Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I would like to see ultimate Jessica Drew again. She was a great character that had a better mentoring relationship with Miles them current 616 Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Sectal View Post
    I would like to see ultimate Jessica Drew again. She was a great character.....
    I agree with you on both points. I sure wish she'd return in some fashion.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-10-2019 at 03:04 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I would like to see ultimate Jessica Drew again. She was a great character that had a better mentoring relationship with Miles them current 616 Peter Parker.
    Cosigned as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

During the original Spider-Verse, we had a team-up between 616's Kaine, 1610's Jessica Drew and an alternative Ben Reilly. It would be fun if 616's Ben has a similar aventure with other Spider-Clones. I wonder what he would think after seeing a female version of himself: "Holy ****! Not even the Jackal was so insane!".

Spectacular Member

I would actually like it if ultimate Jessica drew moved to the 616 universe and take the role of spider-woman from 616 Jessica. Specially since having her there would give her more time to bond with her “brothers.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    During the original Spider-Verse, we had a team-up between 616's Kaine, 1610's Jessica Drew and an alternative Ben Reilly. It would be fun if 616's Ben has a similar aventure with other Spider-Clones. I wonder what he would think after seeing a female version of himself: "Holy ****! Not even the Jackal was so insane!".
    No thanks. I want Ben to get away from too much clone stuff. The only clone in his life should be Kaine imo. My favorite Ben stories like ‘Lost Years’ and some of his Spider-Ben run had nothing to do with clone mythology.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    No thanks. I want Ben to get away from too much clone stuff. The only clone in his life should be Kaine imo. My favorite Ben stories like ‘Lost Years’ and some of his Spider-Ben run had nothing to do with clone mythology.
    I agree. He is at his best when he is dealing with things other than clones. I specially like it when Ben and Peter treat each other as brothers.

Astonishing Member

I agree. He is at his best when he is dealing with things other than clones. I specially like it when Ben and Peter treat each other as brothers.
    100% agree with this. Time for them to bro hug it out.

Forresthills

Default Couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks for bringing this thread back. Now that Spider-Geddon is over and has thankfully fixed the damage wrought by The Clone Conspiracy, any hopes for Ben Reilly in the future, or should Marvel let him rest until a writer comes along with a great idea that doesn't completely screw him over as a character?
    I couldn't agree more. The trend of distorting/killing or completely messing up 1990's characters has been crazy the last couple of years. With the last Scarlet Spider series, it really looked like Peter David just didn't care one iota about the character and instead just shoved him in an unused Hulk Vegas storyline. The obvious retcon/reset in 'Spider-Geddon' bodes well if we can find someone who actually likes and understands the character and what sets him apart from the other Spider heroes. Fingers crossed.

I would rather Ben not be used at all unless it's by a competent writer who isn't going to be forced to kill him off/change him into an ever more unstable maniac.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

Maybe we’ll see an alt universe Ben in the next chapter of Life Story. It’s the 90s!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forresthills View Post
    I couldn't agree more. The trend of distorting/killing or completely messing up 1990's characters has been crazy the last couple of years. With the last Scarlet Spider series, it really looked like Peter David just didn't care one iota about the character and instead just shoved him in an unused Hulk Vegas storyline. The obvious retcon/reset in 'Spider-Geddon' bodes well if we can find someone who actually likes and understands the character and what sets him apart from the other Spider heroes. Fingers crossed.
    I agree with everything you said. PAD is overall a good writer, but he’s beholden to his own ego too much and doesn’t seem to care a lot for the history and continuity of characters he didn’t have a hand in creating. Also, I don’t think his output nowadays is as strong as it was from the 80s to early 00s. His recent 2099 series was also okay, but not great imo. So while I appreciate PAD, I really hope he doesn’t write Ben again. He’s a bad fit. I’d love the next writer to be Yost, Gage or someone who wrote him during the 90s oldschool like DeMatteis if you wish to go a bit darker or (the underrated and overdue for a comeback) Todd Dezago if you want to go lighter.

Also, I hope Ben pops up again soon. It’s already been 5 months since Spidergeddon and not a peep since.

Spectacular Member

Honestly if they are gonna keep butchering Ben and Kaine, I’d be fine not seeing them.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I agree with everything you said. PAD is overall a good writer, but he’s beholden to his own ego too much and doesn’t seem to care a lot for the history and continuity of characters he didn’t have a hand in creating. Also, I don’t think his output nowadays is as strong as it was from the 80s to early 00s. His recent 2099 series was also okay, but not great imo. So while I appreciate PAD, I really hope he doesn’t write Ben again. He’s a bad fit. I’d love the next writer to be Yost, Gage or someone who wrote him during the 90s oldschool like DeMatteis if you wish to go a bit darker or (the underrated and overdue for a comeback) Todd Dezago if you want to go lighter.

Also, I hope Ben pops up again soon. It’s already been 5 months since Spidergeddon and not a peep since.
    He's supposed to show up in Absolute Carnage, given that Carnage is going after anyone who's ever hosted a symbiote for the cellular imprints the symbiotes left in their DNA, and since one of Ben's most famous storylines was "Web of Carnage" where he became Spider-Carnage . . . Well, I'm just hoping he doesn't die.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Honestly if they are gonna keep butchering Ben and Kaine, I’d be fine not seeing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    He's supposed to show up in Absolute Carnage, given that Carnage is going after anyone who's ever hosted a symbiote for the cellular imprints the symbiotes left in their DNA, and since one of Ben's most famous storylines was "Web of Carnage" where he became Spider-Carnage . . . Well, I'm just hoping he doesn't die.
    While I certainly didn't find PAD's rendition of Ben to be the greatest thing ever, I appreciate him trying something different. It's too bad that the series became a jumble of ideas.

I'm excited that Ben's appearing in the Carnage series, just because it'll be great to see him again; but his time was Spider-Carnage was one of my favorite storylines, so it'll be nice to see that referenced.

-Pav, who can't imagine they'd kill him off again so soon...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details