Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    He didn't push her to join the Army, though. That was all her choice. Had she actually been commissioned, Colony service could have been a thing he brought up to her naturally in time. Intent isn't manipulation, because there's nothing he could have done to manipulate her into that prior to her becoming Batwoman.

That's not manipulation so much as it is Jacob not understanding his daughter, which is a trait of his established years earlier. He doesn't understand that being Batwoman already fulfills her, however tempting a more legitimate role might be. That's why he offered it to her.
    I disagree, the reveal of the Colony-Batwoman-Suit suggests to me he'd been planning it for a time. In either case, I can't view him the same way when he shows-up in the comics, for as long as the Colony story-line remains cannon. He's lied to Kate about numerous important things now, and that seems likely the direction they are also going in for the television series, though I'll have to wait until I'm able to watch the series to find out.

Jacob was also the one who suggested she become Batwoman, otherwise she only really chose to become a vigilante on her own, and the whole Colony saga basically said Jacob wanted an 'improved' version of the Bat, or well an army of them.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-13-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I disagree, the reveal of the Colony-Batwoman-Suit suggests to me he'd been planning it for a time.
    Exactly. Just for as long as she had been Batwoman, roughly. Not from the moment she decided to join the Army.

I can buy that he had a picture of Kate serving alongside him since that time, but not active planning; that involves too many maybes. What if she thought serving alongside her dad would be weird or nepotistic? What if she decided to go into an incompatible branch? Or was stationed somewhere she was badly needed in another role? Etc.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

The whole Colony saga re-framed Jacob as a character for me. He was heroic before, now he verges on antagonistic - he's not trust-worthy. The status quo may have returned, but as I said before, I can't see him the same way now.

I don't doubt for a moment that in all versions he loves his daughter and would do anything to protect her, but he's more of a Noah Bennet (Heroes TV series) kind of character now than another Alfred - and by that I mean firmly in the greys. This admittedly does make him far more interesting though, so it isn't all bad.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-14-2019 at 01:42 AM.

Batwoman is in Batman #81 along with most of the Batfamily. That could be good or bad, depending on whether or not she and the rest of the family, are only used to make Batman and Catwoman look good by comparison.

I decided to check out a review for the TV series on a feminist blog to see what was being said - actually made me chuckle. Make no mistake, the review was gushing, and most comments were positive - but a number of the comments were stupid funny IMHO.

In addition to the usual attacking RR over her acting, there was also that she is too:

"Appealing to straight girls"
    Pretty
    Young
    Young-Looking
    'Soft'
    Tanned
    'Skinny'

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batwoman is in Batman #81 along with most of the Batfamily. That could be good or bad, depending on whether or not she and the rest of the family, are only used to make Batman and Catwoman look good by comparison.

I decided to check out a review for the TV series on a feminist blog to see what was being said - actually made me chuckle. Make no mistake, the review was gushing, and most comments were positive - but a number of the comments were stupid funny IMHO.

In addition to the usual attacking RR over her acting, there was also that she is too:

"Appealing to straight girls"
    Pretty
    Young
    Young-Looking
    'Soft'
    Tanned
    'Skinny'
    So they want 40-something pale chubby butch lesbian? Probably with glasses, black tank top, trainers, and one earing? I know I'm stereotyping but if you take what they're protesting that's the image I get?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So they want 40-something pale chubby butch lesbian? Probably with glasses, black tank top, trainers, and one earing? I know I'm stereotyping but if you take what they're protesting that's the image I get?
    Lol, yeah I don't know which Batwoman comics they've been reading, but obviously not the same ones. Although, if there was an Elseworlds with a chubby middle-aged Batwoman, I would probably check it out too - I enjoy most alternate versions of Kate Kane, with the exception of that one time they turned her into an actual vampire. And now I'm wondering what RR would look like in a fat-suit.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-14-2019 at 10:40 PM.

Not confirmed, but there are rumors that Batwoman has been renewed for a second season. As I said, rumor, not confirmed.
    Could be true, since Titans got renewed for it's second season before the first one really got going, but take it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So instead of Ruby Rose from Orange is the New Black, they would have been happier with Lea DeLaria. Gotta admit her her Big Boo character was hilarious and tough as nails. Tougher than Ruby Rose's character.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So instead of Ruby Rose from Orange is the New Black, they would have been happier with Lea DeLaria. Gotta admit her her Big Boo character was hilarious and tough as nails. Tougher than Ruby Rose's character.

You're probably right. And I would watch that version as well.

You're probably right. And I would watch that version as well.
    Be kind of cool to have a superhero that didn't look like a supermodel. And Lea does snark better than a lot of people cast as superheroes. I can totally see her ridiculing villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Be kind of cool to have a superhero that didn't look like a supermodel. And Lea does snark better than a lot of people cast as superheroes. I can totally see her ridiculing villains.
    Do the Hulks count? That's the first thing that comes to mind when talking about non-supermodel superheros. Although, I guess they would be more like bodybuilders.

That reminds me, sounds like they are considering changing Batwoman's wig later on, as it gets in the way:
    http://batwomantv.com/interview-ep-s...iews-batwoman/

I'm supposing they would just shorten it.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-18-2019 at 05:07 AM.

Do the Hulks count? That's the first thing that comes to mind when talking about non-supermodel superheros. Although, I guess they would be more like bodybuilders.

That reminds me, sounds like they are considering changing Batwoman's wig later on, as it gets in the way:
    http://batwomantv.com/interview-ep-s...iews-batwoman/

I'm supposing they would just shorten it.
    As long as it's still noticeable, hopefully shortening it won't hurt the iconography of the look .

Batwoman will appears in Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy #5 in January.

HarleyQuinnPoisonIvy#5_2020.jpg

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-solici...-january-2020/

And she's in Justice League #35 (Francis Manapul art):

Screenshot_20191018-142123.jpg

I guess Thomas didn't beat her up too bad... :/
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I guess Thomas didn't beat her up too bad... :/
    Apart from Tim getting stabbed, the rest were probably just KO'd.