Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    6 is way less than I thought itd be! It must have been like 3 months of her as robin! Such a short time.

I do kinda have a feeling that when they inevitably replace Damian as Robin in 5 or 6 years time that they will go for another female Robin. Just got a hunch in my gut!
    It was only three months. Both in and out of universe.

I don't see how they're going to replace Damian, since they refuse to let Tim age, because the only way I can see Damian replaced is if he grows into another role, and it would be dumb to age him to the same age as Tim.

Another female Robin would be nice, though. Especially if they let Steph mentor her too.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think it was just a good issue. It was collaborative storytelling at its best - picking up where another writer left off and setting the characters on a new road, giving readers a good time, with great art.
    I haven't really been following the story, I stopped reading when Kon had a kid. But yeah, it was nice, a lot better than what I was expecting

Never forget!

I'm so pleased that Steph gets all three of her names in today's issue!
    I think the editor missed it. Maybe it was supposed to be Spoiler, and the line where Tim says "spoiler," was supposed to be "Batgirl." That would have made more sense.

Either way, I was very happy with their parts in this issue.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I think the editor missed it. Maybe it was supposed to be Spoiler, and the line where Tim says "spoiler," was supposed to be "Batgirl." That would have made more sense.

Either way, I was very happy with their parts in this issue.
    No, I think Bendis was playing with Steph's taking what she saw in Brother Eye's alternate timeline, or the timeline that's been stolen from her by Dr. Manhattan. She's taken the identities of Batgirl and Robin for herself in this timeline, as part of her history (just as she sort of did in the original ones, especially with Robin), but at the end, when Tim tells her she was part of Young Justice/Teen Titans, it was as Spoiler (https://stephaniebrown.fandom.com/wi...itans_Vol_3_66)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    If they did redo her Robin career how would you change it MillerNumber1 since your the biggest Steph superfan!

I'd maybe try find a better spot to slot her in as Robin so the timeline is clearer. And id remove her dying and have her decide that Robin wasn't who she wanted to be herself. Plus i'd fix her relationship with Bruce so he doesnt appear like an arsehole not treating her very well to make Tim jealous.
    I don't think whitewashing Bruce's actions during that time period is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    I don't think whitewashing Bruce's actions during that time period is a good idea.
    I don't think retconning it is the same as whitewashing. Changing his decisions to actually good ones, instead of just saying "everything Bruce did back then was good" is something different - the latter is what happened with War Crimes, saying "Bruce was totally right, he tried to save Steph, it's all LESLIE's fault" - that's whitewashing, to me. The idea we're kicking around is more like trying to make the history fit with Bruce's character now.

Incredible Member

I don't see how they're going to replace Damian, since they refuse to let Tim age, because the only way I can see Damian replaced is if he grows into another role, and it would be dumb to age him to the same age as Tim.

Another female Robin would be nice, though. Especially if they let Steph mentor her too.
    Damian is on a dark path. We'll see how it goes when he's reunited with the now older Jon. Damian is almost a villain now, an al Ghul, maybe going to be the next Deathstroke even! There may be a job opening for a Robin soon enough.

Tim is changing his name soon (already has, from Red Robin to Robin, something I don't understand), so if he's not going to be Robin well, if they let Steph keep her trademark ribbing she can be Robin if she wants. If Barbara decides she'd rather step back and serve an Oracle function, Steph is ready to be Batgirl. The girl has so many career prospects ahead!

Easy to imagine Barbara retiring - she really pushes her implant too hard and it's fritzed out because of it. She may do more good behind the scenes. Also - her batarang usage is incompetent compared to Steph's, and Steph swung fearlessly around the city like a veritable Spider-Woman, not like a Barabara Gordon once in a while. I know who I'd want to have my back in a bad situation.

I think Barbara's detective skills are being emphasized in coming books (YOTV and/or Event Leviathan, I can't keep them straight or figure out how much they will overlap). This suggests Oracle-izing her maybe. If Rebirth includes introducing pre-Flashpoint versions, that would sure do it!

