Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    The only references to 52 are Kate's stabbing and Renee being the Question. Minor references.
    Wasn't the whole Religion of Crime stuff from 52.

I don't know where you heard that, since Elegy is widely considered the best entry point for Batwoman. It kinda has to be, since all her other stories since then tie back to it.
    I just remember not really understanding what was going on when I read it.

Elegy was my entry point. I had heard of Kate for a year or two, but had not checked it out. Basically I was not into DC for many years. My library had this deluxe or prestige edition, so I borrowed it, forever, well not really.

As fascinated as I was, when I saw Kate's cousin, Bette, previously as Flamebird (but a very silly version imo) I kinda knew this was the series for me.

And I was not disappointed, because Bette became a big part of Kate's storyline, with the Cutter story and then into the new 52. I only knew Bette/Flamebird from the very little I had looked in on DC over years since Crisis.

Don't get me wrong, Kate is an extremely awesome character and I really would have followed her on my own. Bette is icing on the cake for me.

Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

By David L. River:

Screenshot_20190315-223437.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

By Fernando Blanco:

IMG_20190318_084445.jpg

By Daniel Carvalho:

Screenshot_20190320-154056.jpg

By Andy Poon:

IMG_20190320_220641.jpg

Happy Birthday, Kate.

T_19032019162706.jpg

Detective Comics 1000 Batfamily Portrait:

Attachment 80390
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-27-2019 at 04:20 AM.

WOW. I like it.

Well, Kate was of course part of DC #1000 today, but her role and the story she was in were disappointingly crap. At least it was minor...