Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
I wanted to bump this with an updated list of Reilly appearances for Scarlet Spider collectors:

* The Complete Clone Saga Epic Books 1-5
* The Complete Ben Reilly Epic Books 1-6
* Scarlet Spider (Kaine) Books 3 & 4
* Spiderverse (Spiderverse Vol 3/#9, Scarlet Spiders 1-3)
* Dead No More: The Clone Conspiracy
* Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider books 1-5
* Spidergeddon

New Idea for Ben Series

I also think Ben needs a new angle, now that the clone Vegas/fake jackal stuff is over with I'd like him to star in a traveling series where he travels around the U.S. (and Canada) to find himself, while fighting crime. I figure that since most everyone seems to agree that the "real" Ben has been dead since the 1990's, and recently has been through a boatload of traumatic events that he has a lot to reflect on. I'd also like to see appearances from past Scarlet Spider characters from the 90's as well as villains.

What I don't want, I don't want Ben being hassled or harassed or manipulated by super omnipotent god-beings (i.e. Death, Mephisto). I don't want to read about Ben Reilly catching up on his life and experiences up to his death at the hands of Norman Osborne when suddenly Galactus appears and decides to make Ben a herald or else he blows up the earth. I don't want Ben and Kaine to be a constant recurring issue in every volume, yes I realize that when they last left off (as far as Scarlet Spider #5 goes) Ben tried killing Kaine, and even aside from that they still have a lot of patching up to do and while it should be referenced and brought up at a good interval in the story, it absolutely should not take precedence over Ben's sojourn.

All in all I think that the climax of the series could culminate in Ben realizing that he can still be his own character and a crime fighter without having to worry about being in Peter's shadow, and can resolve to either get revenge on Osborne or merely confront him (it was Norman who originally killed him after all). Others' ideas of course are welcomed and encouraged
I like that idea. I like it a lot. While my personal ideal is for Ben and Kaine to patch things up and basically be a spider-powered version of the Winchester brothers from Supernatural, I can understand you wanting to put some distance between them. It could be something like what happened with Peter and Otto at the end of Go Down Swinging and Spider-Geddon, where they recognize that they've both changed a lot and agree to stay out of each other's way as long as they're serious about changing for the better and making a fresh start. After all, they've both defined themselves vis-à-vis each other for so long, it's time they figured out who they were on their own.