Page 122 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2172
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Well many Captain Marvel fans are happy that drama ended that relationship, they never liked Rhodey being with Carol for "reasons ". Some x-fans are already opposing any possible Synch and Laura relationship also for "reasons". Same old same old.
    What reasons are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Not all Captain Marvel fans, Rhodey and Carol has many fans. I was surprised by it. If KT floow her word and pull it off, Rhodey ad Carol will come back together stronger.
    Of course I still scratch my head why the hell Strange had to be there, too random.

Well I really didn't like how Laura and Synch started and how Hickman writes Laura. I think Laura work a lot better without it as her last 2 solos showed, not every character needs a romance. It's very unique how Gabby fills what would be a romance.
    I think many fans got trauma from teen Angel
    Really random

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

shipping should never be a diversity/representation thing.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    shipping should never be a diversity/representation thing.
    I'm not following you

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'm not following you
    Pushing for two characters to get paired up shouldn't be framed as something done for representation.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Pushing for two characters to get paired up shouldn't be framed as something done for representation.
    Shipping is done for all sorts of questionable reasons. Diversity doesn't seem to be nearly as problematic

I mean as much as I like Synch and Darwin it can't be denined that they are seriously tough to write because of their power set. One is able to mimic the powers of anyone around him and the other can create a power out of no where to get him out of trouble. Those are two powerset really hard to write around.

Then you have Bishop who let's be honest doesn't really have an active power it's a passive one that makes him absorb energy. That's not hard to write around.

So maybe they should focus on Black male characters that are not super OP and try to get them more popular so that they are more willing to use that character in the future.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I mean as much as I like Synch and Darwin it can't be denined that they are seriously tough to write because of their power set. One is able to mimic the powers of anyone around him and the other can create a power out of no where to get him out of trouble. Those are two powerset really hard to write around.

Then you have Bishop who let's be honest doesn't really have an active power it's a passive one that makes him absorb energy. That's not hard to write around.

So maybe they should focus on Black male characters that are not super OP and try to get them more popular so that they are more willing to use that character in the future.
    True, but if OP heroes like Carol Danvers and Wanda Maximoff can get romances, these guys could get it too, right? Not that I'm necessarily disagreeing with you

Huh? If this were the case only popular heros would be street level. Why is being OP not a problem for SuperMan, Hulk, Thor etc...All incredibly powerful yet are popular movie draws. The latest in OP characters on TV and movies The Pretender and the karate fighting, sword slashing unkillable Deadpool. How do you write a compelling story about good vs evil when the hero doesn't have to worry about getting wounded or killed? Somehow they've managed to produce 2 hit movies
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

How is writing for Synch and Darwin any more difficult than writing for Rogue or Hope? Or any omega level mutant for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Huh? If this were the case only popular heros would be street level. Why is being OP not a problem for SuperMan, Hulk, Thor etc...All incredibly powerful yet are popular movie draws. The latest in OP characters on TV and movies The Pretender and the karate fighting, sword slashing unkillable Deadpool. How do you write a compelling story about good vs evil when the hero doesn't have to worry about getting wounded or killed? Somehow they've managed to produce 2 hit movies
    Most of the people you just named are solo acts not team players. The X-men/mutants outside of Logan are almost always going to be in teams. Unless you want every threat the mutants to face to always be planet level threats like the Justice league or Avengers have to deal with that's not going to last.
    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    How is writing for Synch and Darwin any more difficult than writing for Rogue or Hope? Or any omega level mutant for that matter.
    Rogue needs to touch people otherwise she is basically just strong woman who flies. The handicap her power has for touch is easy to get around. Synch just needs to be around someone and it's over.

Hope was made as the savior of the mutant race but outside of that long story she hasn't done much either for the same reason as Synch. Heck even during this whole Dawn of X thing Hope has pretty much stayed around the 5 bringing mutants back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    True, but if OP heroes like Carol Danvers and Wanda Maximoff can get romances, these guys could get it too, right? Not that I'm necessarily disagreeing with you
    As for Wanda her power is so vague it's basically just magic so the writer can make it as strong or as weak as she wants them to be.

For Carol most of her history she was just Wonder Woman powerset wise like when she was Ms Marvel. It wasn't until recently that she turned into this OP comic level character

Ultimate Member

True, but I think any character at any power level can have a romance. IMO it's more about their behavior and emotional state

I think Synch is fine. He was written for a good long time in Generation X with appropriate limits to his powers. If anything, human based villains and robots are probably his major weaknesses and both of those are the main enemies of Krakoa right now. If there's not any superhuman powers in range to copy from, he's sort of screwed. unlike, say, Gideon

Darwin is a bit tougher but his power can be expressed in an creative ways. As it's portrayed so far, it's pretty wild and unpredictable. It's not a get out of jail free card in terms of solving an issue or winning a battle. Look at his fight with World War Hulk, his power decided the best way to keep him safe was to get him as far away from Hulk as possible. And with Krakoa, he was fused into another mutant and basically laid dormant for years. All his power is concerned with is keeping him alive, it's not interested in directly helping him to solve every situation ala deus ex machina.

But if a writer really insisted on pushing a black male with defined power limits there is always Sunspot, Gentle, or Prodigy. They are bit younger than the old guard but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburts
    Rogue needs to touch people otherwise she is basically just strong woman who flies. The handicap her power has for touch is easy to get around. Synch just needs to be around someone and it's over.
    Actually... well, despite Tini ignoring it, Rogue doesn't need to directly touch people to steal abilities anymore. She can take them from an area around her of 6 m.

But, as shown above, there is the handicap that she can't selectively absorb doing that so there's the limit of harming allies still.

As for Wanda her power is so vague it's basically just magic so the writer can make it as strong or as weak as she wants them to be.

For Carol most of her history she was just Wonder Woman powerset wise like when she was Ms Marvel. It wasn't until recently that she turned into this OP comic level character
    Carol was binary on 80s, she is pretty strong for some time

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

Actually... well, despite Tini ignoring it, Rogue doesn't need to directly touch people to steal abilities anymore. She can take them from an area around her of 6 m.

But, as shown above, there is the handicap that she can't selectively absorb doing that so there's the limit of harming allies still.
    This wasn't a temporary power up?
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-25-2021 at 07:50 PM.

Most of the people you just named are solo acts not team players. The X-men/mutants outside of Logan are almost always going to be in teams. Unless you want every threat the mutants to face to always be planet level threats like the Justice league or Avengers have to deal with that's not going to last.
    They're still pumping out Avengers and JLA stories tho :/
    Yes cause we've seen her unable to touch someone when it's needed but couldn't sooo many times :/
    And the writers of the original Gen X seemed to create stories in which Synch participated in but didn't Mary Sue the situation.
    Then you got CHARACTERS LIKE Jean Grey and QQ who can do a kinds of
    Fantastic things with within the same powerset
    GrindrStone(D)