Page 99 of 145 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2172
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    LMAO

That is Derrick Beacon. The other two are WindShear (can we get some Alpha Flighters?) and Topspin.
    Man, I liked Windshear, and he just sort of faded away. Along with Shola Inkosa and various others.

Bora, Windshear, Wind-Dancer. Does not pay to be a mutant wind-controller. We can have fiddy trillion ****ing telepaths, but if you're powers are too much like Storm's, you're outta here!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This is ironic. CBR made a list for Top 10 charaters that are constantly whitewashed: https://www.cbr.com/xmen-whitewashed-characters-marvel/

10. Storm
    9. Evan
    8. Jubilee
    7. Kavita Rao
    6. Monet
    5. Sunspot
    4. Cecilia
    3. Dani
    2. Bishop
    1. Darwin

IDA with this list. The only ones I feel apply are Monet, Sunspot and maybe to a much smaller degree Jubilee. The rest are constantly drawn and portrayed as the ethnicity that they are and any errors are quite rare and far from a constant occurrence. I wouldnt count Darwin consider his skin is a side effect of his powers and thats been addressed in story
    I feel like they’re conflating a lot of different issues. Some characters are colored incorrectly, some aren’t drawn as the correct race/ ethnicity, and others have always been a different “mutant” color.

I'd like to see Darwin look...black.
    And that goes for a lot of other black mutants.

Seems he just got Caucasian over the course of time. Crazy how one of the few black men in comics just coincidently is whiter and whiter...literally, its a problem and i'm not buying that 'its the mutation' BS.
    He should be able to keep his color and adapt as his body does...period.
    exp:
    https://cherikbomb.tumblr.com/post/1...-suit-flamecon

Same for Synch...can we give our black x-men some BLACK designs. Its upsetting me and my homegirl.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 03-21-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I'd like to see Darwin look...black.
    And that goes for a lot of other black mutants.

Seems he just got Caucasian over the course of time. Crazy how one of the few black men in comics just coincidently is whiter and whiter...literally, its a problem and i'm not buying that 'its the mutation' BS.
    He should be able to keep his color and adapt as his body does...period.
    exp:
    https://cherikbomb.tumblr.com/post/1...-suit-flamecon

Same for Synch...can we give our black x-men some BLACK designs. Its upsetting me and my homegirl.
    Trust, you're not in the in the minority of fans that realize the racial drift that happens with black characters. Eden went from dreads, to fro, and finally to perma-fro in one whole ass story transition. Monet, and Synch, along with Bishop have been forced into a lighter shade of pale at different times. Its like pulling teeth to get most white folk to understand the nuances of black visual representation for every shade and hue.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Trust, you're not in the in the minority of fans that realize the racial drift that happens with black characters. Eden went from dreads, to fro, and finally to perma-fro in one whole ass story transition. Monet, and Synch, along with Bishop have been forced into a lighter shade of pale at different times. Its like pulling teeth to get most white folk to understand the nuances of black visual representation for every shade and hue.
    It's tirelessly ridiculous, the x-office needs to hire some BLACK talent.

I see so many talented black artists on Instagram, a lot of them we could use on some x-books.
    I read x-men #18 and the way Synch and Darwin just look like mannequins irritated me so badly. Give my black kings some DRIP and CHARACTER design please.

I'd love to see that Darwin in a book
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 03-21-2021 at 06:17 PM.

Synch and Darwin really need a make over, both bald doesn't felt right.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    The artist said that he now looks more like a aborigen, like he atually researched it? There is different hairstyles for aboringens and having dreads are what some use.
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-21-2021 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Synch and Darwin really need a make over, both bald doesn't felt right.

The artist said that he now looks more like a aborigen, like he atually researched it? There is different hairstyles for aboringens and having dreads are what some use.
    Its their signature look. I think they'd look off without being bald

I think they will look a lot better with hair, just feel uncreative specially on their team up on X-men

Ultimate Member

So why have black male X-Men fallen behind?

Also, Bishop is Australian, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post

Also, Bishop is Australian, right?
    He is aborigen australian, related to Gateway. So he and Eden/Manifold are related too

He is aborigen australian, related to Gateway. So he and Eden/Manifold are related too
    Um I don't think they're biologically related
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Um I don't think they're biologically related
    He's one of Gateway's descendants?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Ultimate Member

I mean, Aboriginal Australians have even less representation than black people. Still, it's an interesting choice for his background

Yeah....no.

I need some hair on my kings head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Look at whose writing and editing the books.