Page 91 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2172

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Buuuut....
    Sunspot??
    Gentle doesn't stay powered up all the time+I think his Wakandan upbringing lends more to him being reserved.
    Maggot doesn't have lame powers! I think his slug digestive system is pretty cool+ I liked how brash he is
    Darwin, yes he is inhumanly figured but hardly freakish+he got with M sooo
    Totally give you that on Triage +you forgot Prodigy
    Sooo yes Gentle, Triage, Prodigy, Darwin,Synch are written as reserved, good natured etc?...
    I guess this is an attempt be 'progressive' since writers/editors or whoever grew up watching tv/reading with a clunky urban tough/angry black dude among the cast

Synch's mutagenic rainbow Aura is Awesome...
    Bruuuh this is to too 2 two True!!

There's been plenty of examples of a series/team being good compelling with a cast that boasts redundant powers...my fav example of this is Grant Morrison's New X-Men run
    Um so are a lot of Black people
    And Shola? Why is he always forgotten? I like Shola. A level-headed and trustworthy man.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm sure it's been said already but it bears repeating, not enough Black writers doing X-books if there ever were any.

I agree, need way more BLACK writers there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    And Shola? Why is he always forgotten? I like Shola. A level-headed and trustworthy man.
    I barely made it through issue 1 of Excalibur I thought his powerset was cool, and enjoyed him when he spent time on that campus with Kitty
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But she didn't see him before is why i included her. She started to fall for the beast first but even with that there has been movie after movie of the white girl getting the handsome prince that's willing to risk it all to save her or be with her. We get a frog. Like really?
    A frog who was a handsome prince under a spell. It's not like he stayed a frog.

Belle and Tiana got their princes at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    First off that’s all great that he wrote dc wild storm stuff and miles but it doesn’t change the x men stuff. Me wishing he had wrote a story with shola doesn’t discredit him it’s merely my opinion which I can definitely haves about my community.
    I'm black and I'm not about to hold Hill's feet to the fire for one book that didn't have a black male in it. Especially when there are a whole host of factors as to why that was.

We all know when it comes to black men and x men they have one of the worst track records in comic book history. Nuff said.
    Which Hill alone is not going to solve.

The X-franchise's issues with minorities stretch farther back before Hill.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-04-2020 at 02:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    With a name like Synch... ain't happenin' chief. Tbh I always thought Synch was lame. I don't really care about his power potential either because how powerful a character is was never really something that drew me to a character. For me Bishop been cool from the jump and was immediately interested in his character. For one, Bishop is a cool ass name. Just look at any other character in fiction named Bishop... the cop in Assault on Precinct 13, 2Pac in Juice, the android in Aliens... all interesting characters. I know Bishop gets criticism for his early appearances as being just another "angry black man" with a few screws loose, but you know what, so was I... sometimes lol. I'd even go as far to say 90s Bishop is my favorite interpretation of the character.
    Call me crazy but I fear for a while Synch and Darwin will become villains, by conservative calculation they were 537 years in the vault when the issue came out in Jan, if we follow real time. They've been there 1880 years!

If their bodies age but their minds perceive themselves as being there 7 months fine, BUT if they actually are in dilated time and feel like they've been there close to 2000 years you bet they will come out

1.Evolved beyond recognition Darwin and Synch especially(Synch could come out with 3000 plus powers) they could be Omegas ,who would want rebirth on Krakoa after that?They probably can't be killed after being there all 3 of them!

2.In reality they'll have more in common with CoV than mutants a real kinship even if adversarial at first,kind of like criminals behind bars for over 30 years.It changes you

3.They could see the vault as more efficient than Krakoa in driving evolution and so they could be the proto homo novissima that the mutants dread.

Scott may just have doomed the X-Men, for me this is intriguing and if black characters are shown in a villainous albeit sensible role like in this scenario their 'incarceration' makes them flawless villains(their switch is justified) I'm all for the drama

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Call me crazy but I fear for a while Synch and Darwin will become villains, by conservative calculation they were 537 years in the vault when the issue came out in Jan, if we follow real time. They've been there 1880 years!

If their bodies age but their minds perceive themselves as being there 7 months fine, BUT if they actually are in dilated time and feel like they've been there close to 2000 years you bet they will come out

1.Evolved beyond recognition Darwin and Synch especially(Synch could come out with 3000 plus powers) they could be Omegas ,who would want rebirth on Krakoa after that?They probably can't be killed after being there all 3 of them!

2.In reality they'll have more in common with CoV than mutants a real kinship even if adversarial at first,kind of like criminals behind bars for over 30 years.It changes you

3.They could see the vault as more efficient than Krakoa in driving evolution and so they could be the proto homo novissima that the mutants dread.

Scott may just have doomed the X-Men, for me this is intriguing and if black characters are shown in a villainous albeit sensible role like in this scenario their 'incarceration' makes them flawless villains(their switch is justified) I'm all for the drama
    Maybe they’ll come out with X-23 offspring?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    A frog who was a handsome prince under a spell. It's not like he stayed a frog.

