Page 112 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2172
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I think black male xmen haven't caught on in the xmen other than bishop is SOLELY due to Monet based upon the discussion im seeing now lolol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    If we’re going to talk about mutant white black women..... Nekra please.
    True, she really should be used more.

Empathic super-strong tanks are actually pretty rare. Though I will admit, Punchout and Cargill kind of do the same thing
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-23-2021 at 12:45 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    She looks like a non-black Maghrebi woman to me.
    North Africans are Black to some extent, aren't they?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    The native North Africans were black. But due to many invasions & colonization, there's been a lot of mixing.

Similar to America. The Native Americans were not white. But since Columbus came & took over, it's pretty much White Man's land now.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    The native North Africans were black. But due to many invasions & colonization, there's been a lot of mixing.

Similar to America. The Native Americans were not white. But since Columbus came & took over, it's pretty much White Man's land now.
    you stating facts my friend!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

True. North Africa has been colonized for centuries by Arabs, the French and so forth. Now they're quite mixed

Somewhat similar to how Mexicans are primarily a mix of Spanish and indigenous groups like the Aztecs

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Not all of them. But I wouldn't say non-Black North Africans aren't "native". You can't compare Colombus to people who've been living somewhere since the classical period.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Not all of them. But I wouldn't say non-Black North Africans aren't "native". You can't compare Colombus to people who've been living somewhere since the classical period.
    True. They're not the same. I was just unsure about whether Monet's mom is Black or part-Black

Astonishing Member

True. They're not the same. I was just unsure about whether Monet's mom is Black or part-Black
    She’s Algerian royalty right? She’s probably an Arabized Berber, who vary significantly in phenotype. Black admixture tends to be limited in the more elite circles of Berber society and racism against Sub-Saharan Africans is a big issue in many North African nations, especially Morocco. Monet has black ancestry, but it seems to mostly come from her dad’s side. He’s biracial isn’t he? Half black/half French?

There are North Africans and alot of those native North African's are Black. So yes. They just don't get much repersentation in their own country and are discriminated against by arabized "Berbers" and bedouin settlers. Any one that is darkerr skinned is assume to be "Sub-Saharan" by that group. Despite the native dark skinned population always being there. In either case, yeah monets's mom would be a bedouin - arabized "Berber".
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 03-23-2021 at 07:36 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    There are North Africans there are a lot native North African's aka Black, yes. They just don't get much repersentation in their own country and are discriminated against by arabized "Berbers" and bedouin settlers. Any one that is darkerr skinned is assume to be "Sub-Saharan" by that group. Despite the native dark skinned population always being there. In either case, yeah monets's mom would be a bedouin - arabized "Berber".
    I thought the original Berbers were black, like the Egyptians were, but later mixed with Arabs and Germanic tribes. I could be wrong though

It's sad to see colorism is a general thing in societies, though

I thought the original Berbers were black, like the Egyptians were, but later mixed with Arabs and Germanic tribes. I could be wrong though

It's sad to see colorism is a general thing in societies, though
    Especially, considering that we all came from Africa.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Especially, considering that we all came from Africa.
    I know. For lack of a better word, colorism is b*******. Another reason why visible representation is needed

Man, I am glad this thread was revived a few days ag. Its a wonder the earth still has an ozone layer with all the truth bombs dropping in here right now! Too many gems to choose from but I am glad someone also mentioned how asinine and fucking old it is to hear people complain about stuff being forced, pandering, or too sjw or whatever anytime poc are even slightly entered into the mix in media. It never fails to shock me when I see that because they act like 99% of media representation isn't still dominated by whites.

The fact that Bishop is still the only prominent black male X Man is a travesty.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Man, I am glad this thread was revived a few days ag. Its a wonder the earth still has an ozone layer with all the truth bombs dropping in here right now! Too many gems to choose from but I am glad someone also mentioned how asinine and fucking old it is to hear people complain about stuff being forced, pandering, or too sjw or whatever anytime poc are even slightly entered into the mix in media. It never fails to shock me when I see that because they act like 99% of media representation isn't still dominated by whites.

The fact that Bishop is still the only prominent black male X Man is a travesty.
    Agreed. White men aren't threatened. I mean, it's crazy X-Men have Marvel's biggest black heroine, but their top black hero isn't even in Marvel's top 3.

I've said this elsewhere but there are too many all-White couples. There's no stable uniracial PoC or biracial couples. We need more Black and half-Black ones