Page 7 of 145 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post

So you know when you go into the "why the black male X-men" don't catch on thread? You might be shocked to find out that what you're looking for isn't there.
    can't speak for everyone Buuuuuuut this thread has pretty much gone down Like every other topic of this nature :/

The "real reason" is because a black male protagonist might end up with a white girl thus "ruining her" and THAT can't happen in one of marvels biggest properties. Or least it couldn't before
    current era.
    Take that up with the X-office.
    I'm really chill about the whole thing because I'm used to the ignorant and cowardly not wanting to look at the big picture, of what I described "The american Diaspora"
    I meeeeean Sunspot had his 6Whute Girl die in his first appearance lol then was a about to get another one killed but she had to literally make a deal with the devil to escape that fate. And I feel "White Girl Purity' has less to do with the problem than it did before..
    ..... Even laying most of the blame on that is putting the "white girl' on a pedestal.
    Last edited by BroHomo; 01-02-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Sigh...can we replace Maggot and Idie with Blue Marvel and Spectrum? Make them mutants pls Marvel...

We got NOTHING for Wanda and Pietro.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Sigh...can we replace Maggot and Idie with Blue Marvel and Spectrum? Make them mutants pls Marvel...

We got NOTHING for Wanda and Pietro.
    Ugh Noo Blue Marvel is the suck!! It goes like this.....
    Maggot>>>>>Spectrum>>>>Idie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>etc. Blue Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    YAAAAAASSS it. Is. Soooooo frustrating defending "blackness" whether it be in public or online then turn around and to find a black (mostly) dude throwing catty shade or negative connotations on homos....like GodJam it now I gotta switch gears but basically argue/defend another fundamental part of my being lol can a n get a break?
    people so sensitive...
    I’m surprised you made it through my atrocious spelling. But YES, that example is my life. Even tho Iceman was coming from a place as a mutant and gay guy, his “Can I just have one part of my life that I’m not being persecuted for?” line gets me EVERY DAMN TIME.

Funny round here it a way of saying "Race Traitor", in that your a black
    guy who hates black women.
    Also I didn't call you white. I said a "non-white Person" should be aware.
    However... the rest of it? Intersectionality? I don't owe your neo-progressive movement any allegiance. Sorry not sorry.

Moreover, you what you've done here is just subversion. You may not get that you're shading the topic at all, but I can't attest to ignorance.

The Eunuch Black male, emasculated... effeminate (by traditional standards) has NEVER been a threat to TPTB. In fact the most frequent cultural cause of lynching was what?
    What was the excuse for black wall street. Jessie Washington? Even the REALLY racist 1488 people? Protecting the Virtue of white women.
    So you know when you go into the "why the black male X-men" don't catch on thread? You might be shocked to find out that what you're looking for isn't there.

The "real reason" is because a black male protagonist might end up with a white girl thus "ruining her" and THAT can't happen in one of marvels biggest properties. Or least it couldn't before
    current era. Take that up with the X-office.
    I'm really chill about the whole thing because I'm used to the ignorant and cowardly not wanting to look at the big picture, of what I described "The american Diaspora"
    Noooooooo, being openly misogynistic and transphobic is what gets you called a “hotep”, not whatever a “race traitor” is. And you don’t have to hate black women to be a hotep, but being disrespectful to them and refusing to see them as equals or people is a pretty large part. Also, when did I accuse you of calling me white? All I did was reaffirm that I am black since that long-winded explanation on how that word is a horrid slur towards black people was implying that I was not. Or else you wouldn’t have quoted me, using a personal pronoun.

Also also, when did intersectionality (which I should clarify, I meant as a a term to define intersecting, marginalized identities that include race, economic status, sexuality, and gender identity) become a neo-progressive movement? I’m not trying to shade the topic and I’m very much enjoying the discussion that’s going on with it, but I’m just wondering why there has to be parameters on a sexuality that’s already deemed as commonplace in society?

Ugh Noo Blue Marvel is the suck!! It goes like this.....
    Maggot>>>>>Spectrum>>>>Idie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>etc. Blue Marvel
    Ewing did a really good job at making me like Blue Marvel, from Mighty Avengers to Ultimates2, a lot of effort was put in to make him a well rounded and fully realized character.

Although personally I'd like to see more from his semi-villainous son.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonflyJones View Post
    Probably the same reason it's important to you to see a gay character in a comic book

You're posts are always ignorant and I was about to write a real negative comment, but it's a new year so let's try something different.

Enlighten and educate yourself brother. I understand your race and sexuality burden you with certain hardships in life
    but if you learn to be at peace with yourself, you will no longer care about another persons "acceptance"

On topic: there are NO prominent ethnic male characters in the series besides Bishop. The answer is...WE need to become writers. We need more POC in these comic book offices. People who actually want to write a compelling ethnic character. Either that or create our own comics, which I know is easier said than done. As long as we have only older white gentlemen writing these characters, a change will never be made
    and no offense to the white writers. I believe they try their best with the little freedom they're allowed
    But that's a false equivalency. There's a reason there isn't an explicit "Straight Pride Month" or "White History Month" and it's because those classes already hold power in society. There is no logical reason a straight person should be asking for MORE representation of their own sexuality because 90% of media already exists for them. I can't say the same for black rep or trans rep. And, again, that does not mean I'm against black rep because that makes no sense. But making sure to include: " i want STRAIGHT black men" is quite strange.

