Page 141 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2172

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Hill is also a writer for DC's Titans tv show.
    Hill was doing the Batman and Outsiders book and got an earful for how Duke Thomas was done.
    Hill wanted to get back into doing what he was doing before comics-movie scripts and he is doing one for Black (the book from Black Mask).

That is why he disappeared-he was actually ready to leave comics.

https://goodmenproject.com/komplicat...enied-by-sdcc/

Look at what McDuffie had to do just get Justice League. It took him 22 years.
    Jason Aaron 6 to do it at BOTH companies. Cates 5 years. Liefeld 5-6 years.

Then i'm curious why, he asnwered the call? there was no way, he was going to offers with Fallen Angel...

Crazy to think about the huge gap in years in regards to McDuffie. They screwed him big time and it's not surpising at all - could been 22 years of quality work with varies entries before he was allowed on Justice League and to me that's deliberate.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 04-08-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    Then i'm curious why, he asnwered the call? there was no way, he was going to offers with Fallen Angel...

Crazy to think about the huge gap in years in regards to McDuffie. They screwed him big time and it's not surpising at all - could been 22 years of quality work with varies entries before he was allowed on Justice League and to me that's deliberate.
    And when he got the book-folks took issue with it and the roster.

It had 4 blacks in it. McDuffie stated that was by order of editorial and the head of DC. He would have left one off (I suspect Black Lightning since he wrote Jason Rusch's final arc, John and Vixen before).

He had the book planned out to issue 50 (he started with issue 17 or 18). The big guns were going to leave to protect what was being done in their books. Yet the trolls showed up with Justice League BET comments and it because an editorial battle over the run.

He was not fired from the book. He was removed and OFFERED another book-he declined out of respect to that writer. So that was his last comic book.

22 years.... it is interesting to note he was in the running for She Hulk. The 1990s run. He lost but his pitch became She Hulk Ceremony.

If you look at his body of work-before his death.... Bishop, Synch, Prodigy, Eli Bradley, Blue Marvel, Night Thrasher, Rocket Racer, Cardiac, Nightwatch, Maggot, Gentle, N'Kano, Shuri, Bishop and MAYBE War Machine at Marvel. Hotspot, Blindside, Dr Midnight 2, Mr Bones, Jakeem Thunder, Shilo Norman and Spectre (when he was black).

Are the ONLY black characters he never worked on. He and Priest are the only black ones who can say they have worked on every major character. Writer or editor.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Are the ONLY black characters he never worked on. He and Priest are the only black ones who can say they have worked on every major character. Writer or editor.
    Two out of the thousands that either went ignored or never hired. Or not given as many chances as others. Both impressive yet a drop in a bucket.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 04-08-2021 at 09:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Coming back to this thread.

Synch and Sunfire, two PoC mutants, are now on the main X-men team.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

That's some progress there. Hopefully they get the spotlight and development they deserve.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Okay but where is Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Okay but where is Darwin
    Very good point there. We've seen Everett/Synch and Laura/Wolverine after their team came back from the Vault, but no word on Darwin since?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Very good point there. We've seen Everett/Synch and Laura/Wolverine after their team came back from the Vault, but no word on Darwin since?
    It frustrates me because I like Darwin a lot and he is also a minority, afrohispanic.
    I think the big issue is his powers, it allows him to survive almost anything, but offensively they worthless. He is a character that is hard to write in an action team. His best option would have been being always in the same team with Synch to power him.

Hmm, a fair point you bring up there.

They could place darwin on ARRAKO, give him SOMETHING to do.

There is also Askari and Shola Inkose. Shola could have been used as a Force Warrior during Age of X, which is a shame when you think of his TK powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    There is also Askari and Shola Inkose. Shola could have been used as a Force Warrior during Age of X, which is a shame when you think of his TK powers.
    Yess, they really need to bring black characters to the forefront with all this expansion going on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

None of the other Black male or non white characters make the main teams generally, except for Bishop. Finally Synch and Sunfire joined the main X-Men team and Rictor is a main member of Excalibur(he’s Latino). Bishop has a major role in Marauders.

Sunspot I think is under utilized and is stuck just in New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    None of the other Black male or non white characters make the main teams generally, except for Bishop. Finally Synch and Sunfire joined the main X-Men team and Rictor is a main member of Excalibur(he’s Latino). Bishop has a major role in Marauders.

And hes barely in that
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

I feel like Sunspot started off this era stronger than most. He was essentially the main protagonist in Hickman’s New Mutants 4-parter and then got this new cosmic set-up, only to be relegated to cameos.