Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Astonishing Member

I love Duggan's Jean. Her playing the mediator and voice of reason just fits. But I'm sure the choice to lose their teenage son is still weighing heavy on her as well.

This discussion should involve rachel as well, she’s one of the pillars of cable’s far future timeline
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This discussion should involve rachel as well, she’s one of the pillars of cable’s far future timeline
    That's a divergent Rachel though. Current Rachel has some lingering memories of being Mother Askani, but Cable's future being constantly changing caused her to also be sent to Gaunt's future. It should involve Rachel because they're siblings.

As an aside, there's no way Stryfe gets dealt with here - and if he does, it'll probably really messy. I do wonder if he'll be present in Hickman's Inferno or if he'll be someone that Cable has to deal with after Last Annihitaion.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I love Duggan's Jean. Her playing the mediator and voice of reason just fits. But I'm sure the choice to lose their teenage son is still weighing heavy on her as well.
    Maybe she doesn’t have to. I still think somehow Kid Cable got replaced by a Stryfe clone and doesn’t even know it.

Not sure if that means the original Kid Cable already went back to the future or what, though. Guess we’ll find out. But that scene in X of Swords where he nicks the thumb on his left hand with glass, and it shows as flesh and blood and is bleeding which Apocalypse notices… I just don’t think it was an artist mistake.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 06-24-2021 at 02:42 PM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yes. It's like I was just posted on Jean's thread: it's not the first time that Jean is shown to be more practical while Scott is more emotional when it comes to their family. It's so interesting because it's usually the other way around, but when you consider their family backgrounds, it makes sense. :)

EDIT: And that doesn't mean it's not heavy on her. But it's like she understands, perhaps in an sub-conscious level, that she has to act differently than her normal for everyone's sake.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-24-2021 at 02:47 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Maybe she doesn’t have to. I still think somehow Kid Cable got replaced by a Stryfe clone and doesn’t even know it.

Not sure if that means the original Kid Cable already went back to the future or what, though. Guess we’ll find out. But that scene in X of Swords where he nicks the thumb on his left hand with glass, and it shows as flesh and blood and is bleeding which Apocalypse notices… I just don’t think it was an artist mistake.
    Ehhh I highly doubt they've spent this much time building up Kid Cable just for the the twist to be "It was Stryfe all along!!!" That would literally cheapin every interaction he's had with his family since Krakoa started.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Love this from now on Charles and Erik are the "helmet bros" to me

Nice, we are getting Old man Cable back but I get the feeling we may keep young Cable, not sure about it but I could see them making an exception for them or Old man Cable could get back from one of the futures.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-24-2021 at 03:00 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    That's a divergent Rachel though. Current Rachel has some lingering memories of being Mother Askani, but Cable's future being constantly changing caused her to also be sent to Gaunt's future. It should involve Rachel because they're siblings.

As an aside, there's no way Stryfe gets dealt with here - and if he does, it'll probably really messy. I do wonder if he'll be present in Hickman's Inferno or if he'll be someone that Cable has to deal with after Last Annihitaion.
    There is only 1 rachel, no alternatives, no variations……check uncanny x-men house of m issues, rachel and betsy spent time in the white hot room……it’s written by Loremaster Claremont
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

It's possible, since the issue was written by Duggan himself and he normally edits the text once the art is ready. If it wasn't intentional, they could have mirrored the image and made him get the cut on his right thumb instead. Besides, Apocalypse watching it seems very deliberately.

But it's possible no one saw the mistake too... In terms of story it would make more sense that he isn't a clone.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Did they misspell "your" as "yuir" in Proteus line there?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Did they misspell "your" as "yuir" in Proteus line there?
    Well Proteus is supposed to have an accent isn't he? I don't think it's a misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    It's possible, since the issue was written by Duggan himself and he normally edits the text once the art is ready. If it wasn't intentional, they could have mirrored the image and made him get the cut on his right thumb instead. Besides, Apocalypse watching it seems very deliberately.

But it's possible no one saw the mistake too... In terms of story it would make more sense that he isn't a clone.
    Exactly. It’s possible. Or just an artist mistake that nobody caught. Guess we’ll find out.

I prefer elder Cable but I have to say I find the Summers being more of a familiar unit very refreshing.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    There is only 1 rachel, no alternatives, no variations……check uncanny x-men house of m issues, rachel and betsy spent time in the white hot room……it’s written by Loremaster Claremont
    That has actually been contracted since then. For example, back during Secret Wars, there were 2 different Rachels on 2 separate territories of Battleworld.