Page 72 of 145 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2172

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Bishop’s Aborigine heritage is a cheap addition to a character than needs less cheap treatment.

Also, Manifold exists.
    Ugh Yes! This!
    I was gonna change my Avatar to manifold...now it'll just
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Consisting He comes from a culture 1000 years from now Its likely I don't know his culture but hopefully a thousand years from now Aboriginals aren't as disenfranchised as today. And he left there when he was 3 years old and soon his parents died. He didn't have much of a chance to gain cultural habits but tbh his cultural background was never really beyond Black Cop from future not named Cable
    So In Bishop's case Yeah.

I guess I'm not getting what specifically you think should be built on? His cultural background? Yeah I'm down if you referring to the stuff in the mini.....

Dude whhaaaat? Those 2 dudes from Crocodile Dundee? I Love them! Rabbit proof fence was a reeeeeeal eFFIN messed up movie...
    but FRFR I emphasize hard with Aborigines no disrespect to their culture that was definitely not my intention+++ it's not even remotely implied

I've been High before but the leaps you're taking as you jump to all these conclusions must be stratospheric

What history have I forgotten? lol

I wanna know tons more about him Beast and Deadpool
    All fair points. Except Bishop was from 80 years in the future, actually born 50 years into the future. Cable is from 1000 years in the future. I agree that in 1000 years, a lot of things would be laid to rest. I can't speak for Aboriginal people in that regard but I'll run the assumption you are correct, wouldn't this be an ideal place to educate people of the plight of aboriginal people today and of the atrocities commited by the people who settled here?

Look I did not intend that to be an attack leveled at you, I just get utterly infuriated when people claim to be on the side of minorities and getting them represented but ignore smaller less vocal minorities.

When I defend aboriginal people, I defend them for a few reasons, aside from having a care for all people regardless of cultural background and I believe when a oppertunity arises to celebrate and bring into light a culture that is so downtrodden there is a responsibility to these cultures to treat them with the utmost importance. But also whites tried to erase their culture, like it was nothing. Every time Bishops aboriginal past is ignored, regardless of how bad the mini was or shoe horned in the idea was, inadvertently this crime is committed, EVERY TIME.
    Also I have an aboriginal daughter, so yeah I guess it is a little personal. But please, rabbit proof fence is a good start but you need to do some reading on the subject. Believe it or not, it's even worse then I even have explained nor do I have eloquence to convey this horrifying story. Also it's a long one.

The thing I fear is there is a kind of "privilege ladder" that determined what cultures get talked about and which ones become minority of the week, as determined by the media and people get an almost "racial tunnel vision" and as a result one group of people can be swept aside like they nothing. Isn't that a form of soft racism? That truly scares me.

But there is a simple solution to all this, you could call attention to his Aboriginal heritage, (which is what from the mini I was referring to) and show the similarities suffered by both African Americans and the aboriginal peoples of Australia. Have him talk to an African American about it. Might even be interesting enough to sell a few comics.
    “I am the ultimate hunter, come from the future to destroy you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Why bother with pesky minorities when Cable can have his 30th failed solo.

Bishop’s Aborigine heritage is a cheap addition to a character than needs less cheap treatment.

Also, Manifold exists.
    They never really did anything with that heritage. Not a good retcon, and yes Manifold works better as he was raised as aborigen.
    Also having dark skin shouldn't be interchangeable, Bishop was always drawn to look african american and not aborigen

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Why bother with pesky minorities when Cable can have his 30th failed solo.
    LOL right?
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-16-2020 at 06:50 AM.

So if I’m reading the facts right, Bishop doesn’t even know about his heritage because his parents died long before they could explain what his heritage means. So he grew up “black” and then grew up mutant after they discovered his talents and scarred him.

But let’s have him bridge the gap between Aborigines and Africans.

So if I’m reading the facts right, Bishop doesn’t even know about his heritage because his parents died long before they could explain what his heritage means. So he grew up “black” and then grew up mutant after they discovered his talents and scarred him.

But let’s have him bridge the gap between Aborigines and Africans.
    any heritage or culture Bishop may have had was somewhat stolen from him by humans. he grew up Mutant. and he was raised X.S.E. i could be wrong. but i doubt that he thinks much about being black. maybe it was different for Shard. she does have that blonde hair. it's rare that we ever see black female mutants with natural hair.

