Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Kate Kane: Batwoman Appreciation 2019

batwoman_desktop_wallpaper_by_kestinstewart.jpg
    (Wallpaper by Kestin Stewart)

Some relevant links to start off this new version of the thread:

Kate Kane (Prime Earth)'s entry at the DC Database.

The Arrowverse version's entry, at the same place.

The most recent respect thread of hers on r/respectthreads, written by yours truly (and technically overdue for an update).

And a link to the previous thread for posterity's sake.

And 2019 will see the debut of Batwoman's own show set to start filming this April!
    Last edited by Caivu; 01-02-2019 at 12:31 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I forgot when was the first time I heard about Kate Kane or where I saw her first. I think it was during the Morrison era.

The first one I read was the New 52 debut.

DIG011464_2._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    batwoman_desktop_wallpaper_by_kestinstewart.jpg
    (Wallpaper by Kestin Stewart)

Some relevant links to start off this new version of the thread:

Kate Kane (Prime Earth)'s entry at the DC Database.

The Arrowverse version's entry, at the same place.

The most recent respect thread of hers on r/respectthreads, written by yours truly (and technically overdue for an update).

And a link to the previous thread for posterity's sake.

And 2019 will see the debut of Batwoman's own show set to start filming this April!
    I wish DC would follow Marvel's current 2019 strategy, and do a bunch of miniseries for smaller characters. I think a Kate/Bette/Jake miniseries would be great.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The Batwoman story "Elegy" in a trade hardback, owned by the library I work at (Southfield Public, Michigan) brought Kate and her story to me, after being away from DC comics for the better part of 30 years (post COIE pretty much). So for that alone, I applaud Batwoman. A superior character in the DC world!

My first exposure to Batwoman was this panel from Injustice Year Three #22:

hkl528e85n601.jpg

This was around the time the Wonder Woman film had been announced, and I was looking up panels of her stories. I had no idea what was going on, of course (initially thinking Batwoman was a villain), and that lead to me researching Batwoman, too.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    My first exposure to Batwoman was this panel from Injustice Year Three #22:

hkl528e85n601.jpg

This was around the time the Wonder Woman film had been announced, and I was looking up panels of her stories. I had no idea what was going on, of course (initially thinking Batwoman was a villain), and that lead to me researching Batwoman, too.
    Whoa, so you're actually pretty new. I thought you're a longer time fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Whoa, so you're actually pretty new. I thought you're a longer time fan.
    Yeah, I only started reading comics regularly in late 2014.

Okay, now the show is really, truly official:

https://deadline.com/2019/01/batwoma...ti-1202528625/

David Nutter (known for things like Game of Thrones, Band of Brothers, The Pacific, The Flash) is set to direct the pilot.

ar709d_0403r-1.jpg

Oh so the mask doesn't cover her forehead like in the promotional photo. It's closer to the comic version.

ar709d_0403r-1.jpg

Oh so the mask doesn't cover her forehead like in the promotional photo. It's closer to the comic version.
    No, it does. That's just a highlight.

Here's a good look at the cowl:

47300311_2148174035480255_2783587061888565751_n.jpg

So, the Detective Comics: 80 Years of Batman Deluxe Edition is not going to include any of the issues from Kate’s run, which is unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    So, the Detective Comics: 80 Years of Batman Deluxe Edition is not going to include any of the issues from Kate’s run, which is unfortunate.
    I mean... that sucks, but was it expected to?

Well, I didn't, because it's the 80th anniversary of Batman, not Batwoman. She hasn't reached that age yet. They're just focusing on Detective Comics.

Happy New Year to Kate and to all her fans .

Well, I didn't, because it's the 80th anniversary of Batman, not Batwoman. She hasn't reached that age yet. They're just focusing on Detective Comics.
    It’s more a celebration of Detective Comics. It includes two issues from before Batman’s first appearance (#s 1 and 20).