Page 90 of 137 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2043

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Not a fan. It sounds like a Pokemon buff move, and isn't better than Dust. As a nickname, it's unwieldy and it's still in the same "area" as Dust, so...

It has made me think that some nerd could make a Dune reference at her though.
    I think all the New X-Men are just gonna be stuck with their mutant names. Blindfold was the closest to having a good legacy name through ‘Destiny’ but she’s presumably coming back, so that’s probably off the table. And mayyyybe X-23 and the ‘Talon’ name but no one currently writing Laura seems to remember that. I wish Hellion got another codename, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Yikes, when did she be come a murderer?
    I know you don’t like any of this cast, but Dust has always defended herself by any means necessary. Even way back when the Purifiers invaded the school:

Holy sht, she killed that dude. Why did I never notice?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Holy sht, she killed that dude. Why did I never notice?
    There was a whole subplot in that arc about how the Purifiers wanted to kill Dust before they attacked the school because according to Nimrod even if they managed to kill the rest of her team, Dust was going to wipe out all of the Purifiers

The Champions have to frequently tell Sooraya not to kill their opponents. And that’s the dynamic I want if the New X-Men ever team up with them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The Champions have to frequently tell Sooraya not to kill their opponents. And that’s the dynamic I want if the New X-Men ever team up with them.
    Soo is definitely of the "Turn the other cheek only so far, push me and I WILL @#$% you up" sort of religious persuasion. This is one reason I'd like to see her spend more time with Kamala so they can really play with the the contrast of their viewpoints.

Yeah, Kamala's not all that devout, preferring the moral lessons to the traditions. Her brother Aamir is very devout, like Sooraya is. And Kamala's friend Nakia wears a headscarf, so she's somewhere in the middle. It'd be interesting to see those four discuss their faith.

Re what Beetle said: that's true. It was foiled because X-23 stole Sooraya's clothes and impersonated her. Though wouldn't she have survived anyway? She no-selled a stabbing in Champions, so I'm sure she can use her powers to make bullets harmless.

Tycon, Hellion was called Scion in House of M, so he does have an alternate codename he could use.

Yikes, when did she be come a murderer?
    She was killing terrorists before she debuted, so she's actually always been one (there's a reason why she was a Hellion and not one of the goody-two-shoes New Mutants, lol). But she didn't actually kill this guy, she just smothered him so he couldn't use his pyrotechnic powers.

This seems like the best place to mention this - Melody Guthrie is in Fearless #2.

It hadn't previously been revealed which Academy X squad Aero was on, had it? I guess this confirms that Storm was her advisor, meaning she was on the same team as Gentle.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-16-2019 at 06:08 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Kamala's not all that devout, preferring the moral lessons to the traditions. Her brother Aamir is very devout, like Sooraya is. And Kamala's friend Nakia wears a headscarf, so she's somewhere in the middle. It'd be interesting to see those four discuss their faith.

Re what Beetle said: that's true. It was foiled because X-23 stole Sooraya's clothes and impersonated her. Though wouldn't she have survived anyway? She no-selled a stabbing in Champions, so I'm sure she can use her powers to make bullets harmless.

Tycon, Hellion was called Scion in House of M, so he does have an alternate codename he could use.

She was killing terrorists before she debuted, so she's actually always been one (there's a reason why she was a Hellion and not one of the goody-two-shoes New Mutants, lol). But she didn't actually kill this guy, she just smothered him so he couldn't use his pyrotechnic powers.

This seems like the best place to mention this - Melody Guthrie is in Fearless #2.

It hadn't previously been revealed which Academy X squad Aero was on, had it? I guess this confirms that Storm was her advisor, meaning she was on the same team as Gentle.
    The discussion in the aftermath of the attack between Laura and Soo gives a fascinating look at the dichotomy of her character; that she was able to kill the Purifiers who attacked them, and yet still prayed for their souls and forgiveness afterwards.

Hmmmmm yeah now that I’m thinking about it, Julian could’ve abandoned that name at any point when Emma cut him off. But anyway, I do kind of like that codename but Hellion’s still better.

Melody!!!!! I missed her! Ororo said she can always come back to the school, which makes me wonder if she got repowered somehow. Unless that’ll be the very next thing they address. Also, love that Seanan gets to use Melody since she wanted to put her in Amazing Nightcrawler.

Oh, reading back on issue one of Fearless, I guess it clears up who “Melody” is.

Cool to see the non-X MU utilize these kids, especially Melody being the catalyst for this whole team-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Soo is definitely of the "Turn the other cheek only so far, push me and I WILL @#$% you up" sort of religious persuasion. This is one reason I'd like to see her spend more time with Kamala so they can really play with the the contrast of their viewpoints.
    I wish she could guest star in an issue of Magnificent Ms Marvel ala Ironheart with her Champions team-up issues.
    Last edited by Tycon; 08-17-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Melody!!!!! I missed her! Ororo said she can always come back to the school, which makes me wonder if she got repowered somehow. Unless that’ll be the very next thing they address. Also, love that Seanan gets to use Melody since she wanted to put her in Amazing Nightcrawler.
    If she's repowered, she probably needs a new codename, considering Aero is now in use by a Chinese heroine with her own solo book. I do think House of X could end with a mass repowering, undoing House of M once and for all.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

If she's repowered, she probably needs a new codename, considering Aero is now in use by a Chinese heroine with her own solo book. I do think House of X could end with a mass repowering, undoing House of M once and for all.
    I would love if her powers were something other than 'generic flight,' like the ability to psionically charge a mass of air and use it to lift herself, or others, giving her not just flight, but a more useful ability that could be developed to fling people around, or 'harden' the air into a shield, or perhaps even surround an ally with a mass of psycho-reactive air that's been tuned to respond to *their* mental wishes, and allows them to 'fly' for a brief time.

'Just flight' is kind of dull, on it's own, but adding unrelated powers, like Monet's grab-bag of abilities, is also unsatisfying to me (no matter how great Monet is!).

You're thinking something similar to Invisible Woman's powers? She sometimes floats on an air disc and uses forcefields.

I don't know. I've been trying to think of a good codename for that, maybe Cloud? Unless that's too close to Cloud 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I would love if her powers were something other than 'generic flight,' like the ability to psionically charge a mass of air and use it to lift herself, or others, giving her not just flight, but a more useful ability that could be developed to fling people around, or 'harden' the air into a shield, or perhaps even surround an ally with a mass of psycho-reactive air that's been tuned to respond to *their* mental wishes, and allows them to 'fly' for a brief time.

'Just flight' is kind of dull, on it's own, but adding unrelated powers, like Monet's grab-bag of abilities, is also unsatisfying to me (no matter how great Monet is!).
    I wonder what McGuire would've done with Melody had she been able to write her in Age of X-Man. I like that a lot fo the Guthries (like three of them but still) have their mutant powers manifest in different forms of flight, so Melody just having basic flight always felt off. Hopefully she gets repowered and gets something in conjunction with that like what you've suggested or something of that caliber.

BANNED

How many times did Melody appear before this (not counting some nameless head appearance amogst a brothel of guthrie kids).

How many times did Melody appear before this (not counting some nameless head appearance amogst a brothel of guthrie kids).
    idk probably about nine or ten appearances? Better get on that reading order.