Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Ha, great suggestions bro! Yeah, I'm curious about the Daily Grind as well. What happened to the owner and her son (sorry, their names escape me at the moment)? Kid has to be in college by now. As has been mentioned before, it would be cool to see Ben's cast team up with Kaine's (there were a lot of unanswered questions when Kaine left Houston).

I also like the idea of coming to terms with the "Clone Conspiracy." As someone who has been reset and back to his saner self, Ben would feel tremendous guilt over his role in Clone Conspiracy. Granted, one could argue that he wasn't in the right frame of mind, but Ben being a Parker, he'd still feel that guilt. I like that idea actually, Ben atoning for being the Jackal. Gives him a new motivation and goal.
    Thanks. As far as I can recall from my somewhat faded memory of Sensational Spider-Man #0, the mother and son who ran The Daily Grind were named Shirley and Devon. And yes, having Kaine's supporting cast return (especially Aracely, who I recall was the center of a prophecy concerning the rise of Mictlan, the Aztec underworld) would be great, too. Hell, I could see Mictlan making Ben its champion in the same way Aracely (as the reincarnation of the Aztec sun/war deity Huitzilopochtli) made Kaine her champion, but to punish him for tampering in the domain of life and death as the Jackal.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    I’ve suggested in the past (and have seen others suggest) an on-the-road comic for Ben, ideally with Kaine along for some cross-country bonding/comedy. Going from town to town looking for atonement for Clone Conspiracy fallout would be a good start but it should quickly evolve into a more dyer mission: cloned bodies have started to mutate, creating powered people and monsters.

I’ve also proposed that coming across another of Warren’s labs could result in finding another Peter clone who has no memories and very little intelligence. This would make for a hilarious comic relief addition to the road trip.

Just imagine a monster-of-the-week-Supernatural-type series. Have them in an old mustang with leather-jacket-wearing-bad-attitude Kaine driving, hoodie-wearing optimistic Ben navigating, and track-suit-wearing dumb-as-a-post new clone in the back.

Also, have a shadowy mystery villain ever-watching/manipulating the Scarlet Bros. This could be Spidercide. A series where the entire cast is the same person!
    That would be a great idea. Would the new clone bear any resemblance to Castiel in terms of his naivete about humanity and inexperience when it comes to the ways of the world, if we're gonna go ahead with the Supernatural references? As for driving/riding around the country in an old Mustang, that would be cool, but I'm personally more a fan of Ben and Kaine on motorcycles (as it lessens the chance of being called a straight ripoff of Supernatural). Also, while the main plot could be about addressing the fallout and unintended consequences from The Clone Conspiracy, the side plots could focus more on the Scarlet Brothers making peace with the other ghosts of their pasts, like Kaine finally making peace with Jacob Raven, the partner of Louise Kennedy, who was Kaine's lover before he discovered she was a dirty cop manipulating him, or Ben visiting Elizabeth Tyne/Janine Godbe (whether she's still in prison or not). If supernatural elements had to enter the picture, finally dealing with the prophecy of Mictlan rising as per Aracely's existence as a reincarnated Aztec god would be a great place to start, and it could even cause Mistress Death to step in on Ben's side of things.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

I have to admit, I’ve never actually seen Supernatural but from my friend’s description it seemed like the most apt comparison. Or a Scooby Doo. Haha.

That said, I don’t know who Castiel is but I believe any show can benefit from a dim witted individual. They bring comedy, great reactions from other characters, and unintentionally fumble the plot forward.

The series could definitely revisit some old plot threads from Ben and Kaine’s past. So much potential.

I have to admit, I’ve never actually seen Supernatural but from my friend’s description it seemed like the most apt comparison. Or a Scooby Doo. Haha.

That said, I don’t know who Castiel is but I believe any show can benefit from a dim witted individual. They bring comedy, great reactions from other characters, and unintentionally fumble the plot forward.

The series could definitely revisit some old plot threads from Ben and Kaine’s past. So much potential.
    To make a long story short, Castiel is an angel who saves Dean Winchester from Hell and later saves him from Heaven when the angels in charge turn out to be douchebags deliberately egging on an apocalypse so they can reshape Earth into something more to their liking. Thus, Castiel gets adopted into the Winchester family and a lot of comedy is made from how for all his incredible power as an angel of the Lord, he is severely lacking in earthly experience and knowledge.

