Page 125 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2172
    Mighty Member

They never fullly gave parameters for his powers tho...like he was holding sabertooths mass while using various abilities in his first showing then he got the aura....he was never op ...but it’s not like op characters arent written well everyday ...gen shad both Synch and M who we’re quite powerful but never too op..

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    They never fullly gave parameters for his powers tho...like he was holding sabertooths mass while using various abilities in his first showing then he got the aura....he was never op ...but it’s not like op characters arent written well everyday ...gen shad both Synch and M who we’re quite powerful but never too op..
    I thought Synch was able to hold Creeds because Sabertooth was still in close proximity
    GrindrStone(D)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    You're making my point for me. Just look at all the extra level of thinking you have to have Synch on the team during mission and stuff. Writers don't want to deal with that stuff.
    I must have explained it badly.

Once more, the writer literally doesn't have to do anything, because Synch can't do anything that characters *the writer already chose to use* can do.

So he doesn't have to think about any power he *already isn't choosing to use.*

And if he can't handle the powers of the characters *he's already chosen to use,* then he's got way bigger problems than Synch.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I thought Synch was able to hold Creeds because Sabertooth was still in close proximity
    BUt when he was holding it when Monet commented about buying him different clothes in Uncanny Xmen Creed was no where near Synch.. Later that particular stunt was never replicated. The biggest in road they made later on was when he was turned into emplate and we learned that he could synch deeper with people like when he synch more with Monet to reverse the emplate state that he was in.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    BUt when he was holding it when Monet commented about buying him different clothes in Uncanny Xmen Creed was no where near Synch.. Later that particular stunt was never replicated. The biggest in road they made later on was when he was turned into emplate and we learned that he could synch deeper with people like when he synch more with Monet to reverse the emplate state that he was in.
    Ooooh maybe he was actually Synching with Bishop's ability to absorb energy but instead of concussive blast he channelled it to increase his mass
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    This & they should’ve had made Terry a villain both should’ve been/should be heroes
    I did like the Bedlams as good guys, but I felt Terry worked as a villain. I hope they get used again.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I agree but I would pick being able to hold powers longer than being a good fighter. Maybe even something like he can hold remnants of a power for use when he really needs it. But would have to be power he is commonly in contact with.
    I understand. IMO, he should learn some basic hand-to-hand if he synchs with a brick. Initially, Colossus was not a trained fighter. Cyclops taught him basic martial arts. Peter used that training to battle Sasquatch.

Various anti mutant organizations have power-inhibiting technology. Every mutant adventurer should get some basic training.

Extraordinary Member

I will say that I am glad the resurrection protocol was established. It was a great way to finally bring back the many mutants of color (MOC, LOL) who were frivolously depowered, or killed off.

As always, I hope that some writer or editor will find an interesting way to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Various anti mutant organizations have power-inhibiting technology. Every mutant adventurer should get some basic training.
    Preeeetty sure that's pretty much a requirement at Xavier's
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

I understand. IMO, he should learn some basic hand-to-hand if he synchs with a brick. Initially, Colossus was not a trained fighter. Cyclops taught him basic martial arts. Peter used that training to battle Sasquatch.

[Various anti mutant organizations have power-inhibiting technology. Every mutant adventurer should get some basic training.
    People have to lose, We as fans have to get that for me I am fine, If Synch isn't super competent fighting if that means him being able to hold powers for longer. But point it is to easier write Synch as he ran out of power now he is easy handle that is how he loses fights. It will be much more frustrating experience as fan to have be competent and not use his skills. A good example is Prodigy in the last issue of X-factor, Eyeboy and Prodigy were told to sit out of this fight as Prodigy does not have record knowledge of all the X-men fighting ability in him.

It is annoying that top black male characters all have reactive powers Bishop, Darwin, Synch, Prodigy with only Sunspot being proactive(Gentle as well) . I mean Triage, Beldam, Maggot and Manifold are basically in status as well. You almost wonder what they have against black male character having a power and just being able to do something cool right away without some condition or special circumstance to make their powers effective.

As for training X-men can transplant languages and the ability to fly the X-jet into peoples head, By that logic every X-men should have the basics of fighting.

