Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152 LastLast

I think next issue will maybe have a few more texts; but with Kon having just been sent into another alternate universe, the closest thing we'll get to more about Stephanie will be Tim having to choose between going after Kon or finding out what's going on with Stephanie.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I think next issue will maybe have a few more texts; but with Kon having just been sent into another alternate universe, the closest thing we'll get to more about Stephanie will be Tim having to choose between going after Kon or finding out what's going on with Stephanie.
    Yeah, that's kinda my instinct, too. I'm bummed. I mean, I like that we're getting a Kon focus (though I wish we could get Viktor Bogdanovich back for his scenes, like in the first arc), but Steph's my gal.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

It seems DC will treat Stephanie as Robin:

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/1...ans-partner-in

100-Page Super Specacular Celebrates 80 Years of Robin, Batman's Partner in Crimefighting

Since the character’s introduction in April 1940’s Detective Comics #38, Robin has become an icon to millions of comic book fans, establishing the “sidekick” as a permanent part of comic book lore. Since a young Dick Grayson donned the distinctive yellow cape and domino mask, many have taken on the mantle of Robin, joining The Batman in his war on crime, while also growing into their own and taking on new adventures, both solo and as part of other super-teams like the Teen Titans, the Justice League and others.

On March 11, 2020, DC celebrates Robin’s 80th anniversary with a landmark one shot, Robin 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular. This instant collectible includes stories from of comics’ greatest Robin writers, paying tribute to the character in various guises, including Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown and Damian Wayne. The Talent list for these stories reads like a who’s-who list of comic luminaries, such as Marv Wolfman, Tom Grummett, Chuck Dixon, Scott McDaniel, Devin Grayson, Dan Jurgens, Norm Rapmund, Tim Seeley, Tom King and Mikel Janin, James Tynion IV, Peter J. Tomasi, Judd Winick and others.

In addition to a dynamic cover by Lee Weeks, hardcore fans and collectors can also look forward to eight variant covers spotlighting Robin throughout the decades, drawn by some of comics’ premiere artists:

1940’s variant cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams
    1950’s variant cover by Julian Totino Tedesco
    1960’s variant cover by Dustin Nguyen
    1970’s variant cover by Kaare Andrews
    1980’s variant cover by Frank Miller
    1990’s variant cover by Jim Cheung
    2000’s variant cover by Derrick Chew
    2010’s variant cover by Yasmine Putri

An equally impressive collection of artistic talent will honor Robin in a series of tribute images celebrating different incarnations of the character such as Kenneth Rocafort, Nicola Scott, Andy Kubert and Frank Miller.

The Robin 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 is a prestige format comic book retailing for $9.99 and available at local comic retailers and digital retailers on March 11, 2020. Please consult your local comic book store for more information regarding the decade variant covers.

PS: Hopefully, a variant is for Stephanie.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It seems DC will treat Stephanie as Robin:

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/1...ans-partner-in

100-Page Super Specacular Celebrates 80 Years of Robin, Batman's Partner in Crimefighting

Since the character’s introduction in April 1940’s Detective Comics #38, Robin has become an icon to millions of comic book fans, establishing the “sidekick” as a permanent part of comic book lore. Since a young Dick Grayson donned the distinctive yellow cape and domino mask, many have taken on the mantle of Robin, joining The Batman in his war on crime, while also growing into their own and taking on new adventures, both solo and as part of other super-teams like the Teen Titans, the Justice League and others.

On March 11, 2020, DC celebrates Robin’s 80th anniversary with a landmark one shot, Robin 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular. This instant collectible includes stories from of comics’ greatest Robin writers, paying tribute to the character in various guises, including Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown and Damian Wayne. The Talent list for these stories reads like a who’s-who list of comic luminaries, such as Marv Wolfman, Tom Grummett, Chuck Dixon, Scott McDaniel, Devin Grayson, Dan Jurgens, Norm Rapmund, Tim Seeley, Tom King and Mikel Janin, James Tynion IV, Peter J. Tomasi, Judd Winick and others.