Also, Manifold exists.
    i have a feeling that it was done so a) Claremont could give him the time-related secondary mutation and b) because of Shard (they never did explain why she has long blonde hair).

I’m white AF but aren’t the only black folks who don’t think think of themselves as black multi-millionaires? I know you didn’t compare Bishop to OJ.

Time-related secondary mutations aside, MY POINT is that BISHOP is the protagonist. Why is it we have a flashback of his parents’ trauma but have nothing to go on regarding BISHOP’s childhood, adolescence or young adulthood. It’s almost as if HE doesn’t matter, and his origins DO.

I’m white AF but aren’t the only black folks who don’t think think of themselves as black multi-millionaires? I know you didn’t compare Bishop to OJ.

Time-related secondary mutations aside, MY POINT is that BISHOP is the protagonist. Why is it we have a flashback of his parents’ trauma but have nothing to go on regarding BISHOP’s childhood, adolescence or young adulthood. It’s almost as if HE doesn’t matter, and his origins DO.

First of all, thanks for the jpgs.

Second, where is Larry Stroman nowadays? That man had STYLE.

First of all, thanks for the jpgs.

Second, where is Larry Stroman nowadays? That man had STYLE.
    last time i saw him do anything marvel was a variant cover of Thunderbolts (when Luke Cage was running the Raft).

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post

Look I did not intend that to be an attack leveled at you, I just get utterly infuriated when people claim to be on the side of minorities and getting them represented but ignore smaller less vocal minorities.

When I defend aboriginal people, I defend them for a few reasons, aside from having a care for all people regardless of cultural background and I believe when a oppertunity arises to celebrate and bring into light a culture that is so downtrodden there is a responsibility to these cultures to treat them with the utmost importance. But also whites tried to erase their culture, like it was nothing. Every time Bishops aboriginal past is ignored, regardless of how bad the mini was or shoe horned in the idea was, inadvertently this crime is committed, EVERY TIME.
    Also I have an aboriginal daughter, so yeah I guess it is a little personal. But please, rabbit proof fence is a good start but you need to do some reading on the subject. Believe it or not, it's even worse then I even have explained nor do I have eloquence to convey this horrifying story. Also it's a long one.
    No worries. I mean you never know the tone of people's posts lol Whats so crazy Im a lil read up on the AA's ever since that movie Rescuers Down Under I've been into Australia. As I got older Fvckin broke my heart learning about the stolen kids. Soooo now I understand a lil more the significance of his cultural and the insinuation made when it gets ignored. Cool about your daughter tho! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    But there is a simple solution to all this, you could call attention to his Aboriginal heritage, (which is what from the mini I was referring to) and show the similarities suffered by both African Americans and the aboriginal peoples of Australia. Have him talk to an African American about it. Might even be interesting enough to sell a few comics.
    But is it tho? One the hand minority chars always talking about their race/sexuality/gender are IMHO pretty useless. Also it just doesn't ring realistic or authentic at all. Has he ever been to Australia? jk
    but FRFR
    He was born in that camp till Gambit found him and raised him for a while...in NY I think + that big M scar It was like stop and frisk x100 He looked like a Black (American) dude was treated thusly why would his culture be any different than an Actual BA?I remember that scene from TAS or an actual comic book issue he and Storm travel to the past and get treated the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i have a feeling that it was done so a) Claremont could give him the time-related secondary mutation and b) because of Shard (they never did explain why she has long blonde hair).
    In the future Perms and hair coloring are super advanced.
    Claremont really fvcked attached AA on Bishop. I'm super down with reppin your ethnicity. At the same time nullifying the experiences of the only other Black "AA"And then just not really say or do sh!t with it?? Just super unawares lol smh
    I get drunker on St Patrick's Day cause my grandpa was from Ireland but I don't particularly feel attached to it (I do love The Cranberries tho)
    No
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

Ok tons of affective.. Now back to Prodigy and Ev getting some love in these streets.. Y'all think we gonna get some power feats from Ev or even Darwin(not that he needs anymore in the comics..now the movies that is an entire new conversation)?

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Ok tons of affective.. Now back to Prodigy and Ev getting some love in these streets.. Y'all think we gonna get some power feats from Ev or even Darwin(not that he needs anymore in the comics..now the movies that is an entire new conversation)?
    Ha Darwin barely got his 'feet' in the movie lol

Big ass Rainbow splattered power feats from Synch would be dope
    GrindrStone(D)