I could see something similar happening with the new Spider-Clone adopted by Ben and Kaine; incredibly powerful, but also incredibly naïve and needing guidance as he navigates and learns about the world for the first time.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 02-24-2019 at 04:36 PM.

scarlet bros.jpg

I couldn't help but mock up an image of what my proposed series could look like. I did the boys in Phil Bourassa's style (character designer for Young Justice and many DC animated films). I even sent the image and the following pitch to the Spidey office at Marvel. I'm sure nothing will come of it, but it was fun. Enjoy!

Hi!

I love what you’re all doing with Spidey books these days and I had a quick pitch for a series. Thanks in advance for checking it out. (2min read)

Scarlet Bros

The clones of Peter Parker hit the road in this exciting new series!

Full of twists, turns, detours, and mix tapes, follow the former Scarlet Spiders as they crisscross the country looking to help people whose lives were changed forever after they awoke in (possibly degenerating) cloned bodies during the events of the Clone Conspiracy.

Kaine is broody as ever, dawning a leather jacket and shades. He has reluctantly agreed to this mission as long as he gets to do the driving. He loves his new vintage Dodge Charger (in scarlet red, of course) and values its safety much higher than that of his brother, Ben’s.

Ben Reilly has been through some heavy stuff lately but his final resurrection has reset him to the optimistic and responsible hero we’ve missed for so long. He’s convinced his brother Kaine to embark on this clone-itarian (humanitarian) mission of atonement (and hunt for the best road stop breakfast in the country). While he has hung up the tights, he still loves a good sleeveless hoodie and gladly navigates and attempts to DJ the trip.

Not long after they begin, they stumble upon one of Miles Warren’s old labs and discover yet another clone of Peter Parker in stasis. They wake him to find he has no memories and a... less than average intelligence. Tossing him in a red track suit and calling him Dick (after Peter’s father, Richard), the scarlet bros now have some back seat comic relief.

Little do they know, stupid Dicks and degenerating bodies may be the least of their worries as it soon becomes evident that the cloned civilians are mutating into metahumans and even monsters. Kaine blames Ben but Ben knows something more is going on here. A mystery villain must be manipulating the clones and them; a person that is always one step ahead of them.

Obviously suspecting Miles Warren, it is eventually revealed to be Spidercide. And what’s more, he has planted Dick as a sleeper agent and unknowing spy. It’s a series where the entire cast is “one person.”

This series should be a monster-of-the-week-Supernatural-type show with comedy and odd-couple brotherly squabbling and bonding.

I’d also be very open to the idea of introducing age and gender clone variants. I think Bendis did a great job with that in the Ultimate Clone Saga.

That’s it. It’s a familiar premise but a lot different than all the other Spider books out there.

Let me know what you think!

Spectacular Member

Honestly, I would make dick Kaine’s clone from sibling rivalry who has additional mutant powers but is trapped as a kid. That way Kaine has to learn to be a dad while Ben tries to be a great uncle on the road. Spidercide was never a good villain, so I would set him up to be more of a tragic villain instead. For example, after the events of clone saga he received amnesia which allowed him to have Peter’s perfect family life, but his children develop defects due to his clone body which later on forces him to become more like the person he used to be. Also instead of mutating clones, I would go for more of a clone hunter.
    P.S. if you want to get Marvel’s attention, don’t post story ideas in public forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sectal View Post
    Honestly, I would make dick Kaine’s clone from sibling rivalry who has additional mutant powers but is trapped as a kid. That way Kaine has to learn to be a dad while Ben tries to be a great uncle on the road. Spidercide was never a good villain, so I would set him up to be more of a tragic villain instead. For example, after the events of clone saga he received amnesia which allowed him to have Peter’s perfect family life, but his children develop defects due to his clone body which later on forces him to become more like the person he used to be. Also instead of mutating clones, I would go for more of a clone hunter.
    P.S. if you want to get Marvel’s attention, don’t post story ideas in public forums
    Cool ideas! I was thinking that making the third clone a kid would be interesting. Raising yourself intrigues me. I still like dumb clone for the dynamics. Maybe child could be introduced later.
    I really like your Spidercide idea with his family life.

