Page 40 of 145 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

I want Hijack and his ATL hottie to appear again. We had a numerous examples of X-Men with their pale Flatscan Lovers it'd be sooo damn refreshing to add some color to the Mutant jungle fever. If they had some time displaced kids also soooo tired of the only mutants coming from future or alternate timelines being whiter than Macklemore

But really and ugh annoyed this is still a thing but we need more AA X-Men in eFFin general. What did introducing the NuPyro add? Why not... reveal he's Black and use Match? Shiiiiiid just more AA mutants in general.. every couple of years we get an Asian gang of Mutants like the Mardipoor Mutants in Gen X, the Mutants working for the Chinese government that the collective man was a part of, and more recently the young Mutants found in X-MEN Blue. Why hasn't there been a gang of urban back Mutants???
    GrindrStone(D)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I want Hijack and his ATL hottie to appear again. We had a numerous examples of X-Men with their pale Flatscan Lovers it'd be sooo damn refreshing to add some color to the Mutant jungle fever. If they had some time displaced kids also soooo tired of the only mutants coming from future or alternate timelines being whiter than Macklemore

But really and ugh annoyed this is still a thing but we need more AA X-Men in eFFin general. What did introducing the NuPyro add? Why not... reveal he's Black and use Match?
    Match in place of Pyro 2.0 indeed could have been fun. He's young already (unlike Pyro, who had to be de-aged from 40-something), and his ethnicity is ambiguous (since he's been described as black, but once an artist depicted him as white, which could just be called an error).

More than one black character at a time would be neat. Not just Bishop and Storm, but also a few more, like Frenzy and Gentle, or Tempo and Match, or Synch, Cecilia, Monet, etc.

Mighty Member

But really and ugh annoyed this is still a thing but we need more AA X-Men in eFFin general. What did introducing the NuPyro add? Why not... reveal he's Black and use Match? Shiiiiiid just more AA mutants in general.. every couple of years we get an Asian gang of Mutants like the Mardipoor Mutants in Gen X, the Mutants working for the Chinese government that the collective man was a part of, and more recently the young Mutants found in X-MEN Blue. Why hasn't there been a gang of urban back Mutants???
    Yeah, Hijack is interesting.. He is a man of color, Black girl friend but we dont know his exact ethnic or racial group... Sometimes he is a light skinned Stef Curry type dude in my head, other times he is multracial( south asian, latinx), latinx mix, etc. Yeah the one thing that Dark PHX did right was make Match Black.. I really hope they invest in characters of color.. Tempo, Sway and Risque need some love.

Hickman should create a “Morlocks” title and make it young POC gang in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    That'd be cool but I could see that being too easily open to stereotypical writing.
    Wouldn't mind seeing something like what ult. Sunspot mentioned in ultimate X-Men not necessarily in NYC
    GrindrStone(D)

. Why hasn't there been a gang of urban back Mutants???
    That would require Marvel editors and writers to not burning down a perfectly good setting to make mutants "feel" like a minority. Something like mutant town/district X would have been perfect for a story for characters like that but that require the highers up to realize that millions of mutants in a world with billions is minority and you don't have to get rid of Genosha or Mutant town to make the X-men feel special but hey at least Hickman gets this fact.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Interesting...
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 12-13-2019 at 09:11 PM.

Kinda surprised about some.... I still want my AA mutants NOW !
    GrindrStone(D)

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    To jalsrix or anyone else who wants to say that Sunspot isn't black:

While I agree that Roberto is black, I'd prefer not using the opinions of a racist soccer player as evidence. Racists are idiots who are frequently misinformed about anything actually pertaining to the science of genetics. So offering evidence that Roberto is black because he was attacked by a racist, feels wrong. You can just point out that his dad is black as hell.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    While I agree that Roberto is black, I'd prefer not using the opinions of a racist soccer player as evidence. Racists are idiots who are frequently misinformed about anything actually pertaining to the science of genetics. So offering evidence that Roberto is black because he was attacked by a racist, feels wrong. You can just point out that his dad is black as hell.
    Yeah, well pointing out his dad’s blackness wasn’t working for people. I needed a page that specifically showed Roberto being called BLACK. Antiblackness is tied to his X-Gene activating and that’s a lot harder to deny. If you have a better way that’s sure to shut down arguments surrounding whether or not Roberto is black then by all means..
    Last edited by Tycon; 12-12-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Well we need writers that first, have good fundamental writing ability. Second, ensure said writer is made aware that they're being paid for quality work. Finally assign them the task of incorporating at least 2 black male mutants into well crafted event, withthem featured prominently alongside other important characters. This shouldn't be that difficult. Hickman could easily placed Synch and someone like Jesse Bedlam in very important roles in his books, or even set up to be in other books. When he did scenes of future mutants, he could came up with a completely new black male mutant that someone would look at and see potential to bring into another book someway. Being deliberate is key!

