Page 52 of 145 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That's your amazing answer none of them are good. That was critical thinking you put into your answer. Every black male character created was bad. Who created these characters ? Why is they are capable of making good white characters but the black characters suck? Why has there been effort to make one that hasn't sucked? Anyways Thank you for your level of insight, I don't know how I miss that.Thank you for sharing.
    None of them caught on so... yah seems like none of them were good. You skipped all the crappy non-black characters that didn't catch on. Probably didn't know about them but whatever. Maybe you've got a tin foil hat we can all put on and follow along.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    None of them caught on so... yah seems like none of them were good. You skipped all the crappy non-black characters that didn't catch on. Probably didn't know about them but whatever. Maybe you've got a tin foil hat we can all put on and follow along.
    Which characters did I skip? This topic is about BLACK MALE X-MEN who did I miss that caught on.

Which characters did I skip? This topic is about BLACK MALE X-MEN who did I miss that caught on.
    No one. That’s the point isn’t it.

If you really want to explore this topic you should consider why Storm and Bishop did and the others didn’t. What differentiates them?

If you really want to explore this topic you should consider why Storm and Bishop did and the others didn’t. What differentiates them?
    Critical mass? They have been used so often that they are difficult to ignore…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

This thread has asked and answered those questions. Either you didn’t read them, or you decided your answer was better. The more pressing concern is still whether or not black male mutants deserve more love and attention in the X-men. It’s clear that you don’t think any of them are/were any good. You don’t see the importance of meaningful representation for black males and you aren’t a person that actively searches and supports it. Given your stance in this thread (which is a black male mutant appreciation thread in essence) and your inability to see value in ANY of the aforementioned black male mutants, what exactly are you doing here? And what value did you truly expect to bring with your “anti black male” Tourette syndrome?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Someone asked about the "design and impact" of the characters and then when another user says they weren't that good you jump on their case. Geez.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Critical mass? They have been used so often that they are difficult to ignore…
    Pretty much. Virtually zero x-men created after 1990 have had any traction, regardless of what colour was applied to them. The franchise was already mature by then. It’s really straight forward. It’s not a matter of representation, it’s a matter of generation.

It’s not a matter of representation, it’s a matter of generation.
    While I can suggest existing characters to promote, and creators can obviously make new mutant heroes, this is the most evident answer. No characters brought to the franchise after Bishop have presented any staying power.

Which is why Gambit should’ve been black.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    While I can suggest existing characters to promote, and creators can obviously make new mutant heroes, this is the most evident answer. No characters brought to the franchise after Bishop have presented any staying power.
    That’s simply because no one wrote them or wrote them well enough to get established.

Instead of making new characters, bring on:

Windshear from Alpha Flight

Bedlam Brothers as a duo like AOA instead of 616 enemies.

Derrick Beacon from Generation X

Pathway and Lightbright for ladies of color.

All existing black mutants.

Be

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    That’s simply because no one wrote them or wrote them well enough to get established.

Instead of making new characters, bring on:

Windshear from Alpha Flight

Bedlam Brothers as a duo like AOA instead of 616 enemies.

Derrick Beacon from Generation X

Pathway and Lightbright for ladies of color.

All existing black mutants.

Be
    Is that really true? Did someone write Glob or Armor well enough that they are pushing them now? Did someone write Gwenpool good enough that they are pushing her now? Are fans clamoring for that Star mini series?

Could the decision makers be out of touch with Market? Could old bad beliefs be keeping back characters like remember thay Disney didn't put Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Black Widow movie because of one executive beliefs. And the current X-Office doesn't believe in the viability of teen books for example. To think that something the characters are doing alone is wrong imo the factors outside of comics as well.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    And that's because

The franchise was already mature by then.
    All those characters, including Synch, were introduced in the 90s when books were being churned out faster than quality could afford. A new character needed to have an adversarial personality in order to stand out, which explains the relative success of Monet St. Croix, and to a certain extent Bishop himself.

That's your amazing answer none of them are good. That was critical thinking you put into your answer. Every black male character created was bad. Who created these characters ? Why is they are capable of making good white characters but the black characters suck? Why has there been effort to make one that hasn't sucked? Anyways Thank you for your level of insight, I don't know how I miss that.Thank you for sharing.
    Lol, good retort! This mentality is at the very core of why we are even considering the OP question. I get you previous post point. Yes, Hickman had done cool things with black male characters. I even appreciate what he was doing with Nightmask, also from his Avengers run. I see that he brought Synch back, but the frustration comes in when you see how much time goes into to establishing the usual suspects cutting the opportunity to do the same meticulous work to bring out second tier players who need the help. That's all.

Is that really true? Did someone write Glob or Armor well enough that they are pushing them now? Did someone write Gwenpool good enough that they are pushing her now? Are fans clamoring for that Star mini series?

Could the decision makers be out of touch with Market? Could old bad beliefs be keeping back characters like remember thay Disney didn't put Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Black Widow movie because of one executive beliefs. And the current X-Office doesn't believe in the viability of teen books for example. To think that something the characters are doing alone is wrong imo the factors outside of comics as well.
    Gwenpool had a good run with Hastings writing her. She was born out of a variant cover LOL
    Gonna say she is a example of Marvel investing ona new character, wha tif x-offcie invested this way on the poc characters from x-men.

I think armor, quentin, Glob are mostly used because of their creators. At least armor is a poc, but the rest are white and always given many chances on books.

My point was that no one is really writing them at all. i am a fan of these guys and want to see them used instead of creating new characters.

Bedlam brothers were awesome in AOA but got ruined in 616, just like Vincente.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 12-19-2019 at 02:30 PM.