Page 130 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2172

Synch should have representation when it doesn't bother Laura, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Being dead still don't justify it, sorry but x-men books have been telling romance to make guys look good and abandoning the female characters POV. it is not fair build anything at the expense of a female character, one of the most successful from marvel.

it is disrespectiful, she went so far and still doesn't earn the respect from male writers
    And the X-Men have been telling stories to make white characters look good for just as long. I understand that you’re hurt or whatever but coming to the thread about black representation and spouting this stuff shows a complete lack of perspective.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I like Laura the most out of these 3 characters but Synch needed this due to his absence compared to Ms. "I Had Multiple Solo Runs".

I still don't get the problem with the random hook-up in a series where people randomly hook up.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    And the X-Men have been telling stories to make white characters look good for just as long. I understand that you’re hurt or whatever but coming to the thread about black representation and spouting this stuff shows a complete lack of perspective.
    But put all the blame on Laura and discard her is not a good look. just proves that people aren't seeking a intersection representation. for me this kind of representation is worthless

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Synch should have representation when it doesn't bother Laura, I guess.
    yes, she shouldn't suffer for him

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I like Laura the most out of these 3 characters but Synch needed this due to his absence compared to Ms. "I Had Multiple Solo Runs".
    *and a starring role in a movie with multiple awards nominations*

But no guys Laura is ruined because *gasp* she might fall in love with a black man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    *and a starring role in a movie with multiple awards nominations*

But no guys Laura is ruined because *gasp* she might fall in love with a black man.
    sure use some sarcasm. My critics are very good and on point, better do some joke

sure use some sarcasm. My critics are very good and on point, better do some joke
    I think it is other people who decide if your critics are good or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think it is other people who decide if your critics are good or not.
    It's not like people here will ever say that haha

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But why would Laura be the POV character or get any pov when she would have no memory of what happened, same with Darwin. That makes absolutely no sense. Now if in a few issues they are together and Laura has no POV your on to something but this feels like an extreme reach. The story is literally being told from the perspective of the lone survivor.
    Stop reading the book and using logic.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Laura has nothing to do with these examples. Like i said, I doubt if bishop was build over Cyclops expense people would be happy. Jubilee and Monet are POC too

It's just that women are easy targets.
    Of course people wouldn't be happy. Because as you're showing, black characters should never come before white characters apparently, even if they could use the focus over the white characters who have had numerous solos, movies, and leading roles. because apparently, they are only allowed to lead while the PoC support. lol

The second the focus goes to the minority person or group, THEN folks wanna complain. Like the All Lives Matter & Blue Lives Matter Movements popping up when BLM started opposing Systemic Racism.

It's not like people here will ever say that haha
    Your critique isn't a critique. Your not saying the issue wasn't good because it was told from Synch point of view and you didn't like that because of legitimate reasons in the story. You are saying the entire story should be changed and laura made the focal point just so you could see her point of view. Not to mention hickman started it off last issue by in fact saying things are seen from different perspectives, letting us know he was narrowing in on synch's since then.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Of course people wouldn't be happy. Because as you're showing, black characters should never come before white characters apparently, even if they could use the focus over the white characters who have had numerous solos, movies, and leading roles. because apparently, they are only allowed to lead while the PoC support. lol

The second the focus goes to the minority person or group, THEN folks wanna complain. Like the All Lives Matter & Blue Lives Matter Movements popping up when BLM started opposing Systemic Racism.
    The problem is using women for that, that x-men have been missing writing them well. X-men have been putting men on pedestals. I said before call me when they do these with male characters. For now they are just switching one minority over another. (yes female characters are a minority on comics and this issue proved that)

Maybe try to focus without screwing other characters that have even more fans.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Your critique isn't a critique. Your not saying the issue wasn't good because it was told from Synch point of view and you didn't like that because of legitimate reasons in the story. You are saying the entire story should be changed and laura made the focal point just so you could see her point of view. Not to mention hickman started it off last issue by in fact saying things are seen from different perspectives, letting us know he was narrowing in on synch's since then.
    I said more things beyond the POV. What bothered me was how Laura was used to prop Synch
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-31-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Why would you choose this thread of all threads to complain about a black character getting focus

Feels like there's little reason to do that other than try to piss people off

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Why would you choose this thread of all threads to complain about a black character getting focus
    Seems like totally the wrong wall to climb but here we are. The X-23 thread is right there. It comes off as manipulating a story in to which a man of color was elevated as being a story in which a man of color was elevated on the back of a woman and as such it should be inherently wrong. When the actual story was told from the perspective of the lone survivor who is not a telepath and could not tell us the pov of other characters.

It may not be intentional but it comes off as sinister.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post

Feels like there's little reason to do that other than try to piss people off
    The problem isnt a black man getting focus, it is how badly it was done.

Aaron didn't needed to screw over anyone to make Black Panther and Blade two of the stars of his avengers book