Page 116 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2172
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The beauty and truth of Fiction is that it never has to fully conform to reality for in doing so it risks losing a vital part of its self.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    That being the case, black women aren't reading comicbooks to the same degree as white male. So their reactions are situation-ed in a projection, and confrimation biases. But yeah, those things happen and that's mostly due to negative stereotype in regrads to racial dating and status. That is of course overexaggerated by the nature that is media and stardom. Making the few black males that make it to such a stage the prime example, despite that not being sensible.
    I think it's more due to some black men denigrating black women due to Eurocentric beauty standards, which elevate white women above WoC, meaning black men will date white women but white men won't necessarily date black women. This and colorism are social ills contributing to the marginalization of black women and I think they're right to be tired of it

However, it's not at all an excuse to automatically demean any interracial couple

No doubt
    I mean, I prefer characters who aren't interested in romance, but it's creepy this standard doesn't apply to white male characters

And no one can say any different

A fact that many ppl don't comprehend.
    It doesn't mean we shouldn't promote IR couples, but it doesn't they're a racial panacea

True...true

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think it's more due to some black men denigrating black women due to Eurocentric beauty standards, which elevate white women above WoC, meaning black men will date white women but white men won't necessarily date black women.
    It's far more complicated than black men deingrating black women. The overall issue is as you noted is this need to assimulate into the eurocentric framework of not only the world place but soical relationships. That centers need the for white acceptance to the point of belittling one's own self-worth and those in their community. This need to be feel accepted by those that have traditionally created turmoil in one's community and is unique to America, cause in Africa it's not a direct dynamic that influences intra-relations. But back in America in before the start of the late 70's and 80's. There was unity and most black ppl didn't care much at all about rather or not white men or white women liked black men or black women or not. It was about equality and never should been about interracial relationship, as policy. As it took the focus off of the black community and it's struggle, into individualistic notions of progress. Which in american society translated into more white exceptionalism with non-white faces.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 03-23-2021 at 09:37 PM.

Ultimate Member

Silver Fang, you raise some good points. Most beauty standards aside from avoiding obesity are bs IMO. Black women shouldn't be punished for their natural appearances.

I find it odd though the BMWM is more taboo yet more common in real life, from 1what I've heard.

As for IR relationships, Marvel shouldn't throw in the towel on the few they have. They should keep these characters in dedicated permanent relationships. Personally I can't stand most relationship drama anyway, and IR and PoC relationships seem to be a lot less stable in this universe

Silver Fang, you raise some good points. Most beauty standards aside from avoiding obesity are bs IMO. Black women shouldn't be punished for their natural appearances.

I find it odd though the BMWM is more taboo yet more common in real life, from 1what I've heard.

As for IR relationships, Marvel shouldn't throw in the towel on the few they have. They should keep these characters in dedicated permanent relationships. Personally I can't stand most relationship drama anyway, and IR and PoC relationships seem to be a lot less stable in this universe
    It's really not depending on where the largest population is demographics wise. I mean in comparsion to every other racial male group, BM are the least likely to date out. The spotlight is only on BM due to the fact that they are the easiest target and are the most visible male group, in the most watched entertainment markets and news cycles that focus on stereotypical topics. A space that has frequencily in the past tried to paint BW and the black community as the reason for the spikes in food samp usage, welfare coverage or welfare fraud over the decades. When it's actually white people that make up a larger number of signee's and offenses.

Marvel or more aptly the Offices and it's editors will decide rather or not they want good repsentation of relationships in comics by the writers they choose and a lot of them aren't really good at writing relationship drama. Long term and non-white relationships seems to be a step too far for them to tackle on a regular basis and think that white relationships covers that base.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 03-23-2021 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think black male xmen haven't caught on in the xmen other than bishop is SOLELY due to Monet based upon the discussion im seeing now lolol.
    I liked how for a second Errrrbody was a Victorian era anthropologist on holiday in North Africa
    Lol
    GrindrStone(D)

I thought Misty knight was with Iron fist?

As for Reed and sue, I hate how he treats her. At least Jan dumped Hank, but Reed gets to neglect Sue like any fashioned marriage
    Falcon & Misty have been dating for few years now ( 1st more off/on & hooking up then seriously & then of course the books that were showcasing it or would got canceled smfh).

IF having dated/hook up atleast 2-3 women in same time Spider Women (Jess) & two other supporting characters one who I think was Asian & other white.
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 03-24-2021 at 06:35 AM.

Ultimate Member

It's really not depending on where the largest population is demographics wise. I mean in comparsion to every other racial male group, BM are the least likely to date out. The spotlight is only on BM due to the fact that they are the easiest target and are the most visible male group, in the most watched entertainment markets and news cycles that focus on stereotypical topics. A space that has frequencily in the past tried to paint BW and the black community as the reason for the spikes in food samp usage, welfare coverage or welfare fraud over the decades. When it's actually white people that make up a larger number of signee's and offenses.

