Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Thread of art from the upcoming book by Brandon T. Snider and omarito:

https://twitter.com/BrandonTSnider/s...84643832598528
    AAoBatmanTerribleTwos.jpg

Why is she wearing Batgirl's old cowl? Kate has her own unique cowl, and her wig should show on top, IMHO.
    Otherwise, cool I guess, nice to see Kate appear in kids things as well, since she wasn't included in superhero girls as far as I know.

https://www.facebook.com/brandontsni...88314461423719

She seems to be younger than normal here, so maybe it is Barbara's old suit. Also, I did a quick bit of Photoshopping to add Batman's nose to her mask, and it sorta interferes with her mouth since her lips are larger, at least from this angle. It's not extreme, but maybe it was a borderline case where they decided to maximize readability.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    She seems to be younger than normal here, so maybe it is Barbara's old suit. Also, I did a quick bit of Photoshopping to add Batman's nose to her mask, and it sorta interferes with her mouth since her lips are larger, at least from this angle. It's not extreme, but maybe it was a borderline case where they decided to maximize readability.
    I also have an old audiobook (52) where Batwoman on the front cover is seemingly wearing the wrong cowl (very much enjoyed the audiobook, though Kate's voice is harsher than I would have expected and took some getting used to) - it annoys me because so many people confuse Batwoman and Batgirl as is, and getting the cowl wrong just adds to the confusion, but oh well.

Okay, technically, upon closer inspection the cowl on the audiobook isn't wrong, it's just the shadows on top are so dark that the hair on top isn't visible and blends into looking like an overhead cowl - but the effect is the same that on casual glance it looks wrong.

51FipSSOYaL.jpg
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 09-22-2019 at 01:08 AM.

Another piece of mine, showing a speculative (but likely, I think) scenario of Bette winning a national college boxing title while attending West Point, and Kate there to congratulate her. Would've been April 8, 2017.

BetteBoxer.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Thank you for sharing your work!

Happy to do it. Thank you for appreciating it!

Comics accurate cowl in live action!:

BatwomanPreLaunch.jpg

Screen grabs from here: https://twitter.com/ErieNewsNow/stat...70211732398080

The reason for the cowl change was the actress had an allergic reaction to the original, yikes:

Hype hype hype!

Another look at Kate in live-action (SFX Magazine):
    BatwomanSFXMagazineNov19.jpg

I, sadly, will have to catch this later, in the week even. I work today and then my 2nd job is from 7 to 9 tonight and then I have to rush and make a potluck for an event I'm going to tomorrow night. My best chance is possibly Wednesday morning, since I start work later.

Weeeell, I wasn't going to watch it, but after that trailer, I think I've become very interested in this show. It looks pretty, pretty good, to be honest

Mighty Member

I enjoyed the season premiere. Interesting to see which villains of Gotham will show up this season.

Promo for ep 2, looks good:

Oh, sorry, SPOILER WARNING!!! (but only if you never read the comics, but just in case):

I haven't seen it yet, I'm planning to binge a few eps at a time.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-07-2019 at 09:05 PM.

I finally caught it and was mildly pleased. I am thinking better than 'ok'. so I liked it; I'm not very hard to please. I think there are points where Kate's delivery is just a little flat, but mostly good. I think it is in character for her as Kate or Batwoman to be somewhat monotone. I thought her step sister was a hoot and will be watching to see what happens.

Of course we mostly all know that the reveal would be the twist ending, but I did think that overall it was obvious from the earlier flash backs and such. It is such a typical trope, but it still pleases as it sets up the main arc of the season, pretty sure. I'm definitely pleased enough to keep watching.