Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    The Batwoman TV series is amazing and each episode keeps getting better. People need to watch this especially because there have been reports the ratings are not doing the best so it could be axed. This would be devastating!
    More people should definitely watch, but any report about it not doing well ratings-wise is full of it. It's been the second-most popular show on the CW behind The Flash for several weeks in a row, and is doing well for a CW show. Even their worst-rated show right now, Nancy Drew, is considered very likely to be renewed.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

"Supergirl" came to the CW from CBS, because CBS deemed its ratings sub-par. Which was okay for CW because those rating were considered better for their station/shows/ranking. (more or less as you say).

And that is the thing. What rates low on the regular/main networks is seen as pretty decent for these other channels.

I've enjoyed Batwoman, and it literally does get better. The plotting and sub plots for sure. I read other sites that review such shows (IGN for example) and I may not agree with their summations. Rachael, who plays Alice was said to be not developed enough or better realized, but I have to disagree. People who are crazy as she is portrayed may indeed have that kind of 'zany'. I've been around them. Detroit, urban, etc.

Precious reviewers! In my last post here, I mentioned that some reviewers mention that Rachael who plays Alice is not the best portrayal or other thoughts.

But now I'm looking at reviews where her acting/character are lauded more or less.

I personally like her portrayal. But it is a little over the top. I suppose it should be.

I am enjoying it. And hoping Kate begins to bond with Mary as sisters.

Just getting tired of having to explain Kate Kane Batwoman on quora every other question it seems like. Even some of the other answers are incorrect, like they read up until like, 2012 or something and stopped. Or skipped anything with her in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I am enjoying it. And hoping Kate begins to bond with Mary as sisters.

Just getting tired of having to explain Kate Kane Batwoman on quora every other question it seems like. Even some of the other answers are incorrect, like they read up until like, 2012 or something and stopped. Or skipped anything with her in it.
    What, people still getting Batgirl and Batwoman mixed-up?

Tell them to go watch Lego Batman: Family Matters - there you can clearly see that Batgirl and Batwoman are different characters, within the same universe. It can also teach them that there are multiple Robins.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    What, people still getting Batgirl and Batwoman mixed-up?

Tell them to go watch Lego Batman: Family Matters - there you can clearly see that Batgirl and Batwoman are different characters, within the same universe. It can also teach them that there are multiple Robins.
    Some, yes. Others thinking Kate has never interacted with the other Bats (obviously having skipped Rebirth, as an example).

Yes, this. But than DC doesn't help by having Kara be "Supergirl-Eternal".

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    The Batwoman TV series is amazing and each episode keeps getting better. People need to watch this especially because there have been reports the ratings are not doing the best so it could be axed. This would be devastating!
    Here:
    https://www.thegeekbuzz.com/news/sup...llation-sight/

Mighty Member

Glad Geek Buzz proved particular sites wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post

That was a great article and im so glad the ratings are doing great because I love the Batwoman show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    More people should definitely watch, but any report about it not doing well ratings-wise is full of it. It's been the second-most popular show on the CW behind The Flash for several weeks in a row, and is doing well for a CW show. Even their worst-rated show right now, Nancy Drew, is considered very likely to be renewed.
    But the numbers look not that great if you compare it to what the other shows did in their first seasons.

If these number here are correct Legends of Tomorrow (which is afaik the least popular Arrowverse Show) dropped in it's first season never below 1,6 Million. It was not untill season 4 that it numbers dropped down to 1 Million (which is where Batwoman is roughly now).

But that Batwomans ratings stared already that low, might also be due to a general decline in interest for the Arrowverse.

Getting back to Comics-Kate, she's due to make another appearance in the Batwoman/Supergirl Giant, Gotham City Monsters, and also an appearance in Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy next year.

She's close to being in limbo, but at least the guest appearances are still happening. I hope they put her in a Team Book somewhere, but without Batman or his kids - Batwoman needs to be with other adults.

She's one of the few Bat-Family members without her own team anyway.

There's a page from the Giant out in the wild, and it's... not good:

IMG_20191116_085611.jpg

For one thing, we know from Mother Panic and Ragman how Kate deals with unknown superheroes, and it's the exact opposite of this.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    There's a page from the Giant out in the wild, and it's... not good
    I was disappointed when I saw this on Bleeding Cool yesterday. And, if you google the Giant, there are images from what I suspect is the 8-page story that are also, in my opinion, not good. Sigh.

That is cringe in the worst way. For both characters/