Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Kate's short-form booking card from the night she first met Renee:

Attachment 81858
    I always did kind of wonder whether Renee brought Kate in if she was actually drinking and driving when they met. It would be pretty in-character for Renee to still arrest her after they had that "meet cute" moment .

(I've actually kind of been curious if Kate has a criminal record from her "messed up" period).
    It's pretty cool to see Batwoman in this, especially since it's aimed for younger audiences .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (I've actually kind of been curious if Kate has a criminal record from her "messed up" period).
    I don't think she does. There's no indication of it, and she ended up having FBI education (likely as part of their New Agent Training Program) as part of her Batwoman training, so legally she's almost certainly clean. A DWI only counts as a traffic offense in new Jersey, but I don't think she'd even have one of those (I'm actually writing up a court transcript of that very trial, incidentally).
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

The full pilot trailer:

I like a lot of what's in here, but the way it's edited is so weird. It drops right into the main plot without setting up Kate, Sophie has no lines, the scene progression is ambiguous (that is, does Kate become Batwoman before or after Sophie gets taken?), etc. I'm also pretty disappointed that they apparently couldn't use West Point, instead substituting it for "Point Rock" as in the audition scenes, but it's still ambiguous as to whether they actually filmed there or not.

But the look and feels seems on track, accounting for all the adaptational changes.
    The Trailer looks pretty good.

The only thing I don't like is how they changed Luke Fox. They have apparently transformed him into one of the nerdy computer guys, they seem to put in all of their DC shows

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Ruby talks a little bit about the CRISIS and crossovers among the other ARROWVERSE shows.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/05/16/...nd-other-secr/

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The only thing I don't like is how they changed Luke Fox. They have apparently transformed him into one of the nerdy computer guys, they seem to put in all of their DC shows
    Well... Luke is nerdy. That's not wrong. Besides, he holds Kate at Taser-point with a proper pistol grip, so he knows something about how to defend himself. Plus, Camrus Johnson had some boxing practice on Instagram during the filming, so Luke may still be an MMA fighter here.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Extraordinary Member

Well... Luke is nerdy. That's not wrong. Besides, he holds Kate at Taser-point with a proper pistol grip, so he knows something about how to defend himself. Plus, Camrus Johnson had some boxing practice on Instagram during the filming, so Luke may still be an MMA fighter here.
    He still comes of like a clone of Curtis.

He still comes of like a clone of Curtis.
    I haven't watched Arrow, so I don't know this Curtis character. But Luke has barely any screen-time in the trailer, so although he may be the same archetype, I'd say once the series gets going proper he'll probably differentiate. Or I would hope so.

This kinda bratty version of Kate is going to take some getting used to though, at least for me. Can you apply a 'Remus Complex' to cousins?

Let's see: jealous/resentful of the older one's success, feeling of being in their shadow. As for striving to outdo, yet to be seen.

I am looking forward to the series though, and despite being somewhat cheesy, I did enjoy the trailer.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 05-17-2019 at 06:31 AM.

By Fernando Blanco:

D6yGBFCXoAAhi7o.jpg

[QUOTE=Bat-Meal;4361003]I haven't watched Arrow, so I don't know this Curtis character. But Luke has barely any screen-time in the trailer, so although he may be the same archetype, I'd say once the series gets going proper he'll probably differentiate. Or I would hope so.

This kinda bratty version of Kate is going to take some getting used to though, at least for me. Can you apply a 'Remus Complex' to cousins?

Let's see: jealous/resentful of the older one's success, feeling of being in their shadow. As for striving to outdo, yet to be seen.

I am looking forward to the series though, and despite being somewhat cheesy, I did enjoy the trailer.[/QUOTE
    It’ll be interesting to see kate’s Character take shape, and who is responsible for molding her attitude. Because i’m Not even sure how close she was to Bruce, or if she comes to understand why he did what he did to become Batman. I don’t think I understand where this attitude of wanting to outdo him comes from, or why she should even care about helping Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    It’ll be interesting to see kate’s Character take shape, and who is responsible for molding her attitude. Because i’m Not even sure how close she was to Bruce, or if she comes to understand why he did what he did to become Batman. I don’t think I understand where this attitude of wanting to outdo him comes from, or why she should even care about helping Gotham.
    Kate's story is profoundly different here. In the comics, she molded herself after Jacob after the kidnapping ordeal; here, he apparently sent her away for her own safety. The audition scenes indicate that Kate was way more rebellious as a cadet; in the comics, she was hesitant about even taking her new car out for a drive to celebrate the start of her last year, while TV!Kate apparently snuck an entire floor of cadets off post to go to a rave.

Everything indicates that TV!Kate is not going to start off rather mature and disciplined like her comic counterpart, and that includes not understanding why Bruce was Batman. But I think she'll develop out of that immaturity; Elseworlds already seems to show that.

I'm looking forward to this show.

Did The CW give a premier date? All I know is that Batwoman will air on Sundays.

Kate and Renee will appear in Black Mask: Year of the Villain #1:

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...21900974170112

I'm still worried someone will break them up.

TV generally has one hour a week and will likely go for more visual/dynamics. Whereas in comics the story develops differently and over a longer period of time perhaps. So yeah, this Kate is not exactly like Kate in her comic book.

I'm still looking forward to this very much.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I haven't watched Arrow, so I don't know this Curtis character. But Luke has barely any screen-time in the trailer, so although he may be the same archetype, I'd say once the series gets going proper he'll probably differentiate. Or I would hope so.
    They have a lot of goofy nerd charcters in all of their shows (Curtis, Cisco, Felicity, Ray, Nate, Winn ...) to me it looks pretty much as they are going for the same archetype again. And I think like in the case of Curtis, that this would be quite a down grade, from the comics version. (In case of Curtis it is even worse).

Btw. it looks like there allready plently of guys on Youtube complaining about the series beeing to "woke".

They have a lot of goofy nerd charcters in all of their shows (Curtis, Cisco, Felicity, Ray, Nate, Winn ...) to me it looks pretty much as they are going for the same archetype again.
    Yeah, Luke sure looked goofy and nerdy when he was holding Kate at Taser-point.

Btw. it looks like there allready plently of guys on Youtube complaining about the series beeing to "woke".
    So? Who cares what they think?