Page 101 of 145 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2172
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post

While interracial relationships are fine, the biggest issue is that for Marvel and most media forms interracial relationships center whitness. Its always White and Black or Latinx or Asian or Indigenous. We dont often get interracial relationships with out a white person in them. Furthermore, if you look at the Black characters currently in relationships right now my point is proven. Also Black people actually want to see Black characters in relationships with other Black people. I especially want to see this with Queer Black characters. Think about Queer Black characters ... how many of them are with a Black person?
    I see what you're saying. I do feel interracial couples don't get enough promotion seeing as how they're increasing in the real worls, but neither do single race PoC couples. And you're right, there needs to be interracial couples not involving white people (although wasn't Storm part of one?).

It would help if teams had many black characters of both sexes, as well as giving PoC love interests to white heroes. The default romance for white heroes shouldn't just be monoracial

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think it's wrong to have no all black couples when there are so many all white couples.

But I also think it's wrong to make black characters date mainly or exclusively black characters (same with white characters too), especially with how black characters are often not considered for romances in fiction period
    I don’t think either option is “wrong” and the solution is really just to highlight more black characters so that you have some same race relationships and some interracial relationships.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I don’t think either option is “wrong” and the solution is really just to highlight more black characters so that you have some same race relationships and some interracial relationships.
    Agreed. I think also fewer all-white couples. There's no reason a white hero has to automatically have a white love interest, especially when PoC heroes aren't generally allowed the same

I think it's wrong to have no all black couples when there are so many all white couples.

But I also think it's wrong to make black characters date mainly or exclusively black characters (same with white characters too), especially with how black characters are often not considered for romances in fiction period
    Speak on it.

More black x-couples!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Speak on it.

More black x-couples!
    Agreed. As other have pointed out, most X-men teams don't have a huge number of black people on them at once. That needs to change. Because otherwise it just looks like the writers forcing the two black characters together while the 50 white people can chose from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Yeah....no.

I need some hair on my kings head.
    I can cosign on that. Black men like everyone else on the planet, will change their looks up in a moment. Too many black artist out there that get it, and would clean up many of the current artist on books right now.

Ultimate Member

Agreed. As other have pointed out, most X-men teams don't have a huge number of black people on them at once. That needs to change. Because otherwise it just looks like the writers forcing the two black characters together while the 50 white people can chose from each other.
    One of many reasons I'd like to see more Bishop, Synch, Bedlam, Darwin, Gentle, Kidogo, Tag (well, not so much Tag, I like the character, but his powers bored me), etc. is so that there can be some variety. Some mixed couples and some not.

Eden/Manifold and Joanna/Frenzy have shown some chemistry in this latest issue of SWORD, but that doesn't mean they have to be a couple, and she's historically only been with one (white) dude before, as she even mentions in the issue.

David Alleyne, over in X-Factor, seems to have gone from an Asian girl to a white boy, so there's a bit more mixing it up.

And then there's poor Slick. I wonder if he lucked out and got Decimated by Wanda and got to turn into a real boy? I think he'd rather look like he chose to in his illusionary guise *for real* than be a floppy-footed two-foot tall dwarf who can project an illusion of being a six foot handsome dude. That would be an odd story in the Age of Krakoa. Someone who didn't want their mutant power back, if it came with their old fugly appearance (and the inability to grab anything from a countertop, or see over a steering wheel, or eat at the grown-ups table, because he was too damn short!)...

Extraordinary Member

On the one hand, it would be odd if every Black mutant was related but also in the same breath we need Black mutants to have families (parents, siblings, cousins). Like I like that the St. Croix are a Black mutant family, I am happy that Bedlam and King Bedlam are brothers, I wish Storm has at the very least had some mutant relatives from the Munroe side of her family.
    I always felt that Storm should have mutant cousins from Kenya, and America.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I can cosign on that. Black men like everyone else on the planet, will change their looks up in a moment. Too many black artist out there that get it, and would clean up many of the current artist on books right now.
    Exactly, im tired of seeing bald black men in comics just because most current artists...aren't black. The need for black writers, artists and editors is severe.

I wish Storm has at the very least had some mutant relatives from the Munroe side of her family.
    Did Spike make into the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

And then there's poor Slick. I wonder if he lucked out and got Decimated by Wanda and got to turn into a real boy? I think he'd rather look like he chose to in his illusionary guise *for real* than be a floppy-footed two-foot tall dwarf who can project an illusion of being a six foot handsome dude. That would be an odd story in the Age of Krakoa. Someone who didn't want their mutant power back, if it came with their old fugly appearance (and the inability to grab anything from a countertop, or see over a steering wheel, or eat at the grown-ups table, because he was too damn short!)...
    YAS I looocef Slick he totally shoulda been featured instead of QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yeah about 26 years ago...as Marrow
    GrindrStone(D)

what is going on with Maggott now? Are his powers upgraded at all? Is his background clarified?

sidebar: Sunspot and Luke Cage meet, and near as I can tell, it's for the first time ever (which to me, is kind of shameful)
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-fist-luke-c...-with-sunspot/

is Prodigy still without powers?

I've been told that Windshear from 90s Alpha Flight is without powers and afflicted with Leukemia.

have any newer, non-teenage black male mutants made an impact in the past 20+ years?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yeah about 26 years ago...as Marrow
    Last edited by Micabe; 03-22-2021 at 05:41 AM.

Astonishing Member

No.
    But there was a character called The Spike in X-statix who if i recall right was a parody on the wannabe gangster stereotype. Considering how Spyke was walking "cool black kid with skateboard" stereotype for the first seasons of X-men Evolution, The Spike might have been a dig at that.
    He had no relation to Storm however.

In general unlike X-23 there was very little demand for Spyke in the comics. Everything he brought was allready filled with other characters. From the skateboard using black teen hero, over spike thrower, to carapace clad armored fighter.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    One of many reasons I'd like to see more Bishop, Synch, Bedlam, Darwin, Gentle, Kidogo, Tag (well, not so much Tag, I like the character, but his powers bored me), etc. is so that there can be some variety. Some mixed couples and some not.
    So does Bishop count as black considering he's Native Australian? Not disagreeing with you otherwise, because there should be more black heroes on one team at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    In general unlike X-23 there was very little demand for Spyke in the comics. Everything he brought was allready filled with other characters. From the skateboard using black teen hero, over spike thrower, to carapace clad armored fighter.
    Isn't that character Night Thrasher?