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Damian is on a dark path. We'll see how it goes when he's reunited with the now older Jon. Damian is almost a villain now, an al Ghul, maybe going to be the next Deathstroke even! There may be a job opening for a Robin soon enough.

Tim is changing his name soon (already has, from Red Robin to Robin, something I don't understand), so if he's not going to be Robin well, if they let Steph keep her trademark ribbing she can be Robin if she wants. If Barbara decides she'd rather step back and serve an Oracle function, Steph is ready to be Batgirl. The girl has so many career prospects ahead!

Easy to imagine Barbara retiring - she really pushes her implant too hard and it's fritzed out because of it. She may do more good behind the scenes. Also - her batarang usage is incompetent compared to Steph's, and Steph swung fearlessly around the city like a veritable Spider-Woman, not like a Barabara Gordon once in a while. I know who I'd want to have my back in a bad situation.

I think Barbara's detective skills are being emphasized in coming books (YOTV and/or Event Leviathan, I can't keep them straight or figure out how much they will overlap). This suggests Oracle-izing her maybe. If Rebirth includes introducing pre-Flashpoint versions, that would sure do it!
    No, I think Damian is on a path to heroism - it's a hard one, because of his family, but I admire the way he struggles, and has become stronger. I think he's gone through a dip in the road, with the new Teen Titans plot, but I'm hopeful that with Detective Comics and the change in the new Deathstroke issue today, that he'll make an upward swing.

Tim changing his name to Robin makes sense to me now, because he's just remembered his past as Robin. Steph has started to clear out her old space as Spoiler again, and while I'd love her to be in a League of Batgirls with Babs and Cass, I'm also okay with her being Spoiler, as long as she shows up more frequently than once a year.

I'm quite excited for Event Leviathan - I think Babs is a great detective, and I hope that Bendis gets her voice a bit better than Tom King (I love King, as everyone knows, but I don't really like his Babs voice). I would like to see her more in a mentor role, even if it's not for a League of Batgirls - she was really solid as a mentor to Cass in Tec, and a mentor to Steph in Batgirl of Burnside.

Really enjoyed Steph in Young Justice today.

It was great seeing Steph again. Loved how things played out with her and Tim.

I think Steph is fine as Spoiler, it's always been a good character. If anyone could benefit form stepping in as Batgirl, it would be Cass. Orphan/Black Bat just don't fit in my opinion.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I think Steph is fine as Spoiler, it's always been a good character. If anyone could benefit form stepping in as Batgirl, it would be Cass. Orphan/Black Bat just don't fit in my opinion.
    I mean, Steph is an amazing supporting character as Spoiler. Could she be a solo character? Yes, but I have never really seen it happen for her as Spoiler. I think most Steph fans want the kind of prominence and development being a solo character gives for Steph, and that's only happened as Robin or Batgirl.

As for Cass, I am hoping that Outsiders gives her a big boost.

Astonishing Member

I mean, Steph is an amazing supporting character as Spoiler. Could she be a solo character? Yes, but I have never really seen it happen for her as Spoiler. I think most Steph fans want the kind of prominence and development being a solo character gives for Steph, and that's only happened as Robin or Batgirl.

As for Cass, I am hoping that Outsiders gives her a big boost.
    Spoiler as a solo? If I'm not mistaken Spoiler has never been an official member of a team (sans the team in Detective Comics).

That's a pretty big problem for identities as Spoiler (and Orphan), these don't have the star power to be considered. So, many writers forgot them pretty fast.

I mean I don't expect Robin or Batgirl, but I would like an identity more connected to the Bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Spoiler as a solo? If I'm not mistaken Spoiler has never been an official member of a team (sans the team in Detective Comics).

That's a pretty big problem for identities as Spoiler (and Orphan), these don't have the star power to be considered. So, many writers forgot them pretty fast.

I mean I don't expect Robin or Batgirl, but I would like an identity more connected to the Bat.
    Yeah. Spoiler's been tangential to both YJ and TT, but never official. At the end of the Batgirl run, she starts to form her own network, but it's not official.

I would just like her to show up more, like this!

I need your opinion Miller.. They said that they will deal with Cluemaster..

So... We will see Steph in a few pages in the next issue?