Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

I finally got around to reading the Batwoman story from the newest Batman Giant. It's fine. Fun fight scene; Kate's just the right mix of fighty and smart but not too quippy (but she's also weirdly speechy at the end).

I don't know if it's supposed to be in Prime Earth continuity. If it is, then it either completely retcons some of Talon and a fair bit of Batman, inc., or else Lord Death Man was imprisoned in space again, unseen.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Finally finished Chapter 2 of my continuation fic to the Rebirth series:

Batwoman: Queen of Phantoms
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Kate Kane for Elle magazine, October 2019:

KateElle2.jpg

Sorry if this is not the right/best place to discuss the CW's Batwoman, but I had to say that each episode seems better, like they're finding their ground.

The story about what happened to Beth/Alice is somewhat altered but the main points seem to be there - but we still are a ways off from knowing everything about Alice' hidden years.

Its pretty solid - and here is how I know for sure - my wife really can't stand to watch most TV cape shows. She says she likes Flash, but I know she is just being 'habitual'. But she actually was watching BW and asked me a question. I felt like I was in heaven - - my mate actually is interested in something that I am, wowowowowo

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Sorry if this is not the right/best place to discuss the CW's Batwoman, but I had to say that each episode seems better, like they're finding their ground.

The story about what happened to Beth/Alice is somewhat altered but the main points seem to be there - but we still are a ways off from knowing everything about Alice' hidden years.

Its pretty solid - and here is how I know for sure - my wife really can't stand to watch most TV cape shows. She says she likes Flash, but I know she is just being 'habitual'. But she actually was watching BW and asked me a question. I felt like I was in heaven - - my mate actually is interested in something that I am, wowowowowo
    Yep, the show has been getting better with each episode.

spoilers:
    Gotta feel bad for the step-sister. Found out her mother lied about finding Beth's bones, found out Kate knew Alice was Beth, and is trying to find her own place. And just wanted to be seen as Kate's sister.

I get the feeling she'll be let in on the secret in time. Having a medical expert (even a student) would be beneficial for Kate without having to hide her identity.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Jackalope89; 11-04-2019 at 08:42 PM.

Not wanting to be rude, but not all of us have seen the latest episode yet (or the series at all for that matter), maybe hide some of that under the spoiler tag.

Kate's supporting cast is more interesting in the show the comics though, that is true. Especially since in the later comics they seem to have gotten rid of most of her supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Not wanting to be rude, but not all of us have seen the latest episode yet (or the series at all for that matter), maybe hide some of that under the spoiler tag.

Kate's supporting cast is more interesting in the show the comics though, that is true. Especially since in the later comics they seem to have gotten rid of most of her supporting cast.
    To be fair, only one thing of that is technically a spoiler of the latest episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    To be fair, only one thing of that is technically a spoiler of the latest episode.
    Yeah well, I haven't seen the latest episode yet , and I know that not everyone has access to the series yet because of some HBO Max thing.

Kinda excited to see how this Batwoman/Supergirl comic goes, since as far as I know the two have never even met in the comics before now. Apparently they will be fighting the Religion of Crime.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 11-04-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Yeah well, I haven't seen the latest episode yet , and I know that not everyone has access to the series yet because of some HBO Max thing.

Kinda excited to see how this Batwoman/Supergirl comic goes, since as far as I know the two have never even met in the comics before now. Apparently they will be fighting the Religion of Crime.
    I just watch it on CW, so...

Some have wondered whether Mary will become a cape too, and I'm not against that, but I think the current episode shows there are plenty of meaty stories for Mary and Catherine too. It was a slow start, but it has improved each ep, to me.

That's one of my main complaints about the later Batwoman runs...Kate has a great supporting cast, but subsequent writers keep brushing them to the side.
    That said, I am enjoying the development of Mary and Catherine on the TV show. Catherine was pretty much a non-entity in the comics.
    I also don't recall much being mentioned about Alice's "lost years", so am enjoying seeing that play out in flashbacks on the show.

The Batwoman TV series is amazing and each episode keeps getting better. People need to watch this especially because there have been reports the ratings are not doing the best so it could be axed. This would be devastating!