Page 133 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2172
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    but why she had to pay for it? this would b emuch better if it was white boys like kid Cable and Quentin
    Are you even reading the books?

Cyclops straight up told the 3 of them it's a suicide mission and they all died but okay, only white male characters should die in X-Men comics.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, I thought this issue was great for both Laura and Everett. Darwin didn't get much development. But Laura and Everett got excellent character development. To me it makes perfect sense that Laura sacrificed herself to allow Everett to escape. She knew neither one of them was going to live, all that mattered is getting one of them out of the vault so the message could get back to Krakoa.

I really loved this issue, and I hope Everett and Laura both get onto the X-Men together.
    What character development for Laura? she never lived the life on the fault

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, I thought this issue was great for both Laura and Everett. Darwin didn't get much development. But Laura and Everett got excellent character development. To me it makes perfect sense that Laura sacrificed herself to allow Everett to escape. She knew neither one of them was going to live, all that mattered is getting one of them out of the vault so the message could get back to Krakoa.

I really loved this issue, and I hope Everett and Laura both get onto the X-Men together.
    Agreed, I'm all in favor of Ev and Laura ending up on the X-Men together and hopefully Everett & Laura can get their love rekindled. Either way I'm glad my man finally got the spotlight he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Agreed, I'm all in favor of Ev and Laura ending up on the X-Men together and hopefully Everett & Laura can get their love rekindled. Either way I'm glad my man finally got the spotlight he deserves.
    In spite of the people that lack imagination, and/or are just racist. There are too many telepathy that could facilitate Laura getting those lost memories from the vault version. All the people that claim to be speaking on Laura's voice and character, how they assume that she wouldn't see that there's something in Everett's eyes that's different and deep, but unexplained. That alone may push her and him toward each other.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    In spite of the people that lack imagination, and/or are just racist. There are too many telepathy that could facilitate Laura getting those lost memories from the vault version. All the people that claim to be speaking on Laura's voice and character, how they assume that she wouldn't see that there's something in Everett's eyes that's different and deep, but unexplained. That alone may push her and him toward each other.
    She can't get these memories, they died with her body. Making her have traumatizing memories just to hook up with Synch is relaly wrong, that isn't the person she is going to become

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I dont see how telepathy can give her memories that were never backed up by Cerebro. They are lost and simply no longer exist. Short of some twist that the dead mutants exist on the Astral Plane, its not likely to happen

The latest X-Men issue and the last few posts in this thread tells me all I need to know why there won't be another black male X-Men to catch on like Bishop. I see some folks are happy with Synch's spotlight and "development" lately... pftt. Keep reaching for the crumbs I guess.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm really hoping Synch makes it onto the new X-Men team. I loved his character arc in X-Men 19
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-01-2021 at 11:43 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Yes, I am hoping Everett becomes part of the new X-Men team. I hope this story builds him up as a viable character in future stories.

After reading various views on the latest story featuring Synch, it is ever so clear why black men within the X-Men series don't catch on.

In fact, it simply reminds me why the handful that were introduced in the 1990s were either killed off, or depowered.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 04-01-2021 at 08:18 PM.

Manifold was epic af in king in black. I would like to see a lot more of him going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    The latest X-Men issue and the last few posts in this thread tells me all I need to know why there won't be another black male X-Men to catch on like Bishop. I see some folks are happy with Synch's spotlight and "development" lately... pftt. Keep reaching for the crumbs I guess.
    Noted...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Yes, I am hoping Everett becomes part of the new X-Men team. I hope this story builds him up as a viable character in future stories.

After reading various views on the latest story featuring Synch, it is ever so clear why black men within the X-Men series don't catch on.

In fact, it simply reminds me why the handful that were introduced in the 1990s were either killed off, or depowered.
    Did you not just answer your own question
    GrindrStone(D)

I'm really, really hoping they put Synch on the new X-men team at the Hellfire Gala. After his appearance in issue 19 this week it would seem Hickman has big plans for him so it is a distinct possibility.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Noted...

Did you not just answer your own question
    The first sentence was my original post, full of optimism. The last two sentences were born from cynicism a few hours later.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    So complaining that Laura was not the focus seems, sorry, a bit myopic.
    No different than Superman fans taking issue with John Ridley's Other Side of the DC Universe because Black Lightning nor Herald & Bumblebee had "acceptable opinions" about Superman.

And when TOLD those books were from POV of POC-guess who got offended.

Gee now it's happening here.

I don't think folks are settling when he just came back.

Now if he does nothing else like the rest then we have an issue.

I mean we had Prodigy until New X-Men ended and then he got screwed over to make Antman look good.

So are none of you reading the new sword comic? I refuse to believe it if you think no black characters will surpass bishop. Manifold is quickly becoming way more complex than bishop ever possibly could. And this is coming from someone who always liked bishop.