Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

There’s a movie about La Llorona coming out on April 19th called The Curse of La Llorona.

Hey all!

I've been out of the loop for several months. What's Kate been up to in print since her solo series ended?

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    There’s a movie about La Llorona coming out on April 19th called The Curse of La Llorona.
    Huh, I thought that was already out months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    Hey all!

I've been out of the loop for several months. What's Kate been up to in print since her solo series ended?
    She guest-starred in RH:O #29, and is still together with Renee.

Outside of comics, she debuted on TV, had her series officially ordered, and had a cameo in Young Justice.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/produ...SAEEgLoSfD_BwE

Statue - - but gorgeous! I want the 1/6 scale action figure like this! Now!

When I finally get the Mattel Multiverse figure, I'd like to customize it close to that suit. The CW suit also draws more than a little inspiration from it.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    When I finally get the Mattel Multiverse figure, I'd like to customize it close to that suit. The CW suit also draws more than a little inspiration from it.
    Been nice if the cape of the CW suit were red on the inside. Also why not red boots and gloves on the CW version?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Been nice if the cape of the CW suit were red on the inside. Also why not red boots and gloves on the CW version?
    Looks stealthier.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Looks stealthier.
    I wonder why that never occurred to the Batwoman in the comic books. I guess I kind of prefer a costume as comic book accurate as possible. Still waiting for Flash to put on yellow boots.
    It's not like a red cape, red boots and red gloves would cost more, considering there is already at least five characters in the Arrowverse with red boots. And two with a red cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I wonder why that never occurred to the Batwoman in the comic books. I guess I kind of prefer a costume as comic book accurate as possible. Still waiting for Flash to put on yellow boots.
    It's not like a red cape, red boots and red gloves would cost more, considering there is already at least five characters in the Arrowverse with red boots. And two with a red cape.
    The thing is, it does, sort of. Jacob specifically mentions that red is a good color for night operations because it doesn't pop. This despite it looking very bright.
    So, much like Kate's skin and hair, the red on her uniform must be a different shade in-universe than it appears to us, the audience.

From the IG of Kristian Bailey, sound mixer for Legends of Tomorrow:

Screenshot_20190118-003848.jpg
    Screenshot_20190118-003845.jpg

I'm of the opinion that in dark/darker areas, that most things are not showing their color. For example we have a monitor watching the front of the business. Before we open the lights are dark out there and if you look at the monitor in back, you only see a greyscale kind of view.

Of course this would never work for comic art, but it is a reason why the red should stay, no?

Here's a thing I wrote a while ago about tweezing out facts from stories when they aren't explicitly stated or possibly even intended, using research and logical extrapolation. It uses a scene from Batwoman: Rebirth #1 as its starting point.

https://batwomanandmotherpanic.tumbl...-various-posts

By StineMink:

e3fd4bfc-f14b-4e13-b5cc-de275222643e.jpg

Helena B. is totally Kate's type.

Last edited by Caivu; 01-24-2019 at 05:55 PM.

At long last, Batwoman (and Black Lightning) are going to be added to DC Legends!

IMG_20190125_134944.jpg