Page 134 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2172

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Yes, I am hoping Everett becomes part of the new X-Men team. I hope this story builds him up as a viable character in future stories.

After reading various views on the latest story featuring Synch, it is ever so clear why black men within the X-Men series don't catch on.

In fact, it simply reminds me why the handful that were introduced in the 1990s were either killed off, or depowered.
    Bro you got that right. After reading the views and utter disdain people have regarding this issue it's really clear why no Black male mutant will be allowed the opportunity to be a breakout star. The only acceptable take on us I guess is to be a submissive slave like Bishop is in Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Bro you got that right. After reading the views and utter disdain people have regarding this issue it's really clear why no Black male mutant will be allowed the opportunity to be a breakout star. The only acceptable take on us I guess is to be a submissive slave like Bishop is in Marauders.
    Dude, like wtf? “Slave like submission”?? You alright?

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    I'm perfectly fine. I said it and I meant it. IMO that's what Bishop has been reduced to in Marauders.

I'm perfectly fine. I said it and I meant it. IMO that's what Bishop has been reduced to in Marauders.
    I am sorry to hear you feel that way. I think there is something bigger at work though if it sparks that kind of emotion in you. I will admit i feel bishop has been side lined and never fully explored for WAY too long. To act as if it qualifies as slavery though seems to be a bit excessive to say the least.

So are none of you reading the new sword comic? I refuse to believe it if you think no black characters will surpass bishop. Manifold is quickly becoming way more complex than bishop ever possibly could. And this is coming from someone who always liked bishop.
    I've been reading shield and love Manifold in it. I've actually been a fan since Secret Wars. I hope he can get a little more spotlight soon, he's a cool character

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I've been reading shield and love Manifold in it. I've actually been a fan since Secret Wars. I hope he can get a little more spotlight soon, he's a cool character
    He is front and center in sword. He was the last mutant standing on krakoa when knull attacked. He is freaking legit. It seems like they are planting the seeds for him to be a major player in the x books. As much as i want to see bishop further explored, manifold is an excellent example of a black male xman getting his respect.

He is front and center in sword. He was the last mutant standing on krakoa when knull attacked. He is freaking legit. It seems like they are planting the seeds for him to be a major player in the x books. As much as i want to see bishop further explored, manifold is an excellent example of a black male xman getting his respect.
    Manifold always got respect on Avengers and Black Panther, but he was never a x-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Manifold always got respect on Avengers and Black Panther, but he was never a x-men.
    Fair enough. Though it is safe to say he is now more an xman than an avenger or part of black panther’s crew. Krakoa is for all mutants. Manifold has already shown he is willing to step up to the plate to defend krakoa.

Eden is a great character and has been handled very well. I just wish he identified with being a mutant a bit more. So far he has been a badass in Sword but it seems more like a job for him than repping for Krakoa.

Most brothas that read X-Men are pretty much say close to the same, Bishop, considering how he came into the X-Men, and how long he has been around, the way he's being used now? Yeah dude not far off at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Most brothas that read X-Men are pretty much say close to the same, Bishop, considering how he came into the X-Men, and how long he has been around, the way he's being used now? Yeah dude not far off at all.
    What is their reasoning for saying this? Are they assuming he does not get paid by the hellfire company? Is he simping for the white queen? I hate to be that guy but it sounds like its demeaning what slavery was and is for the sake of hoping bishop is given more exploration.

Fair enough. Though it is safe to say he is now more an xman than an avenger or part of black panther’s crew. Krakoa is for all mutants. Manifold has already shown he is willing to step up to the plate to defend krakoa.
    It's his job on SWORD

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Yea Ewing’s made it a point to emphasize that Manifold and Brand aren’t as pro-mutant as the other Krakoans or as willing to prioritize that status over any other identities/relationships they may have. I think he described it as a spacer vs Earther mindset. Manifold spent most of his life as a young mutant where apparently he didn’t have to deal too much with discrimination on that basis and when he does make the jump into the world of suoerheroics it’s as a conventional hero (AKA an Avenger) not a mutant freedom fighter.

He’s also spent the last 5 or so years in deep space fighting in some space Wakandan civil war and now he’s back to mostly dealing with cosmic stuff as part of SWORD. It makes sense why he’s not identifying too much with his mutant identity since the things he’s seen and dealt with make such matters feel trivial, especially since it’s not an aspect of himself he’s ever really been forced to reckon with. It’s a refreshing state to see a character in. I think part of Ewing’s plans for the character are to get him more in touch with his mutant family and coming to see their struggles as part of his own question of identity.

Yeah i am all for it too. I think that he is in an xbook as a mutant speaks way more volumes than if cyclops were to dub him an xman. He’s legit. And an xman by any real measure of what that actually could mean. He is given a voice and plenty of means to expand on his character. The fact that they have done this in only 4 issues is pretty amazing. Bishop has been in marauders for way longer and he still feels like a side note most times.

This is a wild things to say, given his many roles...