Page 124 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2172

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Synch is OP and hard to write because what ever your power is becomes his power without touch. So unless he is fighting an enemy with no powers that is a huge headache to write around. You bring up Hope but look at what she is really doing in this era. She is chilling with the 5 not going out on mission and such because that would make logic really hard to write. All you would get is "why doesn't Hope just copy villain's powers"
    In no way Synch hard to write

A. The power that he uses belong to a character the writer is familiar with, So there is a clear pattern on how the power should work
    B. He has a clear weakness- Promixty and Mastery( probably quantity as well)
    C. They are other characters who had the same powers like Hope or Rogue, It is fair common power in fiction like Kakashi(Naruto) or Monoma(MHA). They all generally work the same

Saying Synch is hard to use feels funny to me given how popular the specific power is in fiction. They are several templates on how to do the power and how to limit it if they felt it was too powerful.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-26-2021 at 07:10 PM.

Yeah saying Synch is OP is silly and a copout IMO. He existed for 6 years before his death and in ont a single issue did he EVER come across as over powerful. Like what?

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Hope shouldn't even exist. We already have Rachel, Jean Grey and Synch, even Miimic
    Synch and Jean were dead when she was created and well Mimi has largely been irrelevant for the most part. The best relationship that Hope was being the daughter of Cable and the amount of character development she gave him isnt something you could have swapped in for any character.
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-26-2021 at 07:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah saying Synch is OP is silly and a copout IMO. He existed for 6 years before his death and in ont a single issue did he EVER come across as over powerful. Like what?

Synch and Jean were dead when she was created and well Mimi has largely been irrelevant for the most part. The best relationship that Hope was being the daughter of Cable and the amount of character development she gave him isnt something you could have swapped in for any character.
    Hell in GenX he almost seemed one of the weakest since he was routinely beaten up be racist bullies with Monet needing to save him at one point.

Extraordinary Member

Originally, Synch used aspects of another person's power without simply mimicking. That was where the rainbow aura came in. He could duplicate Victor Creed's mass, or the aura made him invulnerable when he was attacked by Penance. I also recall him using the aura as a mutant tracer. He also used the aura as a force blast when fighting a large, super strong opponent. Sync also used the powers the mutant he synced with differently. Sync could fly while Chamber could not, IIRC.

I can see Sync getting hand-to-hand training from Bishop and Cyclops. While fighting alongside Cyclops, Sync duplicates the optic energy, but channels the aura through his fists. Sync could function as a high-powered mutant Iron Fist.

It really is all about imagination with Sync.

The most OP character in comics is Batman. No one is taking his crown.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Hell in GenX he almost seemed one of the weakest since he was routinely beaten up be racist bullies with Monet needing to save him at one point.
    It was weird that Banshee never provided Sync with hand-to-hand training.

I thought it was great when Jesse Bedlam became an instant blackbelt.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    It was weird that Banshee never provided Sync with hand-to-hand training.

I thought it was great when Jesse Bedlam became an instant blackbelt.
    That was one of the ways of keeping him in check, I can't say that I like it but him not being good at fighting and functional useless without powers was one of the ways to keep him from being OP. This is why hearing he is hard to use is funny to me.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-26-2021 at 07:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Besides Sync & Bishop, I had high hopes for the Bedlam Brothers. I was certain at least one of them would make it big.

I loved the Bedlams during Age of Apocalypse. They were like the mutant version of the Steiner Brothers. I also enjoyed their 616 counterparts, especially their expanded powersets.

Its too bad Jesse never became a mainstay of X-Force. I loved him when he joined following the roadtrip era and he really could have been used in any of the modern incarnations of the team especially considering his powerset. Killing him when they did was a big mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    In no way Synch hard to write

A. The power that he uses belong to a character the writer is familiar with, So there is a clear pattern on how the power should work
    B. He has a clear weakness- Promixty and Mastery( probably quantity as well)
    C. They are other characters who had the same powers like Hope or Rogue, It is fair common power in fiction like Kakashi(Naruto) or Monoma(MHA). They all generally work the same

Saying Synch is hard to use feels funny to me given how popular the specific power is in fiction. They are several templates on how to do the power and how to limit it if they felt it was too powerful.
    All the people you named for you're part C have a clear weakness to their copy power. Kakashi has to see the justu and copy the hand signs. Monoma has to touch the person. Rogue has to touch the person, Hope only works on mutants and even then she is written out of most battle situations to keep her from causing to much chaos outside of her main run.

Synch doesn't have any of those weakness. The only way for him to be dealt with is either write him out of the situation or fight people with no powers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That was one of the ways of keeping him in check, I can't say that I like it but him not being good at fighting and functional useless without powers was one of the ways to keep him from being OP. This is why hearing he is hard to use is funny to me.
    If Cyclops can beat down grown men blindfolded, then Sync ought to be able to hold his own without being beaten into a coma.

Extraordinary Member

Its too bad Jesse never became a mainstay of X-Force. I loved him when he joined following the roadtrip era and he really could have been used in any of the modern incarnations of the team especially considering his powerset. Killing him when they did was a big mistake
    I enjoyed the road trip era, too. Plus, that team was quietly stacked with....diversity. Back in the 90s, X-Force & Gen-X were ahead of their time.

I enjoyed the road trip era, too. Plus, that team was quietly stacked with....diversity. Back in the 90s, X-Force & Gen-X were ahead of their time.
    Dude riiiight
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Synch doesn't have any of those weakness. The only way for him to be dealt with is either write him out of the situation or fight people with no powers.
    Synch has a range needed to use those powers, It is in the name he is in synch with them. It is how he died he wasn't range couldn't use the power. This how his power is written

He possesses an aura which allows him to be "in synch" with other superhumans in his immediate vicinity, thereby gaining any powers they possess. The powers Everett "synchs" will fade if the superhuman he is "in synch" with leaves the vicinity
    Synch is literally beaten by people with range powers stepping out of his range. Rogue, Hope and pretty much everybody else with the power doesn't have to fight worrying if the person gets too far away. It is very manageable power and like I said they pretty much had him be useless without his power to make the distance thing more effective.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-26-2021 at 08:31 PM.

This & they should’ve had made Terry a villain both should’ve been/should be heroes

If Cyclops can beat down grown men blindfolded, then Sync ought to be able to hold his own without being beaten into a coma.
    I agree but I would pick being able to hold powers longer than being a good fighter. Maybe even something like he can hold remnants of a power for use when he really needs it. But would have to be power he is commonly in contact with.