I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Default What was the red badge on Led Leeds' Hobgoblin's costume

Does anyone know what the deal is with the red badge Ned Leeds' Hobgoblin is wearing at the time of his death? Was it a sign of his allegiance to The Rose in the gang war?

I'm sure I used to know this, but it's been a while since I read these issues and now it's really bugging me.

Hob1.jpg
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I believe that was a switch that activated the computerized blasters from his gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I believe that was a switch that activated the computerized blasters from his gloves.
    more specifically, the randomized blast function (see the issue with the Beyonder that reprints Amazing Fantasy #1) that Hobgoblin had incorporated into his outfit at one point, to hopefully overwhelm Spidey's spidey sense.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Thanks, guys, I knew the forum would be able to help me out.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!