Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

I mean, Didio has shown his spite towards Cassandra too, but she has recovered her time as Batgirl this time.
    WHAT? I didn´t know that... You are talking about OUTSIDERS or about Harley&Birds of Prey?

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Is it that they want Cass to be Batgirl for 5 years - G3 years 7-11 - and then Barbara? Cass's solo title alone did run 6 years, until 2006, and the character continued to exist through 2009. (Or did she? She was with the League of Assassins in One Year Later - when was she reinstated as Batgirl?)

But so much is missing - are they suggesting Steph was Robin for 5 years, years 9-13, until Damian debuts in year 14? That seems unlikely.
    Now I understand it... I heard something about DC adding one Chronology about some events..

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    WHAT? I didn´t know that... You are talking about OUTSIDERS or about Harley&Birds of Prey?

Now I understand it... I heard something about DC adding one Chronology about some events..
    All of our conversation has been about the blurry timeline that DC showed at NYCC this weekend.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    All of our conversation has been about the blurry timeline that DC showed at NYCC this weekend.
    I watched the topic that talks about it here to understand it...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...vealed-at-NYCC

She is mentioned as ROBIN but as you said here they ignored her batgirl run..

What are these xxx?

Things that were erased from the timeline? Like Stephanie Batgirl.... There is one xxx above barbara return as batgirl..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-08-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I watched the topic that talks about it here...

She is mentioned as ROBIN but as you said here they ignored her batgirl run..

What are these xxx?

Things that were erased from the timeline? Like Stephanie Batgirl.... There is one xxx above barbara return as batgirl..
    No. xxx are the parts the fans can't read.

Let me explain, we don't have clear charts (except for Gen 4), because the words in the chart are pretty small. So, some fans have been trying to decipher what it says.

xxx are the parts they can't decipher or understand yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    No. xxx are the parts the fans can't read.

Let me explain, we don't have clear charts (except for Gen 4), because the words in the chart are pretty small. So, some fans have been trying to decipher what it says.

xxx are the parts they can't decipher or understand yet.
    OK. I saw the FIRST IMAGE IN THAT TOPIC and I understand what are you talking about... Is not easy decipher that.

I can make some educated guess about some of them.

Overall, it does seem odd that the Batman portion of the timeline is taking some liberties that the other parts aren't. In particular, Hush and Barbara's return to Batgirl status have both been shifted earlier in the timeline. Nearly everything else I see is more or less in line with actual publication history, at least in terms of sequence of events. The only other exception I see is the now-ubiquitous shift of the Superman and Batman debuts to the start of the Silver Age.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

How old was Steph when she's first introduced? Both Post Crisis and New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Steph has generally been seen as about 1/1.5 years older than Tim. In Batgirl, she was 19 (per BQM's interviews), while Tim was 17, but she's not usually been written as a full two years, thus my 1.5 year guess. Tim met her when he was likely 13-14 in the Robin title, meaning she was likely 14-15. She was at minimum 16 when she was Robin, since she had her learner's permit to drive.

In Batman Eternal, she's said to be 17 years old when Catwoman is searching for her. Since Tim has remained 16 since the start of the n52 all the way through Rebirth, I'm guessing Steph is also still 17.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Amazing Member

Pre-Flashpoint Tim became Robin at the age of 13 in 1989. Steph debuted in 1992 and mis a year older than Tim. Considering that time flows much slower in comics(like, Tim is only 18 or 17 in Red Robin run in 2011), I assume Steph was approximately 14 to 15 in her first appearance. After all she just started college at the beginning of her Batgirl run in 2009, when she was like 18 or 19. And in New 52? I dunno.

In the first issue or the Robin title, Tim got a car. Granted, he had a special exemption from the usual age requirement for getting a driver's license on account of his dad being in a wheelchair so he was younger than 16 at the time; but I'd say not by much: I'd peg him as being 15 at the start of his series; and his series was already ongoing when he met Stephanie.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    In the first issue or the Robin title, Tim got a car. Granted, he had a special exemption from the usual age requirement for getting a driver's license on account of his dad being in a wheelchair so he was younger than 16 at the time; but I'd say not by much: I'd peg him as being 15 at the start of his series; and his series was already ongoing when he met Stephanie.
    I hold by my 14 statement. That gives a year for all the stuff between Robin #1 and the 50s, when Steph gets pregnant at 16.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

That all sounds about right.

Also, I found this funny list by Tzigone about how Crystal Brown doesn't have a consistent look. Which one's your favorite?

Also, I found this funny list by Tzigone about how Crystal Brown doesn't have a consistent look. Which one's your favorite?
    I guess it goes to show how much artists cared about visual consistency for a supporting character .

I have to go with her Batgirl look, because that was her at her best for herself and for Steph.

Amazing Member

I remember Crystal's name was not even Crystal at first. It was like Agnes or something, changed into Crystal later.