Page 23 of 137 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I didnt like having Blindfold die. I think she was one of the best and most usable post 2000s xmen. Now the character development she got in Xmen legacy, or her meeting a resurrected Destiny in Necrosha, seems kind of pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So do we know who killed the one who was not ijn the bath?
    Prime/616 Rosenberg took a shotgun and did it himself.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So do we know who killed the one who was not ijn the bath?
    Nope. They didn't even die on-panel, and because of the art if it hadn't been for Ruth saying who most people probably wouldn't have even been able to tell.

I love that the implication is that they knew they were being hunted down, were running away, and Loa’s MATTER DISSOLUTION powers didn’t work. Wasn’t the whole point of that the fact that she couldn’t really get hurt by physical.....actually nevermind they don’t care.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I love that the implication is that they knew they were being hunted down, were running away, and Loa’s MATTER DISSOLUTION powers didn’t work. Wasn’t the whole point of that the fact that she couldn’t really get hurt by physical.....actually nevermind they don’t care.
    Rosenberg had the writer shotgun, its spread is bullshit.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Remember the first time Ruth killed herself? Maybe it's misdirection? (I'm not ready to admit she's gone).

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Wow, the goings on in Uncanny X-Men sound spectacularly dumb.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    They didn't have to do it like that.
    there were more "tasteful" ways to go about it.
    It's not supposed to be "tasteful", though. It's intended to hit hard. It's intended to evoke strong feelings. Judging by the reactions, it seems to have succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    It's not supposed to be "tasteful", though. It's intended to hit hard. It's intended to evoke strong feelings. Judging by the reactions, it seems to have succeeded.
    It doesn't count when they miss the mark entirely and get the wrong feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    Not to be intentionally rude, but doing some edgy **** and then running into the “it’s meant to make you feel [whatever strong emotion here] isn’t deep or analytical. A person with suicidal tendencies isn’t gonna look at this and get a message of “okay, maybe i shouldn’t go down those route” because there is NOTHING in this book that makes it clear that what Blindfold did wasn’t right.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

To be honest I don't have any concrete objections to what I've read happens in the latest issue of Uncanny, I'm just in no way interested in the book going off of them. Execution is everything, it may read fine for me in the scenario in which I read it (Maybe Marvel Unlimited?) but it sounds like something I want little to do with.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Not to be intentionally rude, but doing some edgy **** and then running into the “it’s meant to make you feel [whatever strong emotion here] isn’t deep or analytical. A person with suicidal tendencies isn’t gonna look at this and get a message of “okay, maybe i shouldn’t go down those route” because there is NOTHING in this book that makes it clear that what Blindfold did wasn’t right.
    Exactly. Even Rosenberg's use of "this is forever", which as he pointed out in his twitter bullshit, is a phrase that is supposed to communicate to people with suicidal depression that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary feeling and sensation, to show that as bad as things may seem now, they will get better. But then he uses it in such a way in this story that it's meaning becomes twisted to suggest that it is the feeling of hopelessness and despair that are forever, and then uses that as justification for Ruth taking her own life, it's dangerously irresponsible writing.

So in one issue, the X-World lost a disabled character, a Pacific Islander character, and a Mexican character (by making him too old to use in a superhero comic)?

Cyclops and Wolverine must be feeling so much PAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    So in one issue, the X-World lost a disabled character, a Pacific Islander character, and a Mexican character (by making him too old to use in a superhero comic)?

And supposedly we'll be losing Indra and Elixir in upcoming issues. And given that Chamber's down with the morlocks, I wouldn't put much stock into him not getting killed off either.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post

All to show how dedicated they are to the racism metaphor

Christ