Page 74 of 145 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2172

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Huh? what does this even mean
    One parent native america one parent of African descent and was born in a latin country. I was commenting of the fact that he was wondering why Sunspot was draw differently then most african americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    One parent native america one parent of African descent and was born in a latin country. I was commenting of the fact that he was wondering why Sunspot was draw differently then most african americans.
    Well his mom is a ginger American the opposite of Native American lol Buuut I don't understand how people can tell if 2 black people are from different countries like if I woke up from a 15 yr coma was shown a pic of Drake and was told he was born/from South Georgiaid believe it
    GrindrStone(D)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Sunspot is part of the diaspora, but he's not your traditional African American US citizen. One of the arguments that I've read elsewhere is that explains why he gets the favorable pen and elevated status in the greater Marvel community. He is the "foreign or exotic" black person, much like Panther and to some extent, Storm. Their histories aren't steeped in generations of living the so-called "Black experience" in the US. As such, they are welcomed in ways by the readership that other native African Americans aren't. At least that was the argument presented.

There are certainly dangers with the above mindset. I think it's best to simply accept that "black is black" and leave it at that.

But that said, it would be nice if the X-Men added a new native African American character. Say, someone from Flint, Michigan, where the horrors of racist policies persist to this day. I wonder if even Ice Man would dare drink the water there.
    Your explanation could also account for why we also see so many black Britons in leading roles in mainstream Hollywood productions. I'd say in that respect, it boils down to the so-called "mainstream" audience or readership, as well as the people at the top making decisions on what stories and characters get approved and pushed forward in the first place, not wanting or being able to fully engage with the black American generational experience, as that would force them to challenge their own vantage point on what America (and being American) means.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don't think there's too many black male X-Men with interesting power sets. Granted it's not easy to come up with truly new ones,
    I think Cloak could have filled that role if marvel had kept him a mutant. They could have expanded his darkforce manipulation abilities and he could have become a powerful alpha level black male mutant. But they choose to go a different route with him and what do we have? Bishop is playing second fiddle in Marauders and Synch is trapped in some time vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I mean he just got back from that weird time thing with X-23 right so we don't even know what he can do yet
    Wait... When did X-23, Darwin and Synch got back from the Vault???

Quote Originally Posted by Synch340 View Post
    Wait... When did X-23, Darwin and Synch got back from the Vault???
    Oh nvm they didn't come back yet idk why I thought they did already

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    The momentum and excitement over Synch’s return sure did die down fast...

Well we only got to see him for 5 minutes
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Well we only got to see him for 5 minutes
    Yeah and truth be told even though I know it will have a payoff, I really don't like Ev basically being written off again. After all of these years of waiting I just want to see that aura shine.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Yeah and truth be told even though I know it will have a payoff, I really don't like Ev basically being written off again. After all of these years of waiting I just want to see that aura shine.
    maybe he'll be back soon:/
    GrindrStone(D)

Its better than him not bing used being being in just the background. The way he was written out in Gen X was final. The way he was written out here set him up for future stories. Its gonna be picked up; one just needs to be patient

Synch and Darwin are being used in a meaningful storyline in the main book. I will take that over being used in a Gen-X series that would be canceled in 12 issues like last book. Meaningful appearances matter more imo than just showing up. But that said I value just show up as well staying in the public eye does help ask Kardashians.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Meaningful appearances matter more imo than just showing up.
    I totally agree with this. As a fan of Blue Marvel, I've already had my fill of him "just showing up" in the Doom series, without any real, substantive contribution to the book, or even his own character development. This is definitely far more frustrating than him not showing up at all.

it was made a big deal, just to shut him down for some long time. It's dissapointing

Lol, yeah it was like. ...hiya folks, I'm Synch. Well be seeing you. The only reason this annoyed me is that we are seeing so many reoccurring characters being shown multiple times, in multiple books. Dude gets like a spoken scene and a one off quick scene.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Synch and Darwin are being used in a meaningful storyline in the main book. I will take that over being used in a Gen-X series that would be canceled in 12 issues like last book. Meaningful appearances matter more imo than just showing up. But that said I value just show up as well staying in the public eye does help ask Kardashians.
    I feel like a storyline this important and drastic can be precisly what can push synch and darwin into prominience