Page 44 of 145 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    None of em had sauce. Except Bobby sometimes. But if Jean was black she would’ve got some. Beast’s mutation along with making him black doesn’t seem like it would or should go today. Especially if he’d be the only one. Not the best of representation lmao

And that’s something you want?
    Warren has a tad ...he was out there wearing them daisy dukess.. Cyclops nah.. And if none have any swag. Sage should have been Black and been the unappreciated yet strong and awesome Black woman who was the backbone of the xmen..

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

So we all agree, then, that Cyclops should have been Black? Walking around looking like Malcom X with his ruby quartz spectacles. I can see it clearly.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is a pretty simple question, Why haven't any of Black Male X-men caught on other than Bishop? For other minority groups characters say like Asian male the answer is simple they are that many of them( Thunderbird 2nd,Indra,Sunfire?) but other day I was looking up characters they are quite bit of Black male X-characters. Here is the quick list

Sunspot
    *Manifold
    Prodigy
    Gentle
    Synch
    Darwin
    Maggot
    Triage
    Genesis
    Radius
    Beldam
    Tag
    Anarchist
    Spike

I mean the obvious answer is going to come up but I am looking more along the lines of design and impact I guess. So maybe the question is better phrased as which character when introduced did you think this character is going to be the next great X-men character?

* Manifold yes I realize he was never in thing X-men related but he trained with Gateway and he is mutant.
    Out of this list Sunspot has definitely gotten a lot of love from marvel's writers and editors. I wish they didn't kill Synch and focused on him.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Sunspot isn't black.

His father might be African or native American but his mum is European ancestry.
    He's Barrack Obama with human torch and superman powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Warren has a tad ...he was out there wearing them daisy dukess.. Cyclops nah.. And if none have any swag. Sage should have been Black and been the unappreciated yet strong and awesome Black woman who was the backbone of the xmen..
    And Warren rocked them hard. Would’ve rocked them even harder with braids and milk chocolate complexion.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    Out of this list Sunspot has definitely gotten a lot of love from marvel's writers and editors. I wish they didn't kill Synch and focused on him.
    Synch is back, he just needs to be used..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    None of em had sauce. Except Bobby sometimes. But if Jean was black she would’ve got some. Beast’s mutation along with making him black doesn’t seem like it would or should go today. Especially if he’d be the only one. Not the best of representation lmao

And that’s something you want?
    I am of the mind that all representation of Black people needs to be pluralistic. While we dont need to be brutalized with portrayals of us being slaves or always in pain. I do think complex narratives that show that we are human, that we can be wrong and that people have the ability to grow has to be shown. I mean hell we have a horrible example of a uncle tom right now on the supreme court. We need to see Black folks to see what could happen when things go wrong.

I am of the mind that all representation of Black people needs to be pluralistic. While we dont need to be brutalized with portrayals of us being slaves or always in pain. I do think complex narratives that show that we are human, that we can be wrong and that people have the ability to grow has to be shown. I mean hell we have a horrible example of a uncle tom right now on the supreme court. We need to see Black folks to see what could happen when things go wrong.
    I mean true but not if it’s gonna be 1/3 of the representation
    GrindrStone(D)

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i want to see a black male character actually develop and grow in the use of their powers. i can think of at least 3 black male characters who basically get their powers or development through some kind of cheat. Bedlam had his fighting skills digitally downloaded into his brain. Prodigy's power is to learn quickly. Synch borrows other people's powers and just sort of knows how to use them more efficiently. i want to see someone struggle and overcome on the way to mastery.
    It's just weird to me that superheroics are a tradition going back to the 1930's but there are only a few notable black heroes and mutants. Let's be serious: Black Americans would dominate that ****. Black America comprises the biggest percentage of mixed martial arts and combat sports champions in the world. We loooooove this stuff! Wearing a cool uniform and getting famous by beating up criminals? C'mon. We're there.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

I hope y’all are enjoying Watchmen. Best show on television, and it’s got two black Supermen killin the Klan.

I wouldn’t make any of the O5 black. I’d change the O5 to Shiro, Ororo, Kurt, Jean, and Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I hope y’all are enjoying Watchmen. Best show on television, and it’s got two black Supermen killin the Klan.
    Yuuuuup! This show is so on point.
    Not only do they have Black dudes killin Bigots....but also EFFin' Bigots too!
    which is my personal preference in dealing with them

to clarify: Smashing 'em is my preferred method of dealing with bigots
    Last edited by BroHomo; 12-14-2019 at 02:35 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

I wouldn’t make any of the O5 black. I’d change the O5 to Shiro, Ororo, Kurt, Jean, and Scott.
    Ooh, 100% more lady-power, and some color, and a non-'pretty' mutant (in Kurt) to boot! Nice team. Their powersets are different enough to be distinct and not overshadow each other much, so that's cool.

Synch is back, he just needs to be used..
    exactly. The EIC needs to put him in some books.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yeah, sometimes it is nice to see the black guy that speaks softly, but carries a big @$$ stick and knows how to use it. Furthermore here's an earth shattering concept put two black male mutant characters on the same team, at the same time.....!!! Then you can have both personality types play off each other.
    Dude Everybody knows that Synch is the Jean Grey of his team. I wish they'd treat him as such.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Dude Everybody knows that Synch is the Jean Grey of his team. I wish they'd treat him as such.
    Jean, Doug, Ev. Kill your darlings.