I know Marvel will never got for a fanboy write-in idea. I just thought it would be fun to share it with them.

@ Obsidian Spider -

Very nice work my friend. With your talent (both artistic and storytelling), you should be part of the industry.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

@Celgress

Thanks, man. That means a lot coming from you!

@Celgress

Thanks, man. That means a lot coming from you!
    You're welcome and your work more than deserves any praise I can shower upon it.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I do like those ideas, Obsidian Spider. Sectal, I also like your ideas for tying back to the Sibling Rivalry arc in Chris Yost's Scarlet Spider/Superior Spider-Man Team-Up and even making Spidercide a more tragic figure. Definitely worth pursuing.

Obsidian Spider.jpg

Got the drawing bug and decided to update my profile picture. I figure since this thread deals with Spider clones it might be ok to post my guy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Collected Editions

The Original 70's Clone Saga
    * Spider-Man: The Original Clone Saga (Collects Spider-Man #139-150, Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #25-31, #149, #162-163 and Annual #8)

The 90's Clone Saga
    * Spider-Man: The Complete Clone Saga Epic, Book 1 (Collects Amazing Spider-Man #394, Spectacular Spider-Man #217, Spider-Man #51-53, Spider-Man Unlimited #7, Web of Spider-Man #117-119, Spider-Man: The Lost Years #1-3)
    * Spider-Man: The Complete Clone Saga Epic, Book 2 (Collects Amazing Spider-Man #395-399, Spectacular Spider-Man #218-221, Spider-Man #54-56, Spider-Man Unlimited #8, Web of Spider-Man #120-122, Spider-Man: Funeral for an Octopus #1-3)
    * Spider-Man: The Complete Clone Saga Epic, Book 3 (Collects Amazing Spider-Man #400-401, Super Special, Spectacular Spider-Man #222-224, Super Special, Spider-Man #57-58, Super Special, Spider-Man Unlimited #9, Web of Spider-Man #123-124, Super Special, Spider-Man: The Clone Journal, Venom Super Special)
    * Spider-Man: The Complete Clone Saga Epic, Book 4 (Collects Amazing Spider-Man #402-404, Spectacular Spider-Man #225-227, Spider-Man #59-61, Web of Spider-Man #125-127, New Warriors #61, Spider-Man: The Jackal Files, Spider-Man: Maximum Clonage Alpha, Omega)
    * Spider-Man: The Complete Clone Saga Epic, Book 5 (Collects Amazing Spider-Man Super Special; Spider-Man Super Special; Venom Super Special, Spectacular Spider-Man Super Special, Web of Spider-Man Super Special, New Warriors #62, Web of Spider-Man #128-129, Amazing Spider-Man #405-406, Spider-Man #62-63, Spider-Man Unlimited #10, Spectacular Spider-Man #228-229, Spider-Man Team-Up #1)

