Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Kate's short-form booking card from the night she first met Renee:

IMG_20190501_092057.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

By Angel Iniguez:

IMG_20190504_003032.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Amazon release date for Haunted Tides has been pushed back to July 7, 2020.

Extraordinary Member

I need the DCU to figure out whats its gonna do with the arrowverse
    thats 6 series running simultaneously + smallville add them to the streaming app

I'll be watching.

I wonder if she's going to glide, think it's one of those gliding capes? She didn't glide in Elseworlds, but that basically just a cameo appearance.

I'm not a big fan of the comic, but at first I was looking forward to the show coming on. However, am I the only one that thinks Ruby Rose is a terrible actress? Her brief appearance in the Arrowverse crossover didn't give me much hope for her carrying a show of her own. I haven't really seen her on other shows/movies (except John Wick) so I don't know if she's a capable actor in other projects. In John Wick she spoke mainly in sign language so I didn't get to see her acting chops that much. To me she comes across very wooden. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    However, am I the only one that thinks Ruby Rose is a terrible actress? Her brief appearance in the Arrowverse crossover didn't give me much hope for her carrying a show of her own. I haven't really seen her on other shows/movies (except John Wick) so I don't know if she's a capable actor in other projects. In John Wick she spoke mainly in sign language so I didn't get to see her acting chops that much. To me she comes across very wooden. I hope I'm wrong.
    You're definitely not the only one who thinks that, but I'm confused why so many people think she's horrible. I've seen at least a bit of all her roles, and she's fine. The role of Ares is a particularly odd one to bring up, because to me that's actually a great example of her skill, since she had to rely solely on her expressions and body language; that's not easy.

I don't recall seeing her acting on anything else but John Wick, but her acting bugged me (not sure how to explain it). Based on that movie alone I wouldn't judge her though. However, her acting in Arrow was pretty bad. I don't see her carrying a show on her own, unless her acting improves quite a bit.

I never watched OITNB but it's something I've been meaning to watch eventually. Is she good in that?

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    However, her acting in Arrow was pretty bad. I don't see her carrying a show on her own, unless her acting improves quite a bit.
    Really? I thought she was good. Not even close to Oscar-caliber, but good.

I never watched OITNB but it's something I've been meaning to watch eventually. Is she good in that?
    I've only seen a few of her scenes in that, but again, I thought she was good. There's more emotional range with her character in that than usual, and her portrayal wasn't overly dramatic from what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Really? I thought she was good. Not even close to Oscar-caliber, but good.
    Yeah.. just found her to be "wooden" or "amateurish". Again, that's just my opinion, so what do I know.

I have been meaning to watch OITNB eventually. Perhaps I may grow to be a RR fan after seeing it.

The full pilot trailer:

I like a lot of what's in here, but the way it's edited is so weird. It drops right into the main plot without setting up Kate, Sophie has no lines, the scene progression is ambiguous (that is, does Kate become Batwoman before or after Sophie gets taken?), etc. I'm also pretty disappointed that they apparently couldn't use West Point, instead substituting it for "Point Rock" as in the audition scenes, but it's still ambiguous as to whether they actually filmed there or not.

But the look and feels seems on track, accounting for all the adaptational changes.
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-16-2019 at 10:15 AM.