Belle and Tiana got their princes at the end.

I'm black and I'm not about to hold Hill's feet to the fire for one book that didn't have a black male in it. Especially when there are a whole host of factors as to why that was.

Which Hill alone is not going to solve.

The X-franchise's issues with minorities stretch farther back before Hill.
    Who said the franchise issue started and began with Hill? NO one ever said that. I am glad you like what hill did and I hope you support his work. I am only giving my opinion. What I said is how I felt about the situation.Also I didnt say it was the only way to feel. Yall stay on this its either this or that mentality its very fatalistic I am only speaking for how I feel about the situation and how I think Black writers might be able to do if they write x men comic books.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Lol ,it's realistically possible though ,I mean a LOT can happen in 1880 years, I remember when Cannonball thought he had a family with Serafiina after like 15 minutes ,lol CoV tech can be crazy like that

Agreed, I had to go back and find out about Shola! The more I read, the madder I got. Here you have an assertive, @$$-kicking type alpha male that happens to be black and yet he isn't on any of the mutant black ops teams ???? Why? I love that he has an aggressive kind of TK.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No Netflix had one with Mary J Blige and I want to say Jason Mitchell was in it. Mudbound.

How did that work out for Black Panther since 2016?
    How did that work for Cyborg at DC?
    Or Static in New 52? Now his black person was an editor before he got one for the last 2 issues.
    Chuck Clayton on Riverdale?

I don't trust all black writers. I have seen black men DESTROYED at the hands of black writers.

This is what happens when your writers are DIVERSE. You had folks of different races on all those shows. In some cases like Cosby Show-one guy lead the direction.

Here is some A Different World Trivia
    "Mammy Dearest" In the wake of her breakup with Dwayne, Whitley organizes an exhibit on images of black women through history, but Kim is troubled by the inclusion of "Mammy" artifacts. Lena discovers that one of Whitley's black antebellum ancestors owned slaves.
    Dean Cain's episode on that show.
    White writers.

Find writers who can do the job regardless of race. Because there are some black writers I would NEVER want them to touch any black male in X-Men let alone Marvel or DC or Milestone or any comic book company.

Tyler Perry is number one on that list.
    You know I'm down with 99% of the post bruh! That one percent divergence is on the Cyborg point, only because Walker was taking the character in a great direction until editorial wanted to keep Vic in the tin can look, and not the full black flesh aesthetic Walker was taking him toward! Funny enough it's still relevant to this conversation.

I would really to see Sunspot rise in prominence. Hickman using him was nice and his humor was fabulous but I didn't really appreciate just leaving him in space.

Al Ewing set him up in an interesting position as a major power player with A.I.M., he really should be with X-Corp with Warren and Monet IMO.

Thank you! My one and only break from the X-Books was during this era so I'm not familiar with him. Hopefully we'll see him re-powered, and healed from his nightmare issues, on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Ev is gonna walk out of there as King of the Children of the Vault and ALL of us are going to praise him.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Thank you! My one and only break from the X-Books was during this era so I'm not familiar with him. Hopefully we'll see him re-powered, and healed from his nightmare issues, on Krakoa.

Ev is gonna walk out of there as King of the Children of the Vault and ALL of us are going to praise him.
    If the X-office had Hickman write THAT story I would give them the dap of Infinity! Love Synch and to see him be the boss character he should have been would be ecstatic! However, at the end of the day we are asking a leopard to change its spots. The office as an entity has a blindside to writing strong black male heroes as thread alludes to.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

I mean, what if it ends up being Darwin instead
    Last edited by Will Evans; 08-04-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    If the X-office had Hickman write THAT story I would give them the dap of Infinity! Love Synch and to see him be the boss character he should have been would be ecstatic! However, at the end of the day we are asking a leopard to change its spots. The office as an entity has a blindside to writing strong black male heroes as thread alludes to.
    Yeah it's wishful thinking on my part because I've loved this character for a long time. But I will continue to pray.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    1,000 percent this disagree with this, You know better than anyone else bunch of these things aren't real attempts. Batman will get back to back God creative teams, Cyborg will get Ivan Reis for an arc then trash artists for the rest of the time. Static in the new 52 had one of the quick hooks I have ever seen. Black Panther actual sold well with Coates but again were was the attempts to bring in great artists as well. I have rarely seen a project with a black character handle well the lone exceptions have Bendis projects Miles and Naomi, and I guess you can put his Luke Cage in that mix. And that happens because he(Bendis) has level control that rarely afford to black creators and he always back up with great talent and he knows he has a long leash to work with it so he can develop his character slow. Seriously Naomi doesn't have a superhero name yet that how much leash he has that can build his characters for multiple issues without set superhero name.

Characters get destroyed in hands of white writers all the time as well. Tom King did a hatch job on Wally West but he did so with amazing art and full support of DC. Point me out a Black Writer "destroying" a black character doing that? Then we can have a real convo.
    He did. He gave you four examples, in fact.