Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

It looks like it's part of the phone app game thingy.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Oh... I am dissapointed(This is no Steph return to the comics ).

I think that you are right in that..

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I agree. The problem with her being tied up in YJ right now, especially with a writer as influential as Bendis, is that almost all other writers are going to say "I don't want to step on his toes" and won't use her (Tom King said that to me during Tynion's run - he said he didn't want to bother James to use "his" characters).

Steph (and I think most characters) require writers who really want to use her. We've had three: Dixon, Miller, and Tynion. As far as I can tell, we don't have one right now.

So we're going to be waiting for a while.
    Damn, let's just see what Bendis does then.

I wouldn't say that, I think it's just some writers don't know how to write. I understand that if it's not writer that made them, they will always be taking a spin on them. But the least the could do is get the core of the character right

Quote Originally Posted by uchihafanboy View Post
    Damn, let's just see what Bendis does then.

I wouldn't say that, I think it's just some writers don't know how to write. I understand that if it's not writer that made them, they will always be taking a spin on them. But the least the could do is get the core of the character right
    I mean, I've looked at the longterm treatment of Steph when she does and doesn't have an advocate writer. During Dixon's tenure, she went from supporting one-off character to core cast member of Robin and strongly involved in many of his titles. Almost as soon as he left, she was cordoned off into the Robin title and Batman started telling her she shouldn't be a hero. Then War Games was planned, and she was pushed only to be killed off. Dixon came back, immediately brought her back, and had long-term plans for her, but then was fired again. Fabian Nicieza had plans, but they were terrible, involving Steph being incompetent and screwing things up really, really badly. Then BQM took over, and she became a really great solo character, with fun cameos in many titles, including the hottest title at the time, Batman Inc. But then the n52 basically pushed BQM out, first to the AU Smallville comic (where he wasn't even allowed to use an AU Steph), and Steph was deleted from existence for two and half years. Then came Tynion, who consistently wanted to include her. He didn't quite seem interested in a solo series for her, but he included her in the two Eternals and Detective, and she spun out into a few fun cameos, like Catwoman and Batgirl. But now that Tynion is gone from the Bat-books, Steph is gone as well.

So, to me at least, this indicates that for Steph to flourish, she really needs a writer who wants to include her in things, rather than just "oh, she's around." Most writers don't tend to use other writer's characters, preferring instead to create their own supporting cast. Very rarely, you'll get a Tynion, who is just a massive fan of some characters he didn't create, and enthusiastically includes them in his stuff.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Such a good friendship...

Hahahahaha.. What a shame that we can´t return to that era with Steph as batgirl..

Damian is the brother Steph never asked for, and Steph is the sister that Damian was taught that was beneath him.

So many great interactions.

Detective Comics 1000 Batfamily Portrait(excellent avatar too):

Batfamily Portrait.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    By rateix:

Attachment 80385
    FANART.. I think..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    FANART.. I think..
    Yup! From this excellent artist: http://rateix.tumblr.com/post/183716...ht-like-a-girl

I love how they gave Steph and Cass bat symbols!

Yup! From this excellent artist: http://rateix.tumblr.com/post/183716...ht-like-a-girl

Steph bat-symbol here is really big like Nightwing symbol.

I really don't care for Cass's suit but I love that they both have bat-symbols .

(So over the Burnside costume, but that's a whole 'nother thing).

I mean, I could comment about all of the characters, but I just wanted to highlight the cool stuff for Steph (and Cass) for the Steph thread! It's one of the best fan art pieces I've seen in a while.