Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Teresa Parker = Ultimate Spider-Woman?!

This is something I have been thinking recently. After the last issue of "Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man", it seems confirmed that Teresa Parker is actually Peter's sister. It's a little weird, but I like the idea. However, it made me think about something.

As some of you know, after the second "Spider-Men", we gladly discovered that the Ultimate reality is back into existence. And in this reality, we have a female clone of Peter Parker who is Spider-Woman. This character actually gathers elements from some known names:
    + Being a "sibling clone" of Peter Parker, she clearly has traits of Ben Reilly, the original Scarlet Spider. (In his original self, not his actual "broken self" from "Dead No More").
    + She has the name of Jessica Drew, the original Spider-Woman.

However, all things considered now, like being a female version of Peter Parker (who is now like her sister), I believe the Ultimate Spider-Woman now should be considered as the alternative version of Teresa Parker. And similar to how both Miles Morales switched realities, maybe something will happen that will make Teresa gain her own Spider-Powers in the future. I mean, just look at Teresa's suit. Taking away the Falcon/Vulture's wings, her red outfit looks like a lot like Ultimate Spider-Woman's original suit. Don't you think?

Nah, Ultimate Jessica is just a female Ben with Jessica's name. Teresa is her own thing.

Also really don't think she should get Spider-powers, at best I've joked about her becoming a Black Widow to keep the Spider theme, but even that I don't think it should be done, even if Natasha wasn't around, just let her be Peter's sister who's a normal badass and it'll be fine.

Don't forget Ultimate Jessica Drew working with S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Ultimates, that's the other major connection to 616 Jessica Drew. And given Teresa also has her spy background, I can definitely see where this connection comes from.

Although, I feel like all of it will probably end up just being coincidental, I don't think she'll actually be the equivalent to Ultimate Jessica, because like they mentioned, she's already just Ben and Jess combined.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I would just let her be the new Iron Spider. It'd be a good compromise; she'd have a tech suit that emulated Spider-Man's powers instead of having spider-powers herself. Or, given that the Venom symbiote just spawned in yesterday's most recent issue and both it and Brock want the baby symbiote to eventually bond with someone they can trust not to make it into a monster . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I would just let her be the new Iron Spider. It'd be a good compromise; she'd have a tech suit that emulated Spider-Man's powers instead of having spider-powers herself....
    I think this is the best option as well.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I would just let her be the new Iron Spider. It'd be a good compromise; she'd have a tech suit that emulated Spider-Man's powers instead of having spider-powers herself. Or, given that the Venom symbiote just spawned in yesterday's most recent issue and both it and Brock want the baby symbiote to eventually bond with someone they can trust not to make it into a monster . . .
    I'd rather have her wear a suit Peter built for her, not getting it from Tony. She has no connection to Tony anyways, so I don't think there's any point in making her an Iron Spider. Having said that, I actually prefer your second idea - have her become a symbiote host.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

I don't think Peter would encourage that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think Peter would encourage that.
    Maybe it would cause him to not be so damn "kill em all" with symbiotes. I know that they have to preserve some sort of dynamic with Venom now that he doesn't have his vendetta, but damn, Peter is such a freaking dick when Venom is involved nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    Maybe it would cause him to not be so damn "kill em all" with symbiotes. I know that they have to preserve some sort of dynamic with Venom now that he doesn't have his vendetta, but damn, Peter is such a freaking dick when Venom is involved nowadays.
    I agree. While what Eddie/Venom symbiote did to him in the past (and importantly MJ) gives me some understanding towards his dislike to Eddie/Venom his kill all/hate all symbiotes attitude is annoying and unjust. It would feel like good character development if Peter looked inside and discovered that while his 'ism' towards the symbites started due to one symbite his hate can't apply or be justified at all to other individuals symbites plus Peter saw that the Venom symbiote itself is trying to do right now but his attitude and attacks are just possibilities to destroy that foward movements in developments.

To acknowledge that within a evil exists is hard to do and to learn and go foward with reconsion of self evil/weakness (this case Peter's 'ism' towards symbites and even some other things/people) and fighting it off with forgiveness and trying to be better.

The showcasing of the symbiotes being different characters/individuals and having a separate voice/characterization was one of the influences of a idea I posted in the Kamala Khan fan page involving her and her symbiote for the time being during this 'Venomized' event. http://community.comicbookresources....iation/page310

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I'd rather have her wear a suit Peter built for her, not getting it from Tony. She has no connection to Tony anyways, so I don't think there's any point in making her an Iron Spider. Having said that, I actually prefer your second idea - have her become a symbiote host.
    Earth 616 Spinneret

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    It also annoys me because Venom: Space Knight already had that part where Spider-Man learns about the Venom symbiote's true purpose, and the symbiote even apologizes to him, but then he's back to "Screw all Symbiotes" in Venom Inc. Although the ending of that story seemed to insinuate he's understanding again, so hopefully it sticks.

Teresa with a symbiote would be interesting, I just wonder if it'll be a "symbiote too far" considering we've already been in symbiote overload for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Teresa with a symbiote would be interesting, I just wonder if it'll be a "symbiote too far" considering we've already been in symbiote overload for a while.
    It honestly almost feels like that having any symbiote at all is already too much lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It honestly almost feels like that having any symbiote at all is already too much lol.
    For me ot should be down to Venom (Eddie Brock), Carnage and Toxin (bexause the idea of an anti heroe ymbiote is kind of interesting and Patrick Mulligan was interesting enougth).

I feel like the Spider-Franchise ebbs and flows from "too many Spiders" to "too many Symbiotes."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the Spider-Franchise ebbs and flows from "too many Spiders" to "too many Symbiotes."
    Isn't that the truth lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."