Ben Reilly as Spider-Man
    * Spider-Man: The Complete Ben Reilly Epic Book 1 (Collects Spider-Man: The Parker Years; New Warriors #65-66; Scarlet Spider Unlimited #1; Web of Scarlet Spider #1-2; Amazing Scarlet Spider #1-2; Scarlet Spider #1-2; Spectacular Scarlet Spider #1-2; Green Goblin #3; and Sensational Spider-Man #0 and Mini-Comic)
    * Spider-Man: The Complete Ben Reilly Epic Book 2 (Collects Amazing Spider-Man #407-408; New Warriors #67; Sensational Spider-Man #1; Spectacular Spider-Man #230; Spider-Man #64-65; Spider-Man/Punisher: Family Plot #1-2; Web of Scarlet Spider #3-4, and material from Spider-Man Holiday Special and Venom: Along Came a Spider #1-4)
    * Spider-Man: The Complete Ben Reilly Epic Book 3 (Collects Amazing Spider-Man #409-410; Sensational Spider-Man #2-3; Spectacular Spider-Man #231-233; Spider-Man #66-67; Spider-Man: The Final Adventure #1-4; Spider-Man Team-Up #2; Spider-Man Unlimited #11)
    * Spider-Man: The Complete Ben Reilly Epic Book 4 (Collects Amazing Spider-Man #411-413; Daredevil #354; Sensational Spider-Man #4-6; Spectacular Spider-Man #234; Spider-Man #68-70; Spider-Man: Redemption #1-4; Spider-Man Unlimited #12, Spider-Man Team-Up #3)
    * Spider-Man: The Complete Ben Reilly Epic Book 5 (Collects Amazing Spider-Man #414-416, material from Annual '96; Sensational Spider-Man #7-10; Spectacular Spider-Man #235-239; Spider-Man #71-72; Spider-Man Team-Up #4; Spider-Man Unlimited #13)
    * Spider-Man: The Complete Ben Reilly Epic Book 6 (Collects Amazing Spider-Man #417-418; Sensational Spider-Man #11; Spectacular Spider-Man #240-241; Spider-Man #73-75; Spider-Man Team-Up #5; Spider-Man Unlimited #14; Spider-Man: Revelations Extra Pages; Spider-Man: The Osborn Journal #1; 101 ways to end the Clone Saga #1; Spider-Man: Dead Man's Hand #1)

Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
    * Scarlet Spider Vol. 4: Into the Grave (Collects Scarlet Spider #21-25)

Dead No More; The Clone Conspiracy
    * Spider-Man: The Clone Conspiracy (Collects Amazing Spider-Man 19-24; The Clone Conspiracy 1-5; The Clone Conspiracy: Omega; Silk 14-17; Prowler 1-5; Material from Free Comic Book Day 2016 (Captain America) 1)

Ben Reilly as Scarlet Spider
    * Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider Vol. 1: Back in the Hood (Collects Scarlet Spider #1-6)
    * Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider Vol. 2: Death's Sting (Collects Scarlet Spider #7-10)
    * Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider Vol. 3: Slingers Return (Collects Scarlet Spider #11-14)
    * Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider Vol. 4: Damnation (Collects Scarlet Spider #15-20)
    * Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider Vol. 5: Deal with the Devil (Collects Scarlet Spider #21-25)

Team Event(s)
    *Spider-Verse (Appearances; Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 3 #9, Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 3 #10, Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 3 #11, Spider-Verse Vol. 1, Spider-Verse Team up Vol. 1, Scarlet Spider Vol. 1, Scarlet Spiders Vol. 2, Scarlet Spiders Vol. 3,
    * Spiddergeddon!

Aside from Spider-Verse (I haven't gotten to Spidergeddon yet), I haven't really read any Ben Reilly material.....What would be the best book to read starring him? Would it be the first Complete Ben Reilly Epic Book? I've noticed a lot of negative comments about Peter David's run, so I know to avoid that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Aside from Spider-Verse (I haven't gotten to Spidergeddon yet), I haven't really read any Ben Reilly material.....What would be the best book to read starring him? Would it be the first Complete Ben Reilly Epic Book? I've noticed a lot of negative comments about Peter David's run, so I know to avoid that one.
    It would be the first Complete Clone Saga Epic, I would think, as that gets the ball rolling on Ben as a character.

Spectacular Member

Well, I wanted to post an idea and see what would you all consider about it, a new Jackal who was created from the DNA of Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy, with implanted memories of a false life where he grew with his parents, completely insane who wants his "father" Peter to recognise him as his son, and wants to kill Norman Osborn and his entire family, perhaps him hunting down both Sarah and Gabriel Stacy, with all of Peter's powers and as smart as both his parents.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    Well, I wanted to post an idea and see what would you all consider about it, a new Jackal who was created from the DNA of Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy, with implanted memories of a false life where he grew with his parents, completely insane who wants his "father" Peter to recognise him as his son, and wants to kill Norman Osborn and his entire family, perhaps him hunting down both Sarah and Gabriel Stacy, with all of Peter's powers and as smart as both his parents.
    Honestly, I feel like that would give you another sins of the past problem in the sense that no one really wants to deal with more Gwen kids turning evil. From a business perspective that could damage the brand. Plus no one wants to ever hear from Sarah and Gabriel ever again to the point that they probably have been retconned out of existence since secret wars