Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Sophie Moore's senior portrait, another one of my pieces:

SophSmall.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Looks like a new collected edition of the New 52 Batwoman series is coming out.

D1A38406-EC7D-4A4A-9CF5-54F1C5721FDD.jpg

No description yet. Here are the product details:

C02D5111-B112-4B6B-B3B6-549C346C1341.jpg
    Last edited by Twice-named; 02-27-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Looks like a new collected edition of the New 52 Batwoman series is coming out.

D1A38406-EC7D-4A4A-9CF5-54F1C5721FDD.jpg

No description yet. Here are the product details:

C02D5111-B112-4B6B-B3B6-549C346C1341.jpg
    Well... on the one hand, yay! But on the other hand, why? Maybe to coincide with the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Well... on the one hand, yay! But on the other hand, why? Maybe to coincide with the show?
    DC Comics does seem to drop the ball with their characters. Cancelled the Supergirl comic book when it was known there would be a Supergirl TV show and then DC Comics
    had to scramble to get a Supergirl comic book out. Now there is likely a Batwoman TV show coming but right now no Batwoman comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    DC Comics does seem to drop the ball with their characters. Cancelled the Supergirl comic book when it was known there would be a Supergirl TV show and then DC Comics
    had to scramble to get a Supergirl comic book out. Now there is likely a Batwoman TV show coming but right now no Batwoman comic book.
    The series doesn't even start filming until Monday. Makes more sense to release something near when it'll air.

By Huang-Jun:

IMG_20190302_112322.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    The series doesn't even start filming until Monday. Makes more sense to release something near when it'll air.
    I'm of the idea neither one should have been cancelled in the first place knowing they were both going to get a TV series. Just seems like poor marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I'm of the idea neither one should have been cancelled in the first place knowing they were both going to get a TV series. Just seems like poor marketing.
    It does give somewhat of a mixed message about the companies confidence in the characters.

But, I suspect most of the audience who will watch the shows don't read the comics, and those that did prior to cancellations may be more likely to tune in to the shows if they remain hungry for that character. I for one am more interested in the upcoming show than I probably would have been otherwise, since I can't get any new official Batwoman stories elsewhere. And watching Supergirl and Flash hasn't inspired me to read any of their comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    It does give somewhat of a mixed message about the companies confidence in the characters.

But, I suspect most of the audience who will watch the shows don't read the comics, and those that did prior to cancellations may be more likely to tune in to the shows if they remain hungry for that character. I for one am more interested in the upcoming show than I probably would have been otherwise, since I can't get any new official Batwoman stories elsewhere. And watching Supergirl and Flash hasn't inspired me to read any of their comics.
    I never had any interest in Supergirl until the TV show and now I read the comic books. Though while I watch Flash and Arrow, I am not interested enough in them to read their comic books. So mixed reaction.

Essentially true, which is why (with Marvel at least) the comic versions tend to morph into/from the movie representation. Comics sell very little compared to all the profits of the movies; merchandise, etc.

But you can most likely bet, that the series and its possible 'taking off' promise, will generate either a new volume for Kate, or increased appearances. It would be nice if Kate (and presumably Bette and Jacob, others) may show up in other non-comic media presentations; the Young Justice cartoon or Titans, or ?

Supergirl is of course one of my dearest characters, having loved her from her '60s comic book incarnation, the Slater movie, etc. So watching her TV has given me more interest in her comic (I mostly left DC after the mid '80s Crisis, which gutted Supergirl and other beloved characters).

It took me a while to begin reading DC again, and I'm still not very deep in their universe these days. But stories with strong and/or sympathethic female characters will do it for me. Supergirl, Batwoman, Flamebird, etc.

Extraordinary Member

I guess a TV show would more likely generate sales for TPB than for floppies.

And in case of Marvel TV shows and movies did rarely lead to significantly better comic sales.

Kate was in Doomsday Clock #9 today. spoilers:
    And apparently gets killed with the other adult batfamily members besides Bruce.
    end of spoilers