Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
Indeed, it will make a great storyline (which is why I'm using the idea in my own story). I picked a revived Spidercide rather than the original Jackal to be the catalyst, but the premise works either way.

I find the entire question of when does justice become vengeance along with the corrosive nature of hatred, justified or not, endlessly fascinating. Ben's character is currently in a unique place among the Spiders where such darker topics can be freely explored. A pity Marvel seems to be squandering such a golden opportunity.
Hmm, Spidercide definitely makes sense, at least as a shadow archetype/evil counterpart for Ben (and Kaine), representing the worst of what they could have (or did) become. Given the original Jackal's plans to create a Spidercide 2.0 in Chris Yost's Scarlet Spider/Superior Spider-Man crossover arc, something that was sadly not capitalized on before the title(s) ended . . . Yes, definitely a squandered opportunity, though one I'm hoping doesn't remain such for too long.