Marvel or more aptly the Offices and it's editors will decide rather or not they want good repsentation of relationships in comics by the writers they choose and a lot of them aren't really good at writing relationship drama. Long term and non-white relationships seems to be a step too far for them to tackle on a regular basis and think that white relationships covers that base.
    Ok. Maybe the information I read isn't correct. IMO if they don't want to actually develop long-term relationships, then they should dump them altogether. I really don't care about people "hooking up". It distracts from the main story.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Falcon & Misty have been dating for few years now ( 1st more off/on & hooking up then seriously & then of course the books that were showcasing it or would got canceled smfh)
    Ok

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I liked how for a second Errrrbody was a Victorian era anthropologist on holiday in North Africa
    Lol
    LMAO, you know what.. I really wish these white writers did research before creating characters.. Marvel should have been doing focus groups or making it mandatory that writer read some damn books written by Black, Asian, Indigenous and Latinx people before trying to make those characters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    LMAO, you know what.. I really wish these white writers did research before creating characters.. Marvel should have been doing focus groups or making it mandatory that writer read some damn books written by Black, Asian, Indigenous and Latinx people before trying to make those characters.
    Agreed. I feel White artists can do PoC characters well if they actually make such effort like you've suggested

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Falcon & Misty have been dating for few years now ( 1st more off/on & hooking up then seriously & then of course the books that were showcasing it or would got canceled smfh).

IF having dated/hook up atleast 2-3 women in same time Spider Women (Jess) & two other supporting characters one who I think was Asian & other white.
    Didn't Falcon and Jane Thor have a brief "fling" or something, I know they kissed at the least but it never went anywhere. Then next thing you know he's with Misty. Outside of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones I don't think there has been a lasting interracial relationship in Marvel. And even that relationship seems rocky at times, Jessica usually runs off to do whatever and keeps secrets and Luke is usually the one home watching Dani and worrying over whatever his wife is doing. Seriously seems like Marvel has emasculated Luke, Jess walks all over him and he takes it. He has turned into the meek house husband and lost all of his badassness. But outside of Cyclops it seems all guys in relationships have, in Marvel and DC both. But yeah, interracial relationships are a low priority at Marvel and DC isn't any better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Didn't Falcon and Jane Thor have a brief "fling" or something, I know they kissed at the least but it never went anywhere. Then next thing you know he's with Misty. Outside of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones I don't think there has been a lasting interracial relationship in Marvel. And even that relationship seems rocky at times, Jessica usually runs off to do whatever and keeps secrets and Luke is usually the one home watching Dani and worrying over whatever his wife is doing. Seriously seems like Marvel has emasculated Luke, Jess walks all over him and he takes it. He has turned into the meek house husband and lost all of his badassness. But outside of Cyclops it seems all guys in relationships have, in Marvel and DC both. But yeah, interracial relationships are a low priority at Marvel and DC isn't any better.
    I see. This may come off as weird, but I've never gotten into the idea of "masculinity", that the guy has to be the "dominating" one.

However, seeing as how this is more often applied to Black heroes, as stated earlier in this thread, it comes off as racist

Mighty Member

I see. This may come off as weird, but I've never gotten into the idea of "masculinity", that the guy has to be the "dominating" one.

However, seeing as how this is more often applied to Black heroes, as stated earlier in this thread, it comes off as racist
    Not dominating but not a weak simp either. Don't just accept whatever your significant other is doing, and Luke appears to do that always. At some point Luke has to put his foot down and say Jess's behavior is not acceptable, just as Sue will say to Reed or whatever wife calls out her husband's behavior. And the fact that Luke is a black man that is just accepting this is highly questionable.

He was dating ( not seriously) / hooking with a Misty 1st in his book then randomly they had him Jane kiss or hook up or something & of course gladly went no where because she & Thor will more then likely end up dating/hooking up on off giving she a Thor supporting character 1st. Just was weird ass shock pairing imo Just to say for few issues look current Cap & Jane Thor are kissing look everyone lol It added nothing to ethier character was waste panel imo.

Cage & Jewel rship is fixable imo ( unlike Misty & IF, Po & Havok, & Wanda & Vis, O & any or her past rships) but the a lot of way it’s been shown as been wack to read & definitely see why they didn’t & probably won’t go that route outside of comics.

Not dominating but not a weak simp either. Don't just accept whatever your significant other is doing, and Luke appears to do that always. At some point Luke has to put his foot down and say Jess's behavior is not acceptable, just as Sue will say to Reed or whatever wife calls out her husband's behavior. And the fact that Luke is a black man that is just accepting this is highly questionable.

Big facts
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 03-24-2021 at 08:13 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I haven't read a Luke Cage book since Mighty Avengers so I didn't know it got that bad.
    "Cable was right!"