Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Kate officially debuted as Batwoman 13 years ago today in 52 #11.

52_11.jpg

Cover by J.G. Jones and Alex Sinclair.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

DC’s retailer presentation has a slide featuring the upcoming $1 reprints and it says “$1 reprints of comics from key backlist titles that tie into new projects.” New Batwoman series being announced soon?
    Last edited by Twice-named; 07-19-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    DC’s retailer presentation has a slide featuring the upcoming $1 reprints and it says “$1 reprints of comics from key backlist titles that tie into new projects.” New Batwoman series being announced soon?
    Maybe. New projects could technically include non-comic projects, though.

Edit: Looking at that slide, that seems to be so; Harley Quinn has a new animated series and is in the upcoming BoP movie, Hush has an animated movie coming soon, and CoIE is the next Arrowverse crossover.
    Last edited by Caivu; 07-19-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Maybe. New projects could technically include non-comic projects, though.

Edit: Looking at that slide, that seems to be so; Harley Quinn has a new animated series and is in the upcoming BoP movie, Hush has an animated movie coming soon, and CoIE is the next Arrowverse crossover.
    Could be. I would think the phrase “new projects” in a presentation to retailers means comics. But maybe not. Though Harley is in the new Birds of Prey series that Azzarello is writing. And signs seem to be pointing to a new crisis next year. I don’t know about Hush. Maybe there’s something in the works involving him that we don’t know about yet.
    Last edited by Twice-named; 07-19-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Nothing from the October solicits... except that she's on one of the Catwoman #17 covers... with a miscolored, green mask.
    Last edited by Caivu; 07-23-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Nothing from the October solicits... except that she's on one of the Catwoman #17 covers... with a miscolored, green mask.
    I don’t think it’s miscolored. It looks like it’s supposed to be a lighting effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I don’t think it’s miscolored. It looks like it’s supposed to be a lighting effect.
    I really hope she gets on a comic again soon. Her run on Detective Comics was really good, it's too bad they had her written out of the ensemble series. I guess it's typical for Bat-stuff that there is always an element of tragedy in the stories so having things fall apart isn't unexpected.

Hopefully she gets to be on a team again or gets her own series.

New young readers book out this January:

IMG_20190728_005317.jpg

Extraordinary Member

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07...remiere-review

Doesn't sound that great. And seems to confirm my concerns, about them just reusing the same archetypes for the supporting cast again ...
    Last edited by Aahz; 07-28-2019 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

Doesn't sound that great. And seems to confirm my concerns, about them just reusing the same archetypes for the supporting cast again ...
    That's one review. Here, have four positive ones!

http://fangirlish.com/batwoman-premi...r-free-review/

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2019/7/18...view-sdcc-2019

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/batw...w-spoiler-free

And for good measure, a collection of mostly positive reactions from preview night:

https://decider.com/2019/07/17/batwo...fan-reactions/

Thanks for the reviews. I think they are fair and I am so waiting for this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

That's pretty much why I just avoid Arrowverse shows. You seen one -- you seen them all. Why do these single character shows always have to have such a huge ensemble cast? Answer -- they don't, but CW and Berlanti like their cookie cutters, so we're stuck.

The large/r ensembles are everywhere in most episodic TV. Comedy, fantasy, detective, etc.

I think the idea is to have cross section of 'types' so that many viewers will find one or more they relate to, and thus become a fan.

Having said that I'm pretty good with it. I'm the typical, Oh, I like that character but then notice a cast/guest and think I like them as much or more.

"I came for Batwoman, I stayed for Bette", would be my typical lament. I had not idea that one of my fave characters from the Silver Age would be tooling around with Kate, until I saw 'Elegy'. I have loved them both. I guess in the Batwoman show, she won't really be my fave. But I'll probably love the show anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That's pretty much why I just avoid Arrowverse shows. You seen one -- you seen them all. Why do these single character shows always have to have such a huge ensemble cast? Answer -- they don't, but CW and Berlanti like their cookie cutters, so we're stuck.
    How is having an ensemble cast a problem? Most shows have those, and less than 10 people is hardly huge.