Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Steph in heroes in crisis 9..

heroes in crisis 9.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

heroes in crisis 9.jpg
    The part of Spoiler isn't so understable by itself. Here is the context:

Last edited by Konja7; 05-29-2019 at 04:45 AM.

Astonishing Member

They always forgot her:

Last edited by Konja7; 05-29-2019 at 04:49 AM.

Incredible Member

Hmm. They're talking about Robins? Then it makes sense. They forgot she was a Robin. But of course they did. Almost no one even knows about her vision let alone what the truth is. I'll read this later to get the entire context.

On a different note: I'd love to see a Question/Spoiler team up. The Question seeks answers, and the Spoiler reveals them.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

It's so fun! I really liked the whole issue, but the interviews particularly were really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The part of Spoiler isn't so understable by itself.
    I love the way King did these - so clearly in each Robin's voice. Not just repeating the same words - each tailored to the speaker.

They always forgot her:

And I quite like the way Clay Mann drew her. I wish I'd known - I would have pestered him about it!

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Hmm. They're talking about Robins? Then it makes sense. They forgot she was a Robin. But of course they did. Almost no one even knows about her vision let alone what the truth is. I'll read this later to get the entire context.
    I think it's perfect. I think King really does get Steph, given her line here and in Tec 1000, even if I don't know why she didn't show up in Batman #71.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    On a different note: I'd love to see a Question/Spoiler team up. The Question seeks answers, and the Spoiler reveals them.
    Awesome. I hope someone sees it!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

That could be a really interesting comic in the right hands.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't like the Robins voice because it's like making a joke on how Robins are interpreted by the audience instead of taking on their actual trauma, especially with people who are sure of themselves like Dick, but I think Spoiler is on point. It can work as her character in and out of the story. As a Robin, she's often forgotten, as a character these days she's attached to Tim, as a Bat-family member in the story she's not part of the inner circle (4 Robins + Batgirl + Batwoman).

Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
    That could be a really interesting comic in the right hands.
    And with the right Question. When I pictured it, the image that came to me was Stephanie Brown and Renee Montoya.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't like the Robins voice because it's like making a joke on how Robins are interpreted by the audience instead of taking on their actual trauma, especially with people who are sure of themselves like Dick,
    You mean Ric?

but I think Spoiler is on point. It can work as her character in and out of the story. As a Robin, she's often forgotten, as a character these days she's attached to Tim, as a Bat-family member in the story she's not part of the inner circle (4 Robins + Batgirl + Batwoman).
    Yeah; the inner circle has shrunk.
    Rogue wears rouge.

heroes in crisis 9.jpg
    lol at Red Tornado's. Is King planning to remake his Vision comic with him?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I don't like the Robins voice because it's like making a joke on how Robins are interpreted by the audience instead of taking on their actual trauma, especially with people who are sure of themselves like Dick, but I think Spoiler is on point. It can work as her character in and out of the story. As a Robin, she's often forgotten, as a character these days she's attached to Tim, as a Bat-family member in the story she's not part of the inner circle (4 Robins + Batgirl + Batwoman).
    The whole timeline in which she was a Robin has been forgotten - that's no one's fault. She doesn't remember it either - she only saw a quick hologram of it.

In that story (that she doesn't remember), it's true that she was left out of the Former Robin Costume Display Case Memorial Exhibit, but (a) no one remembers that and (b) it was retconned that she hadn't died, and that version of Steph knew full well that she hadn't died. (Though perhaps was still pissed that the others, thinking she had died, didn't include her? That would be a fair reaction. I don't know that era well enough.)

But the meta-trauma is true - DC Editorial generally forgets her and Didio would probably prefer her dead than alive.

She's made more cameos in the past month than we are used to seeing, so that bodes well.

She was just too cheerful and optimistic, and I presume didn't make the New 52 cut because of it. With Barbara they could design a grim book about someone wounded by and fighting to overcome a dark trauma. That isn't remotely where Steph was at when she was Batgirl.

And NO - on the other end of things, just because Batgirl of Burnside was "light" doesn't mean it should have been Steph in that role. I hate when people say that. Don't get me started. Better writers than I could write a treatise over that infuriating suggestion. That was also nothing like Steph.

Reviewers have complained that Orphan didn't speak at all in her HiC interview, but I guess that's a reasonable choice if you sample a given 10 seconds of Cass. But it's true she could have at least said something haltingly, and that would have been more creative. Either way, what's worse than the Meoww from Catwoman? Well, Tom King wrote it, and he wrote the wedding thing, so he must have built up in his mind a real good reason to put that "dialog" into her mouth. It would be just one more of HiC that no one will ever be able to wrap their heads around.

spoilers:
    Maybe we can all get a clone of a comic book from the future, bring it back and replace Heroes in Crisis with that one!
    end of spoilers

I can't decide whether it's worth it to Google the 25% of characters in Heroes in Crisis that I don't know anything about, or if it's better to just let Heroes in Crisis fade away.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

You mean Ric?
    Shut up XD

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    lol at Red Tornado's. Is King planning to remake his Vision comic with him?
    Oh gosh, I didn't notice that one. That's good.
    I still stand by my point that the heroes who have trauma should talk about in story trauma though. I just don't know anything about Red Tornado.

Astonishing Member

In Batman #72, there is a long-haired blonde woman facing many villains (we can't see her face). Do you think she is Stephanie?

I mean she wasn't picking the cellphone the previous issue.

Incredible Member

In Batman #72, there is a long-haired blonde woman facing many villains (we can't see her face). Do you think she is Stephanie?

I mean she wasn't picking the cellphone the previous issue.
    I haven't read it yet but in the second panel the narrator says "Even this... Holly Robinson." Could be her.