Page 36 of 145 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    "Molly...you in danger, girl".

But yeah now I'm getting sad about the discussion.

But there's hope! Prisoner X will have Black and Native American characters in Bishop, Dani, and Forge.
    The problem is what writers will do after age of x-man. lately x-men books hav ebeen terrible with POC characters

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Angry black men are underrepresented in media, unless they're angry about a limited number of specifically race-related issues. Gimme an angry brother who gets tight about broader ethical and philosophical concepts in their society. Or the way their neighbor parks. POC are more limited in the archetypes they can be. Generally they can get a few slices of the pie and then some more territory on certain ones which play into race stereotypes. Like sassy for black women. Calm and reserved for Asians. Angry for black men (but god forbid it be about anything other than crackers and THE MAN). And lots of POC characters are exemplary examples of those archetypes, but new characters should be allowed to be more, and old characters should be allowed to evolve.

but ha ha ha these are the x-books so we're gonna need to do some more work until we reach even the bare minimum ha ha ha hee hee ho amirite fellas
    really difficult to understand why so hard to do good diversity on x-men

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The problem is what writers will do after age of x-man. lately x-men books hav ebeen terrible with POC characters
    Par for the course. It's sad when you have to be glad a POC is actually of color.

Like Uncanny, I was happy to see Monet was brown. Hopefully Rosenberg won't get & kill her off in Uncanny for cheap thrills.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Par for the course. It's sad when you have to be glad a POC is actually of color.

Like Uncanny, I was happy to see Monet was brown. Hopefully Rosenberg won't get & kill her off in Uncanny for cheap thrills.
    Forge was too white on extraordinary x-men.

After all the deaths on uncanny, i think Rosenberg has to stop. we get it, mutants are being exterminated.

Forge was too white on extraordinary x-men.

After all the deaths on uncanny, i think Rosenberg has to stop. we get it, mutants are being exterminated.
    No shock. I saw it with Forge. And sadly Trinary has fallen victim to random skin bleach.

And I pointed it out before, but can't rrcall if it was in this thread. LORD, Darwin. Named after a white guy with power of evolving for sutvival, so he turns white. The implications are rather unpleasant & obvious. Lol I guess that's why he doesn't appear more.

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    THAT PART Black people aren’t monolithic like we all don’t know how to do the Cat Daddy
    Wow!! Aint thought about CatDaddy in a minute lol Back in the day I could do a piss poor version of the dance. Probby only gotten worse :/

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Angry black men are underrepresented in media,
    Not on the news here in Atlanta

Yeah, even with Loa getting disrespectfully killed off panel, just laying there in a pool of her own blood, she’s colored like she’s white. And Monet is in Age of X-Man, most likely appearing in Prisoner X under Vita Ayala (who I’m pretty sure is Marvel’s first black non-binary writer!!!!!). Hopefully she gets some respect there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah, even with Loa getting disrespectfully killed off panel, just laying there in a pool of her own blood, she’s colored like she’s white. And Monet is in Age of X-Man, most likely appearing in Prisoner X under Vita Ayala (who I’m pretty sure is Marvel’s first black non-binary writer!!!!!). Hopefully she gets some respect there.
    Long as Leah doesn't end up with her. Lol

I figured her & Frenzy appearing in PoX.

And a writ writer of color will probably treat the POC better. Like SA with Exiles.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    But there's hope! Prisoner X will have Black and Native American characters in Bishop, Dani, and Forge.
    Wait, are you saying that all of the POCs are in jail?!? Damn, that's racist. lmao
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Wait, are you saying that all of the POCs are in jail?!? Damn, that's racist. lmao
    Seems like it is on purpose. Ayala said on a interview that western utopias usually throw out some people

In Brazil there’s a lot of mix. He’s got black, white and native in him.

Long as Leah doesn't end up with her. Lol

I figured her & Frenzy appearing in PoX.

And a writ writer of color will probably treat the POC better. Like SA with Exiles.
    What’s wrong with Leah? I suspect Sage and Prodigy are gonna be in X-Tremists.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Not so much racist as observant with the right amount of respect and storytelling.

really difficult to understand why so hard to do good diversity on x-men
    What, you mean beyond the obvious? That their office seems to white guys that well, kind of think highly of white guys and things that favor that perspective. I would love to hear the arguments to counter this, but I doubt there will be cause how can you debate truth that supports the outcomes. Not being racist at all cause, well how many black writers or editors do the x-office have. The MCU has black heroes onscreen and wouldn't you know it they happen to have a black executive producer that came on and stayed from the time Falcon was included and had a direct hand in selecting Black Panther to be included.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    What, you mean beyond the obvious? That their office seems to white guys that well, kind of think highly of white guys and things that favor that perspective. I would love to hear the arguments to counter this, but I doubt there will be cause how can you debate truth that supports the outcomes. Not being racist at all cause, well how many black writers or editors do the x-office have. The MCU has black heroes onscreen and wouldn't you know it they happen to have a black executive producer that came on and stayed from the time Falcon was included and had a direct hand in selecting Black Panther to be included.
    I think that was sarcasm

How do people feel about Sunspot being the leader of the MLF because I think after reading Uncanny seeing its tone and them not talking about Sunspot that he is the "Led by one of the X-Men’s own" that is being talk about in the April solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    How do people feel about Sunspot being the leader of the MLF because I think after reading Uncanny seeing its tone and them not talking about Sunspot that he is the "Led by one of the X-Men’s own" that is being talk about in the April solicits.
    Didn't he kinda already do that? lol
    FrFr if if gets him panel time I'm ALLLL for it