers seem to have a feeling what the gender of their child will be?
    The trope of "mystical knowledge" of mothers. Like in August Rush, where the mom "mystically knows" stuff about her kid, even though she's never seen him. (I also hate the same type of trope with twins, where they feel things the other one is feeling, even when they're far away. Like getting shot.)

ANYHOO.

Steph and her kid should meet. This I believe!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

The trope of "mystical knowledge" of mothers. Like in August Rush, where the mom "mystically knows" stuff about her kid, even though she's never seen him. (I also hate the same type of trope with twins, where they feel things the other one is feeling, even when they're far away. Like getting shot.)

ANYHOO.

Steph and her kid should meet. This I believe!
    I dislike like that trope as well, but there have more than enough real life stories of twins having identical lives despite never once meeting each other. You can research it yourself, it's quite interesting.

Steph's kid died with the new 52 and I honestly don't want to see that child. I'd rather Steph become a regular first before we bring a new character relating to Steph in that kind of a way.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uchihafanboy View Post
    I dislike like that trope as well, but there have more than enough real life stories of twins having identical lives despite never once meeting each other. You can research it yourself, it's quite interesting.

Steph's kid died with the new 52 and I honestly don't want to see that child. I'd rather Steph become a regular first before we bring a new character relating to Steph in that kind of a way.
    Yes, I agree. Losing the kid was one element of the reboot that didn't bother me even though in so doing the depth of relationship between Steph and Tim is also reduced. But I'm okay with that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by uchihafanboy View Post

I mean, making the same or similar life choices is quite different than "when I get shot, they feel it." One I can understand, the other just frustrates me.

Yeah, Steph would need to be a regular with a writer doing a years-long run, so they could do follow through and not just drop the plotline if they wanted to bring back her baby.

Incredible Member

Very interesting blog from back in 2012, when I'd already left reading DC comics (to return in 2014 and Batman Eternal), and people still had some hope that Steph was still around.

Kinda sad that right now, you could almost say the same thing for the past year...Steph has shown up in cameos, but it's been rough.

Very interesting blog from back in 2012, when I'd already left reading DC comics (to return in 2014 and Batman Eternal), and people still had some hope that Steph was still around.

Kinda sad that right now, you could almost say the same thing for the past year...Steph has shown up in cameos, but it's been rough.

I just want some light to dispel all this darkness.

Same. Very same. There's always room in comics for hope - but it can take a long time.

Same. Very same. There's always room in comics for hope - but it can take a long time.
    With Didio in charge, I don't know how long it will take. And at YJ(cartoon) has Steph. I think she will play a very large role in the second half.

Well, all Steph fan eyes are on both the YJ cartoon (to see if Steph gets more of an appearance than she got in her two episodes of the first half of the season) and the YJ comic issue #5 to see how Bendis writes her.

I'm also very excited about Detective Comics #1000, since Fabok's spread includes her, and King is writing her in his own story.

The YJ cartoon has hope, I'm just waiting for the Tim Drake character development the creators keep talking about. But the YJ comic has me scared, after turning Jon Kent into well, garbage, ruining action and superman comics and I hate the fact Conner now has a child. I just don't know what to look forward to in YJ. Lest we forget Bendis speak. I don't even know if I will reach issue 5.

I am happy about that, but I want something more, like a solo or team book written by a good writer. But I must wait, I just don't want all me efforts to be in vain

I agree. The problem with her being tied up in YJ right now, especially with a writer as influential as Bendis, is that almost all other writers are going to say "I don't want to step on his toes" and won't use her (Tom King said that to me during Tynion's run - he said he didn't want to bother James to use "his" characters).

Steph (and I think most characters) require writers who really want to use her. We've had three: Dixon, Miller, and Tynion. As far as I can tell, we don't have one right now.

So we're going to be waiting for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    DC Universe's List of Batman's Vigilantes

I don't think DC has very competent staff. Why are Ollie, Roy, Deathstroke, Catwoman, Deadshot and Harley there?
    What is this? You know about this?

I can´t understand some people presence here.. Like the villains and the Arrows..