Page 38 of 145 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He was depored with the vaccine, but they reversed the vaccine and they are bringing mutants back to life. healers should be priority
    Exactly and thevaccine would have attacked his x-gene but not remove it from existence like the decimation did so they could easily bring him back with his powers in tact. He could have been the much needed color x-force is lacking and he did exactly what healer was doing during the mpox storyline. Not to mention h is name is freaking triage. He would have had mutants up and running in no time. Another case of a mutant of color being shoved into a closet
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He was depored with the vaccine, but they reversed the vaccine and they are bringing mutants back to life. healers should be priority
    Ah, yeah that's weird then, especially considering how powerful he is. I'd rather see him than Healer any day. I don't even know who that character is.

Healing mutants are problematic from a narrative and moral perspective. I can understand his absence.

Bedlam makes a great Alpha House member.

Part of why I wanted X-Force to be a Stormwatchy Internationally deployed team is because it would give all these able-bodied POC mutants some screentime.

An all black team of X-men would be cool.

Bishop
    Bedlam
    Gentle
    Lightbright
    Windshear
    Pathway

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Healing mutants are problematic from a narrative and moral perspective. I can understand his absence.

Part of why I wanted X-Force to be a Stormwatchy Internationally deployed team is because it would give all these able-bodied POC mutants some screentime.
    That's kind of far fetched in a world where elixir is helping bring mutants back to life.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

If anything this would be the perfect time for healing mutants since mutants have functional immortality. If anything, they're needed more as a cover story for how so many mutants who totally should be dead are walking around.

Also rosenbuurg went out of his way to kill another black mutant because triage could self resuurect so they made sure to strip his powers first
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I said what I said. This isn't reality where logic reigns. This is fiction where stories need consequences.

I said what I said. This isn't reality where logic reigns. This is fiction where stories need consequences.
    You mean like Xavier being revived and healer being fast tracked. Cool.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You mean like Xavier being revived and healer being fast tracked. Cool.
    What? First, I didn't buy the issue you're referencing and only know what I've read from being on CBR X-Books. Second, I said healing mutant are narratively problematic, so giving one a recurring role is difficult. "Healer" is a wallpaper Morlock who gets screentime only in moments like these. You want that for Triage? Probably not; which is why I ended my original post bringing up the potential of another viable black mutant hero, Bedlam.

What's morally problematic about mutant healers?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'd like to see more of Bedlam, personally. Though I've always sorta had a thing for King Bedlam.
    Yes. It's time for the Rise of Bedlam! He should join X-Force or New Mutants (since that's where most of his friends are).

whenever someone mentions bedlam, i remember him looking like Shawn Wayans. and then i think of shawn wayans and his horrible impressions of gay people. which brother did Terry Crews play? i'm guessing that it was the older one; despite the power set.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What's morally problematic about mutant healers?
    Logically, they should be at hospitals fixing people, curing cancer, etc. to do otherwise is arguably selfish.

Logically, they should be at hospitals fixing people, curing cancer, etc. to do otherwise is arguably selfish.
    couldn't the same be said of Reed Richards or Tony Stark?