Page 13 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Maggot sucks.
    No he doesn't.
    He has his slugs do it for him

BANNED

Because old white men can't write a convincing black male character. Even though all you need to do is make a strong male character who just happens to be black.

It's be cool to have a black male Psychic.....telepaths tend to be suspiciously monochrome.

when is David going to use that device that he stole from the Hood/prevented the Hood from stealing?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It's be cool to have a black male Psychic.....telepaths tend to be suspiciously monochrome.
    Another reason for Shola to return! I'd totally read a Mekanix/New Mutants-toned book with a team of:

Dani Moonstar
    Sunspot
    Kitty Pryde
    Magik

About young adult X-Men trying to navigate a world that blends in real life and superheroic drama.

Lol, not to turn this post into a dream team post again; however, there are just so many underused ethnically diverse characters out there and I just want them to have a home. I am also the biggest fan of anything related to Genosha, which Shola has.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

there was that mystery army guy who helped free Professor X and Nina from a Zero Tolerance era secret prison. and there was also that dude (Noah, irrc) who used to partner with Zoe Culloden. I think he might be dead though. I used to think he was cool because he'd cameo in Uncanny X-Men and just grin knowingly at other characters.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    maybe the x-line's best shot at getting another black guy is to retcon the retcon that retconned the retcon that falcon is a mutant
    I never liked the idea of Sam being a mutant. Didn't the Cosmic Cube create the telepathic rapport between Falcon and Redwing? That part of the origin should remain canon. But neither is the origin that I want, which would be for the Marvel folks to establish that Sam and Redwing are gods trapped in mortal forms -- a punishment soon to change. For all of the issues that Marvel has with interesting Black male mutants, they don't have any Black male gods or demigods actively engaged in the superhero business, like Thor, Ares, Hercules and others have been since the 1960s. Not one that I can recall.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    No he doesn't.
    He has his slugs do it for him
    Barf worthy.

Ultimate Member

While I think 616 needs more telepaths like a hole in the head (particularly since 'telepathy' in Marvel comes with a dozen free extra powers, beyond just mind-reading and mental communication, like instant language and skill teaching and mind control and psychic invisibility and psychic illusions and erasing memories and astral projection, many of which can justify an entire mutant power on their own for people like Cypher, Trance, Scanner, Moonstar, Lady Mastermind and Karma), it is true that there aren't a lot of telepaths of color, comparatively speaking.

I vaguely remember one that appeared only as an astral projection that worked in DC (presumably behind the scenes as an information-broker?). I thought that was a neat and scary idea, some mutant telepath (who happened to be a black man) Emma Frost-ing it up in the halls of power.

Definite plus one to more Shola Inkosa!

Or more psychics of color (Karma? Dani?), male psychics in general, or more variety of psychic powers (not as many precognitives, retrocognitives, clairsentients, astral projectors, etc. as telepaths and telekinetics, or more outre stuff like psychic healers or empaths or psychic vampires or mediums/channelers or aura seers/manipulators or apporters).

A black male psychic who can see and manipulate colorful auras of light around people, strengthening them to heal or 'buff' another, or twisting them to wound or afflict them, or mess with their emotional state / learn about their nature, could be cheeky. (A person of color with a power all about seeing people's true colors...)

Similarly, someone able to teleport only small objects (perhaps an upgrade of the 'class 10 teleporter' Doorman, of the Great Lakes Avengers, ignoring the whole 'herald of oblivion' thing?), could be fun, able to disarm gunmen by apporting the guns out of their hands and into a pile at his feet, or 'regift' someone a gas grenade they threw at him by making it appear dropping down on their head instead. For when dealing with people who don't have small objects for him to take away or use against them, he can carry a bandolier of his own gas grenades, or weak concussion grenades, to apport into their getaway car or behind their barricade or directly *into* a Sentinel's big metal body. Combined with the ability to teleport himself only a couple of feet (through a closed door, at least, or out of the way of a sword or claw swing), and it's a decent power.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 01-04-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Even a solely telekinetic Shola would be a welcome addition to the New Mutant roster of mutant fighters.

Currently wishlisting him on an X-Force demolition team with Bedlam, Rictor, Warpath, and Bishop.

I wish the Marvel editors would resurrect Synch.

Mighty Member

Maybe Cloak should have remained a mutant and stayed with the X-men, with or without Dagger. Yeah they have multiple teleporters but Cloak could have expand on his dark force abilities in different ways. Also yes Synch should come back, everyone else seems too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

I'd want to avoid giving him more (or better) powers though. IMO, that's just a lazy out, and if 'more/better powers!' had any correlation to how much traction a ch
    The power he has is great, narratively, since it's strong, but has some restrictions built in, making it like Cyclops. (Yet another thing they share!)
    I completely disagree. Give him the Elixir treatment and make Prodigy op as fuck.

They could always add Demarr Davis

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    I wish the Marvel editors would resurrect Synch.
    and Skin

bring back Gaia while they're at it

Naw, Synch is enough. I would love to see his power signature under the best colorist of the modern age. It was soooo cool when he first came out.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!