I like to think my posts are inclusive. I never intentionally try to punch down at marginalized communities, especially ones I'm not a part of. And this should be considered on-topic since we're examining problems that come up when we talk about representation.

Apologies in advance for the spelling. Autocorrect wants to work whenever it wants to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Ewing did a really good job at making me like Blue Marvel, from Mighty Avengers to Ultimates2, a lot of effort was put in to make him a well rounded and fully realized character.

We were robbed of a "Power Man & Iron Fist" comic with Vic Alvarez and Max Brashear.
    Last edited by Tycon; 01-02-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Don't usually go through pages of threads but this was fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I’m surprised you made it through my atrocious spelling. But YES, that example is my life. Even tho Iceman was coming from a place as a mutant and gay guy, his “Can I just have one part of my life that I’m not being persecuted for?” line gets me EVERY DAMN TIME.
    You are speaking from/to my heart on this thread. I appreciate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This is one of the answers I expected and other day I am in planning stage coming with concept for a comic book that I want to do and I found myself limiting the amount of black People I was putting on the team. Then light bulb hit me that you never worry about that with white characters you can have 10 man team and 8 characters could be white and 1 Asian and 1 Native american. With minorities we have trained ourselves to believe that after the white characters get their slot the minority draft begins you pick a black character,you move on to Asian character, maybe female or LGBTQ and you can't replicate these minorities because you have so many "slots".

Now honestly I don't think they are picking characters by race but more by popularity and history,So the classic X-men and popular X-men get pick first. Since most of those character are white ,most teams end up heavier slanted in that direction. Now a character like Storm actually breaks that pattern if She is one of the early member picked so if you are doing a book you are trying to get the popular or classic members for example Jean Grey, X-23, Storm, Nightcrawler, Gambit now if they are trying round out cast with some diversity then you put on Gentle and Trinary. When you start off a team with Kitty ,Old Man Logan, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Prestige because hey these are popular/classic characters then last couple of spots might be just Storm and Iceman. That is biggest problem you need A-list minority character to justify not using the Cyclops,Rogues,Jeans and Kitty on a team. Which is Psylocke being changed back kinda sucked because she was the A-list "Asian" character that you could justify putting over another character. It is easy for editor/writer to say I didn't put Gentle on a team because who do fans want to see Cyclops or Gentle. Storm isn't part of problem Storm is the solution you need more characters like her so when they are building rosters they can't use the excuse this character isn't popular. The goal is build stable base of popular minority characters to were you can't justify instant picking white characters.The most frustrating part of this process is a character can't become A-List if they aren't used in big time stories.That's why characters like Sunspot, Moonstar, Warpath, M, Karma are so important because these characters are on the cusp of breaking out. All they need to be is in classic stories now.

The biggest fight is against stagnant characters I am sorry but Angel has been dead since Remender killed him,Colossus and Kitty have been trapped in the same story cycle and Nightcrawler has no role on the X-men but to be a taxi. Classic X-men does not instantly mean good stories. I would love to see big time writer get their hand on Emplate on turn him into a big time X-villain, I would love to see A.I.M versus the X-men. Nostalgia makes them over look guys like Sunspot because Angel and Psylocke for million time have get in conflict over his Archangel personality.
    Yes!!!

Iconic costumes.
    Important/unique roles.
    Consistent focus.

If even the amount of effort to make Moon Knight a thing was put into M or Sunspot...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ tycon View Post
    to jalsrix or anyone else who wants to say that sunspot isn't black:

thank you for coming thru with the receipts!!

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    thank you for coming thru with the receipts!!
    I had to bookmark this because of the foolery that went down when Boone's New Mutants movie was relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

My favorite non x book was Ultimates. It was just great.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 01-02-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Sunspot has true potential to breakout and Synch damn sure did before he got killed for basically being well perceived. Only time and Al Ewing's schedule will tell if another gets a shot at the come up.

Is one or more people here incensed that one or more people here feel there’s more storytelling potential with LGBT black males, rather than str8 black males? Or are they incensed that someone suggested a seemingly str8 black male is actually an LGBT black male, or should be? Or are they incensed that there are LGBT black males in X-Men at all?

It’s hard to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Is one or more people here incensed that one or more people here feel there’s more storytelling potential with LGBT black males, rather than str8 black males? Or are they incensed that someone suggested a seemingly str8 black male is actually an LGBT black male, or should be? Or are they incensed that there are LGBT black males in X-Men at all?

It’s hard to keep up.
    They mad they caught themselves admiring DaShauns figure in gym shorts

They mad they caught themselves admiring DaShauns figure in gym shorts
    If only. Then we’d all have much more in common.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    If only. Then we’d all have much more in common.
    Nah DaShaun got a Becky Booty