In addition to a dynamic cover by Lee Weeks, hardcore fans and collectors can also look forward to eight variant covers spotlighting Robin throughout the decades, drawn by some of comics’ premiere artists:

1940’s variant cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams
    1950’s variant cover by Julian Totino Tedesco
    1960’s variant cover by Dustin Nguyen
    1970’s variant cover by Kaare Andrews
    1980’s variant cover by Frank Miller
    1990’s variant cover by Jim Cheung
    2000’s variant cover by Derrick Chew
    2010’s variant cover by Yasmine Putri

An equally impressive collection of artistic talent will honor Robin in a series of tribute images celebrating different incarnations of the character such as Kenneth Rocafort, Nicola Scott, Andy Kubert and Frank Miller.

The Robin 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 is a prestige format comic book retailing for $9.99 and available at local comic retailers and digital retailers on March 11, 2020. Please consult your local comic book store for more information regarding the decade variant covers.

PS: Hopefully, a variant is for Stephanie.
    It's nice to see Steph included. I'm excited to see Dixon, King, and Tynion - hopefully one of them will include Steph! A variant cover would also be pretty great - though the Lee Weeks cover is gorgeous. I'll definitely be keeping a close eye out for more news on this one!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

2000 one then.
    1980 is Jason, 90 is Tim, 2010 is Damian

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    2000 one then.
    1980 is Jason, 90 is Tim, 2010 is Damian
    We'll have to see if she gets any variant love. Derrick Chew hasn't seemed to include Steph in previous variants that I've seen, and I have no idea how much editorial instructs the decades artists on what they draw. I wouldn't mind if we got to see her on a group shot.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Now that you mention it, while Frank Miller defined Jason's case, he's not really connected to Jason, he's more defined by Carrie Kelley, and while Yasmine Putri drew all of them, she mostly drew Dick and Jason as their variant artist.

The other time that Stephanie was Robin.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Now that you mention it, while Frank Miller defined Jason's case, he's not really connected to Jason, he's more defined by Carrie Kelley, and while Yasmine Putri drew all of them, she mostly drew Dick and Jason as their variant artist.
    I'm 100% betting that Miller's gonna do Carrie.

I own that! It's really fun, if way too short. And that cover is so distinctively Ramos.

Yeah; that was right at the beginning of Jon Lewis' run; in fact, it was the first full issue that he wrote. I liked the fact that his run was essentially “the Tim and Stephanie show”, with Stephanie being the focus of the stories as much as Tim was.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Yeah; that was right at the beginning of Jon Lewis' run; in fact, it was the first full issue that he wrote. I liked the fact that his run was essentially “the Tim and Stephanie show”, with Stephanie being the focus of the stories as much as Tim was.
    The Lewis run had really cute art by Rebecca Woods, largely. It's beloved by a lot of longtime Tim and Steph fans. I've read through it, and it has some good relationship and character stuff (including the famous "It's eggplant, not purple" conversation), but the plotting is REALLY weird.

Yep. Still, I'd take the weird plots of Lewis' run over the catastrophe that was Willingham's run — though I've changed my tune about Willingham after learning that what happened to Stephanie and Jack on his watch wasn't his call; but the handfull of issues when Stephanie became Robin was his doing, as a way of trying to compensate for what was about to happen to her.
    Rogue wears rouge.

I like this STEPH ROBIN COVER

Yep. Still, I'd take the weird plots of Lewis' run over the catastrophe that was Willingham's run — though I've changed my tune about Willingham after learning that what happened to Stephanie and Jack on his watch wasn't his call; but the handfull of issues when Stephanie became Robin was his doing, as a way of trying to compensate for what was about to happen to her.
    Willingham is a curious case. The Steph fandom of the 2000s HATED him - especially my predecessor creator of the Steph wikia, who had a very unfortunate run in with him at at least one, if not several, conventions. I've listened to a lot of interviews with him, though, and I think that while some of the stuff he wrote for Steph, particularly the torture scenes, was pretty gross, I don't think he made the call to kill Steph, and he wanted to keep her around after fans loved her as Robin. It's all very messy. Nobody seems to want to take credit for killing Steph off, except possibly Andersen Gabrych and Bob Harras (even Didio says "the decision was made before I got there" - to which I say...you could have changed it, you coward!)

Ha, yeah, an AU where Young Justice as we know it never formed because Cassie, Tim, Kon and Bart never met.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman