Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    It’s more a celebration of Detective Comics. It includes two issues from before Batman’s first appearance (#s 1 and 20).
    In that case, it'll be the 82nd anniversary. It's Batman's 80th anniversary, but they use that to celebrate Detective Comics too because they're 2 years late.

New page? Time to relink my relevant fics!

In chronological order:

Well-Matched

Cadet Scrap

The Serpent's House

New In Town (WIP)

Scratchings (WIP)

Batwoman: Queen of Phantoms (WIP)

Edit:

And here's a link to Progman's series The Unstoppable Batwoman, which may just be the most extensive, in-depth Batwoman fanfiction out there.
    Last edited by Caivu; 01-03-2019 at 08:13 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

By Nina Linovna:

20190105_082010.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

By Nate Niles:

IMG_20190105_212617.jpg

Well, apparently Batwoman's appearance in YJO so far was just a several-second non-animated cameo. Hopefully there's more later.

BANNED

Has Batwoman ever came on to any of the female heros?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

She's not exactly flirty in costume. The ones I know was when she's fangirling on Wonder Woman and Zatanna but she kept it to herself.

She is always professional, in the service of crime busting.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Has Batwoman ever came on to any of the female heros?
    She's crushed on a couple, but not directly. She leaves flirting for off-hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    No, it does. That's just a highlight.

Here's a good look at the cowl:

Attachment 75984
    I want to see a Batwoman with that WTF factor - the chalk-white face, the black lipstick, the white eyes. For whatever reason, the white face-paint didn't make it to the CW Elseworlds thing. I think we're getting a Nolanesque treatment of her, and I guess that's orale for newer fans, like me. Also...a Batwing-styled plane, please.

For my money, TV Batwoman has got to bring the toys, folks.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-10-2019 at 02:03 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I want to see a Batwoman with that WTF factor - the chalk-white face, the black lipstick, the white eyes. For whatever reason, the white face-paint didn't make it to the CW Elseworlds thing.
    Well... that's because that's not actually a thing. :P

Kate is just drawn pale to make her more visually striking. Her hair, in-universe, also isn't actually fire-engine red (since it's shown as that same color when she's a kid).

Eyewhites would also look weird and buglike in live action, since they're fixed and don't follow facial expressions the way they can in comics. Plus there are reasonable safety concerns there.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Well... that's because that's not actually a thing. :P

Kate is just drawn pale to make her more visually striking. Her hair, in-universe, also isn't actually fire-engine red (since it's shown as that same color when she's a kid).

Eyewhites would also look weird and buglike in live action, since they're fixed and don't follow facial expressions the way they can in comics. Plus there are reasonable safety concerns there.
    idk I think eye whites worked well in Black Panther. I know it's CGI, but photos of the practical one also look good. But yeah, it could be a safety problem and maybe not worth it in the end. I do hope they make her as pale as possible in the show, though.

By Elena Casagrande:

IMG_20190109_124649.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    idk I think eye whites worked well in Black Panther. I know it's CGI, but photos of the practical one also look good. But yeah, it could be a safety problem and maybe not worth it in the end. I do hope they make her as pale as possible in the show, though.
    When they paint someone's face it just ends up disappointing people. Indigo, Red Tornado, Silver Banshee, Brainiac 5, Livewire are good examples of where they tried and got a lot of criticism. Now that may be
    because a lot of people hate the Supergirl TV show and looks for excuses to criticize Supergirl where something on another show gets a pass. But Batwoman might not fare any better.

Updated respect thread.

Also worth mentioning (since I don't think it's been done yet in this thread) is the list of martial arts Kate is confirmed to know, for the sake of reference. I'm going to quote her DC Wiki entry here, minus citations to remove clutter:

Modern Army Combatives: A requirement for West Point cadets, MAC is a hybrid of various forms, such as:
    - Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    - Judo
    - Eskrima
    - Wrestling
    Boxing: Kate was a boxer at West Point, though this was not a requirement for female cadets during her time there. It's possible Jacob may have taught her even earlier than that.
    Karate: Given the general viciousness of Kate's fights, she was most likely trained in the Kyokushin style.
    Krav Maga
    Muay Thai
    Ninjitsu: Though not a style in and of itself, Kate has demonstrated many of the component skills of ninjitsu, such as unarmed combat, throwing, stealth, horse riding, tactical analysis, geographical knowledge, espionage, disguise, swords, chain weapons, and use of firearms and explosives.
    Tae Kwon Do
    Wing Chun
    A lot of that is based on research I did, inspired by similar breakdowns done by the YouTuber Godzillarex.
    Last edited by Caivu; 01-11-2019 at 05:58 PM.