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Yeah, well pointing out his dad’s blackness wasn’t working for people. I needed a page that specifically showed Roberto being called BLACK. Antiblackness is tied to his X-Gene activating and that’s a lot harder to deny. If you have a better way that’s sure to shut down arguments surrounding whether or not Roberto is black then by all means..
    You have a point. Respect.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Well are you going to say the obvious answer?

I believe:
    1/3 of them are ugly as in "perversion of form" or "I wouldn't trade my real life for that, power-set"
    1/3 of them are Zany... "Rainbow color spectrum field with with a burger king colored suit, and generic bald black guy look", and "My power is my that my sweat is acid", "Oh, my intestines are sentient war machines."
    Even the power to heal... while cool, isn't exactly the superhuman lottery imho (my opinion, I don't want to hear about how awesome it is, I know I'd just rather be phoenix, thanks)

The rest have never been on the UNCANNY X-TEAM, they've been on derivative x-groups but.... it doesn't have the same reach.

Then there is Robert.

Sunspot is black.

Some might argue, "bi-racial" but every effort to disassociate him from the black struggle because he's brazilian, should immediately cause you to raise an eye at that person.
    Thats NOT the one drop rule at play, its his first appearance that ensconced him as such, SO much and SOOO HARD that he actyally managed to stay darkskinned for decades *success*
    but the reason he's SO important is the Brazilian governments actions in the Favela the past years.

The afro-brazillians have been dealing with a genocide for a few years now and erasure of the sunspots dark skin is SUPER in line with that issue.

https://www.google.com/search?q=afro...=1920&bih=1007
    ^ Just to save the you the research at least check out the titles^

Sunspot should be the leader of the X-men. Period.
    Trained by Cable. Trained by Gideon. Brought into the hellfire club. Brought onto the Avengers. Bought A.I.M. Raised at the foot of Xaviers dream.

He's Superman, or Hyperion level, the older he gets the more powerful he becomes which is likely why the externals sought him out for sooo long.... before some writer decided that. "Oops it should be cannonball that lives forever, and goes on to lead the struggle." Even the whole Reignfire thing was him, or at least based of his genetics.

Sunspot has caught on and if there weren't ALREADY plans for Cyclops to come back you could literally have the X-men be lead by a "BLACK MALE", but think... since he's masculine, straight, and dark skinned... he is far to great a threat to the "Status Quo" of the X-men. Jesus, what if Jean kisses HIM? Or maddy or Rachel, or manic pixie X-girl.
    The effects of the utter and absolute fear of black male hetero-sexuality cannot be understated in the american diaspora. So I'm shipping him with Illyana. . .

Sunspot, Illyana, Madrox. A.I.M 2019

More seriously thought.... If they can't give us an Uncanny X-title or X-men... Lead by Sunspot in 2019 after all the other things he's done this last few years? Its because they don't want, what you want in their books. -M_v
    Awesome post.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hickman could easily placed Synch and someone like Jesse Bedlam in very important roles in his books, or even set up to be in other books. When he did scenes of future mutants, he could came up with a completely new black male mutant that someone would look at and see potential to bring into another book someway.
    Yes all this!
    In my high opinion...when creating any character that's not a straight white dude writers Begin with the idea that....
    This shouldn't be that difficult.
    And for all the best of intentions if they forget
    Being deliberate is key!
    Than it's all for naught
    Yeah, well poi1nting out his dad’s blackness wasn’t working for people. I needed a page that specifically showed Roberto being called BLACK. Antiblackness is tied to his X-Gene activating and that’s a lot harder to deny. If you have a better way that’s sure to shut down arguments surrounding whether or not Roberto is black then by all means..
    Lol lawd sometimes this ain't even enough....look at the way he's been cast in the films. If it wasn't such an obvious racial IDGAF it'd be funny

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Hmmmm maybe....but if it's one thing racists excell in is identifying and calling out who's black lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Why haven't any of the Black Male X-men caught on other than Bishop?
    They didn't think about it? Artistic vision is personal. Editorial line is the matter of the publisher, though…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe