Page 60 of 137 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Happy Mother’s Day to the teachers that actually gave a **** about these kids

Prayers up for a Leah Williams penned story where Julian tells Emma that he’s the man he is today - for better or worse - because of her.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Prayers up for a Leah Williams penned story where Julian tells Emma that he’s the man he is today - for better or worse - because of her.
    I really do wish Leah got a chance to do her Emma/Julian story she had as a back up for XMen Black. I hope she's got it in her back pocket for the future.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I hope HiX-Men is another era where the X-Office can pull off a bunch of anthology minis so writers can give us that delicious character development. I would love for Leah to write their reunion, and if not her then definitely Seanan McGuire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Happy Mother’s Day to the teachers that actually gave a **** about these kids
    Don't forget Karma!

Scott gave a care. Northstar too. The New Mutants was just more of Dani/New Mutants(literally)Emma book.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Scott gave a care. Northstar too. The New Mutants was just more of Dani/New Mutants(literally)Emma book.
    I was speaking more to the Mother's Day aspect. Karma was there for Vic after Northstar was murdered, wound up taking over Alpha Squadron and the Paragons, and was one of three X-Men who were primarily doing the teaching deal (along with Dani and JP). So if we're specifically celebrating the lady teachers who went above and beyond, doesn't feel right to leave her out.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I was speaking more to the Mother's Day aspect. Karma was there for Vic after Northstar was murdered, wound up taking over Alpha Squadron and the Paragons, and was one of three X-Men who were primarily doing the teaching deal (along with Dani and JP). So if we're specifically celebrating the lady teachers who went above and beyond, doesn't feel right to leave her out.
    Ah sorry. YEah. I think I'm forgetting but what did happen to Karma during the Kyost years?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Ah sorry. YEah. I think I'm forgetting but what did happen to Karma during the Kyost years?
    I think she was watching the 198

That issue teared me up. Poor Anole. You'd think he'd have a hatred or strong dislike of Logan after that.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

BANNED

That issue teared me up. Poor Anole. You'd think he'd have a hatred or strong dislike of Logan after that.
    Nah, can't have people holding Logan responsible for anything. Perfectly fine when it's Scott, but not Saint Logan.

Now that you brought up Northstar, that just made me realize that the roster of Disassembled is mostly made up of X-Men that don’t treat the New X-Men like trash but they didn’t say anything when Jean kept underselling them. It would’ve been a nice callback to a lot of other stories if those same X-Men (Psylocke, Jubes, Northstar etc) came to the students’ defense and officially graduated them....again or something.

but back to Mother’s Day & Logan:

Rogue & Indra <3 <3 Carey’s X-Men Legacy was basically Rogue and Magneto raising their kids

Weird how distant Logan was to most of the kids yet a select few who he was super-close to. Laura and Hisako? His daughters. But it always seems like he wants nothing to do with Dust or Surge. He outright hates Hellion and doesn’t really like Rockslide.
    Last edited by Tycon; 05-12-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Nah, can't have people holding Logan responsible for anything. Perfectly fine when it's Scott, but not Saint Logan.
    Anole seemed a bit disillusioned with the X-Men in general following the death of his mentor. Iirc, it was Elixir who was really not cool with Logan afterward. But then, he was the one who was up to his wrists in Northstar's blood trying to heal a corpse, so not surprising.

Ultimate Member

I read a fanfic where one of the groups of students ran a danger room training exercise after that issue where the objective was to take out Wolverine, and when their advisor freaked out about it, argued that it was important, because even if Logan himself never killed another person on the school grounds, there were still plenty of other Logan-esque threats to their lives (like Sabertooth, Daken or Lady Deathstrike) out there to be ready for...

Good ol' Mike Carey, he did wonders with X-Men Legacy. I miss that book and hope we'll see something like it again.

It served as a spine to the franchise, picking up threads from events, used and developed existing characters, and had it's own direction too.

He rarely resorted to killing characters even within such a long run, only Ariel and Tempo come to mind, and he felt so guilty with Ariel that he dedicated his last issue to bringing her back. Tempo is a shame as I really like her look and powers, but she could be easily be brought back if wanted.

He gave some great scenes and stories to Bling!, Trance, Indra, Blindfold and many others of this generation.

Some of the many highlights for me;

The San Fran Riot in #226 and #227 - Hope Abbot/Trance gets some additional offensive and defensive power and features Moonstone as Ms Marvel <3 <3 she was the best! and Ares the GOD OF WAR!

X-Men Legacy Annual #001 - kicks of a great, spooky and wonderfully drawn Bling! and Emplate tale (both Bling! and Trance get themselves some new power developments)

#231 kicks off Clay Manns great run with on art - Blindfold is a amazing in this arc, brilliant character, she's freaky and yet I still want to hug her, Carey wrote her beautifully...... ugh I'm getting angry at uncanny again now.
    She definitely warrants an animation or game or movie appearance, she tugged on my heart strings enough without uncanny, but I'm thinking maybe she was sacrificed as to cut ties or provoke Joss Whedon, who created her.

I could go on and on, even more, ha!, almost every issue during Carey and Christos Gages runs develop or creates threads for one or more of these characters.

Oh and Christos Gages WW Hulk X-Men gives these characters a note worthy show too.

I've always wondered whether Wallflower was initially meant to be the one to eventually deal with the Hulk, she's a bit of a silver bullet towards with him. Nevertheless it's great to have Mercury be given such a scene.