It is annoying that top black male characters all have reactive powers Bishop, Darwin, Synch, Prodigy with only Sunspot being proactive(Gentle as well) . I mean Triage, Beldam, Maggot and Manifold are basically in status as well. You almost wonder what they have against black male character having a power and just being able to do something cool right away without some condition or special circumstance to make their powers effective.
    Yeeeeah I agree...that's 1 reason why I thought Bendis was Waaay overhyped and an example of the X-Men (in universe) ensuring the next generation remain largely white. creations These students of Cyclops 'Revolution Tour" included:
    Triage(who let's be honest was DOA) there's nothing notable about him/personality/powers he only got attention cause he was black. Sometimes had a friend carried a fvckin stick for protection...not even a gun or knife or
    Morph has codename/power of popular char from X-Men TAS and AOA with a twist and gay which is usually a buffer against writers wraith. Non descript white dude but takes on a person's looks the more comfortable he makes them
    Goldballs chubby latinx dude from a large family Funny name/memorable power comedic personality is like the Glob Herman if the group
    Tempus Only chick recruited.Bombastic introduction, cool powers, Cool distinct look, Was super into the Mutant Revolution and Cyclops
    HiJack Asian Dude 1st one On team since Shiro in 1970s(?)Older rebellious cool power although it was essentially like Whiz Kid
    Outta those 5 which seemed like to get juuuust enough of momentum from fans or other writers to be used continually? If it had been these 5 as the "class" Cool. But very soon into his run the added 8 more young mutants all white....all redundancies of other characters.
    As for training X-men can transplant languages and the ability to fly the X-jet into peoples head, By that logic every X-men should have the basics of fighting.
    only problem I see with that is sure your mind might know the rules but your body wouldn't making it less effective. Buut even if it did unless you have super strength the power behind your skills wouldn't be as great if you physically train and build your strength
    Last edited by BroHomo; 03-28-2021 at 02:34 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yeeeeah I agree...that's 1 reason why I thought Bendis was Waaay overhyped and an example of the X-Men (in universe) ensuring the next generation remain largely white. creations These students of Cyclops 'Revolution Tour" included:
    Triage(who let's be honest was DOA) there's nothing notable about him/personality/powers he only got attention cause he was black. Sometimes had a friend carried a fvckin stick for protection...not even a gun or knife or
    [
    Triage wasn't bad idea imo, Triage (and all of the students in that time period) was just forgotten because too much was going on in that run. Triage was suppose to have elements of spirituality and magic to him(hence the silly stick) but they never did anything with it . So he largely remains the other healer that again make things too easy so writers need to get rid him as fast as possible or else he make stories boring.

Healing is a simple power to have around balance simply to heal someone you have to give up some of your lifeforce/stamina/energy to heal them so to heal a major wound it would wear you out and maybe even put you in catatonic/coma like state for awhile. American comics really seem to hate putting hard rules of characters. Some powers badly need limiters and draw backs Tempus and Triage didn't get any which hurt their future potential.

I don't think Triage was bad concept especially when you realize that he was basically Necromancer.

Maybe is because I'm afro-brazilian, but Sunspot is the way to go in my mind, he's so cool. Great personality, a simple but very unique and visually interesting power, and uncommon background for a comic book character. Marvel should invest more on the character, imo, beyond just appearing in a couple issues a year saying a few good lines. What Sunspot, and all these black male characters need is good characterization and a actual storyline, it isn't enough to show up in a group shot looking cool in the background.
    Right now, Manifold is the only one showing any kind of real promise storywise.

Also, Triage is really cool, they should push him more in the magical side, to further differentiate him from Elixir. I remember in No More HUmans, he was able to bring back a zombie version of some scientist to interrogate him, it was really cool. Killerbee911 is right, they should make him a Necromancer who is also able to heal people, just make the character a Night King.

Ultimate Member

Healing is a simple power to have around balance simply to heal someone you have to give up some of your lifeforce/stamina/energy to heal them so to heal a major wound it would wear you out and maybe even put you in catatonic/coma like state for awhile. American comics really seem to hate putting hard rules of characters. Some powers badly need limiters and draw backs Tempus and Triage didn't get any which hurt their future potential.
    Same sort of thing for Triage and Tempus (or Tempo, or other time-manipulators) could be used to balance them, a give and take. To give, they have to take. So for Triage to heal someone, he has to either harm himself, or transfer the wounded condition to a third party, or even harm someone else first, to build up a charge of 'life-energy' or whatever. There was a brief attempt to suggest something like that for Elixir, but it didn't stick. For Tempus/Tempo, it could work the same. They can only hasten themselves or allies after 'stealing time' from foes (or volunteers) slowing them to near paralysis. They become sort of a 'Speed Broker,' cutting some foes reactions / movement speed in half, and for the same duration, doubling it for an ally (or themself).

And that's just one of several limits that can be placed on healing, which can be narratively annoying at times, particularly if the writer decides to showcase it by having a formerly competent group of people who could go through multiple combats over a year of stories without anyone getting majorly hurt, only to have someone get messily wounded every single issue just to showcase the healer's kewl power. (Same for regenerators like Wolverine. Cyclops has a small fraction of the combat experience he has, and yet somehow gets through combats without getting perforated nearly as much as Wolverine, who has to be drawn showing off that regeneration ability of his, even if the end result makes him look like the worlds least competent fighter, since his ass gets cut, stabbed and shot so much more than significantly less capable hand to hand fighters...)

American comics really seem to hate putting hard rules of characters. Some powers badly need limiters and draw backs Tempus and Triage didn't get any which hurt their future potential.
    THIS! I also hate how everyone's powers evolve to the point where everyone is less unique. Like how Karma and Dani started off with really specific variations on psychic powers and both became telepaths.

Dang had no idea Triage had any let alone 3 fans(lol) But looking long term the few black Xmen created just don't seem viable as potentially 'breaking out' to mass appeal.Synch seriously last one and even hes a tough sale. And I'm thinking in other media other than comics as well....for example cartoons...the type of sat morning type cartoons marvel produces are aimed at younger viewers and in the plethora of characters in the Xverse who would be more able to catch the eye of kids Rockslide or Prodigy? Who would kids want to "be" in a video game Goldballs or Triage. There wasn't an action figure of Synch back in the day but Skin, Chamber, Jubilee, Penance, and even Mondo had one and that def leaks into the psyche of kids.Im.not tryna shade either character tho I'm just thinking if a group of kids were playing Xmen then no one would be clamoring to be the guy who absorbs knowledge and skills over the telekinetic.... or Rockslide...or even Anole
    GrindrStone(D)